GDT: Game 19: Finland Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SUI 5 - 2 FIN

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Well, it was quite evident that they are lacking the game-breaking power, i.e. the loss of two of our best centers really showed. Also Annunen was quite bad: two of the goals were totally on him

Unless Annunen has a lot better game against US, it will be a crushing defeat.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Thats 6 years ago. Theyre better now.

We're a nation of 5,5 million people with about 20K U-20 junior players, some of whom only play rec league. It's perfectly normal to not have a good age group every year, plus our two best centers are injured. It's also normal by Finnish standards to not pick the best coaches for the junior national teams.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
We're a nation of 5,5 million people with about 20K U-20 junior players, some of whom only play rec league. It's perfectly normal to not have a good age group every year, plus our two best centers are injured. It's also normal by Finnish standards to not pick the best coaches for the junior national teams.

Most respectful commend so far.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
And yet you have more success than sweden so...

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It was a very weird experience when, after some lackluster showings by the Finnish teamin this tournament, I thought, hey, didn't they have this Helminen guy in there a few years back with an abysmal result which lead to his swift exit.. well turns out I was right. I cannot fathom why the people responsible thought it would be a good idea to run him back, but I guess it's just Finns being Finns. If you hire a n00b once and he fails, you don't run the guy back without any results to warrant a second chance.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did you watch the USA-Russia game? The amount of shot blocking they means none of our dmen will get a shot on goal. Plus they a have goalie and coaching advantage.

We certainly do not have a coaching advantage. Our coach is playing our best players 14-15 minutes per game, and grinders 20 minutes per game.

Tyttojenvessa

May 23, 2019
Good result for the finns, hope the kids come down to earth from their high horse from last year and start focusing on hockey instead of messing around and talking trash how boring the host city is etc

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that our young Finnish Lions didn't play as well as expected. But nil desperandum, this was only one game in preliminary series where anything can happen. I have strong believe that our young Finnish Lions will learn to be stronger from this adversary experience and advance to next round, maybe even up to finals and winning the gold!

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
We sucked, it shouldn't have happened. Thanks for being like the third person for calling me out for believing in my team. Nice.

It's a matter of simple respect: even if you think that the opponents will be easily vanquished, don't boast about it before that actually happens.
Because if the easy victory you were so sure of, turns instead into a 5-2 loss like it happened this time, then the consequence is that people will remind you of what you said earlier.
Next time, show some respect and don't basically infer that your opponents are just trash that needs to be collected. It's a great learning moment for you, don't waste it.

Reactions: Mach85

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It's a matter of simple respect: even if you think that the opponents will be easily vanquished, don't boast about it before that actually happens.
Because if the easy victory you were so sure of, turns instead into a 5-2 loss like it happened this time, then the consequence is that people will remind you of what you said earlier.
Next time, show some respect and don't basically infer that your opponents are just trash that needs to be collected. It's a great learning moment for you, don't waste it.
Wait what? I am very sorry if I sounded like I had no respect. I just thought they were going to win, that its. We suck and we will lose the next game. I am very very sorry. I feel really bad. Never felt so bad for believing that our team is going to win a game.. I never said a thing about "easy victory" anyway. Just that I thought the Swiss group isn't good enough to win this Finnish team. I was wrong, I am sorry.

Swiss team isn't trash, the Finnish team is. I juat hoped and wished they will win.. sorry. Edited my post.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad