GDT: Game 19 | Golden Knights vs Ducks | 7:30 | NBCSN | Text Only GDT.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Today is Wednesday November 14, 2018 in the year of our lord.
This evening at half past seven, the defending Western Conference Champion Vegas Golden Knights will play a game of hockey versus the formerly Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. The aforementioned contest will take place at T-Mobile Arena, near the corner of Park Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard in Clark County, Nevada.

To this point in the season, the visiting team has played 19 games. Of those 19 games, they were victorious in eight of them while losing eleven. Of those eleven losses, three came in overtime.

The gracious host team of tonight's contest has played eighteen games to this point, winning only seven. They've lost the remaining eleven games, with only one of those losses coming in overtime.

If you would like to watch this game on television, you may do so on the NBC Sports Network. Please note that this is not where the games are normally broadcast. However, if past experience is an accurate predictor, you should hear Dave Goucher providing commentary on NBCSN.

Radio broadcasts of tonight's game can be found on Fox Sports Radio 98.9 KRLV in Las Vegas and online as well as via satellite radio on SiriusXM if you are a subscriber to that service or are currently in the free trial period of SiriusXM service after the purchase of a new vehicle.

As expected, Erik Haula is just as injured as he looked when it happened, so we may see a new face playing for the Knights as Mr. Haula has been placed on injured reserve.

Marc-Andre Fleury is expected to start in net tonight for our beloved Knights and John Gibson will start for the Ducks and hopefully show some cracks since he's essentially carrying the entire team. The Ducks most recently defeated the Predators of Nashville in a 2-1 shootout, and of course, the Golden Knights went ahead and puked their way through a road trip.

Nate Schmidt is one game closer to his return after this evening, which should help out with our play from the blueline which has, to this point, been subpar in the estimation of this GDT poster. However, defensive scoring is on the upswing, which is nice. The Power Play is also showing signs of life, so we've got that going for us which, again, is nice.

The entire Golden Knights squad is playing better than their record if all the nerd stats like PDO, Corsi, Fenwick, and Buick are to be believed, so let's all get together and hope that tonight is the night where the worm starts turning and they'll get the goals that the analytics say they're supposed to get.

I'll be hoping for an injury free game, and I fully expect a dominating Knights win that will set the table for the last three quarters of the regular season.

That is all, thank you for reading this GDT.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Just throwing this out there Knights 4-2 Eaks, Patches, Karlsson and insert obligatory 4th liner here.

Just for lols gonna put a correct score bet on

VGK will lose 4-7. 4 of Ana's 7 will be scored by Merrill or Holden. (not sure what the lineup is tonight)

Hat Trick Willie will get 2 points tonight.

Reactions: hangman005

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
VGK will lose 4-7. 4 of Ana's 7 will be scored by Merrill or Holden. (not sure what the lineup is tonight)

Hat Trick Willie will get 2 points tonight.
Anaheim scoring 7 goals in one game
giphy.gif

Even if Merrill was taking slap shots at Fleury, that's not happening.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Not feeling good about this. Flower will have to be in god mode for our piddly offense to win it. In other words, VGK 1-0, or ANA 3-1 (with an EN goal).

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Text only?!? I had the perfect video I was gonna post tonight. And I s'pose I have to forgo my emojis. Hope I remember!

Oh, well.

Anyway, if there's any T-Mobile magic left, strongly suggest the boys tap into it pronto, as I am beginning to see the season slipping away (and here is where I was gonna post the video.)

And like others, I just don't get the love affair with one Mr. Jon Merrill.

Anyway...

GKG!!!

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Could we be looking to trade Merrill or Hunt pre-Schmidt return? Free a roster spot to call up a forward.
Merrill I would say has no to negative value and I don't see alot of benefit in trading Hunt.... especially as it would make Merrill the go to back... which is just plan stupid.... kind of like dressing Merrill over Hunt to begin with.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well it's almost time, so Go Knights Go,

But also this game is on NBC so coverage should start some point in the middle of the 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad