GDT: Game 19: Finland Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SUI 5 - 2 FIN

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just tuned in during the Canada v Czech intermission.

What is happening in this game? I didn’t expect this score seeing it 3-2 Switzerland.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Now I might sound like an arrogant Swede but Isn't Åbo/Turku where he is from one of the places in Finland where a lot of people actually speak Swedish/some swedish?

Turku/Åbo is officially a bilingual city. This is mostly due to the swedish speaking minority, which is present all over coastal Finland.

Kallio isn't bilingual via family to my knowledge but I'd assume he had some basic grasp of the language via school, making it easier to learn the language better.

Reactions: Prntscrn

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

What is happening in this game? I didn’t expect this score seeing it 3-2 Switzerland.
Same... just tuning in. It's 'funny' as the result doesn't matter for the Finns/Swiss as they are going to get Russia/US which are both awful quarter opponents to have.

On the other end... I don't think Russia/US want Finland at all!

I say this with zero disrespect to the Swiss as I think they'll be a tough quarter and realize they took out the Swede's last year.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Swiss goalie is playing the game of the tournament as a goalie. And just i was writing that Annunen lets in another one.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Long story short, Paterlini finally started another goalie.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Now I might sound like an arrogant Swede but Isn't Åbo/Turku where he is from one of the places in Finland where a lot of people actually speak Swedish/some swedish?
I live in a city where like 33% of the population speaks Swedish as their first language. And other 30% speaks Swedish actually really well.
Honestly looks like they have no interest being there.
Not suprising, not much for us to play for in this game.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Good. Berni played well so far but we need him to contribute offensively now that Gross is out...

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Happy I haven't been paying much attention this year. Knew this would happen with Raipe + several key players missing.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Long story short, Paterlini finally started another goalie.

I know you don't like Hollenstein. Charlin plays well and solid but also has quite a few (bad) rebounds. The team is working well to work them out. Hollenstein played great yesterday (beside that mistake which led to the goal). Pretty sure that it's anoither Hollenstein-start in the quarters.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Kallio isn't bilingual via family to my knowledge but I'd assume he had some basic grasp of the language via school, making it easier to learn the language better.

Alright. Would make sense if he atleast had some knowledge making it easier, he sounded like your typical Swedish speaking Finn. Could obviously learn it anyway but english would be the easier route and it's not uncommon to hear people who has lived here for a long time barely speaking Swedish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad