GDT: Game 19: Finland Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SUI 5 - 2 FIN

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Switzerland seems to be our kryptonite nowadays, ruthlessly using their opportunities and then shutting down our offense.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I live in a city where like 33% of the population speaks Swedish as their first language. And other 30% speaks Swedish actually really well.

It's not that common anymore, right? I'm actually a little ashamed that I don't speak any finnish even though I'm half finnish. To my defence my father isn't very good at finnish either :D Whished I would have gotten to learn some basic finnish as a kid though. But I do know how to say vittu, perkele and hyvä ;)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I know you don't like Hollenstein. Charlin plays well and solid but also has quite a few (bad) rebounds. The team is working well to work them out. Hollenstein played great yesterday (beside that mistake which led to the goal). Pretty sure that it's anoither Hollenstein-start in the quarters.

I like Hollenstein...but we have three good goalies. But the other two are more talented than Hollenstein and Hollenstein let in far too many weak ones. If we didn't have options then I'd understand...but in our situation there's zero reason to start Hollenstein again. Just watch how much more confident the guys are with the calm presence of Charlin behind them instead of the nervous, mistake prone Hollenstein. Hollenstein just never found his mojo in this tournament. He can do much better, we all know that... but it's pointless to try again now. If Hollenstein starts in the quarters, that will be our last game...no matter who we're gonna play.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This is what happens when a team with better team defense plays against a team with horrible team defense but way better individuals.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Disagree. Usa tries to control the play which leaves room for skilled finnish forwards. Russia plays more like sweden.

Did you watch the USA-Russia game? The amount of shot blocking they means none of our dmen will get a shot on goal. Plus they a have goalie and coaching advantage.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It's not that common anymore, right? I'm actually a little ashamed that I don't speak any finnish even though I'm half finnish. To my defence my father isn't very good at finnish either :D Whished I would have gotten to learn some basic finnish as a kid atleast. I do know vittu, perkele and hyvää though
Yea I guess not, true. Vaasa is actually an interesting city. As mostly people in our neighbour cities only speaks Swedish, but in Vaasa most speak Finnish. I was working in a restaurant for school and most of the customers spoke Swedish to me. More than Finnish. You actually need to know it here. I'm quite bad at Swedish, but I think I can manage to speak some Swedish if I really need to. I've heard that my accent is very Swedish-like Finnish. Perfect Finnish with a hint of Finlandswedish accent.

Reactions: Prntscrn

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
So.. havnt watched the score for this game the entire evening, what's happening?

Switzerland good or Finland just not playing well?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
They thought they were going to cruise past Switzerland after Slovakia and Kazakstan games. They got the hard game and were totally unprepared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad