GDT: Game #19| Feb. 21, 2013|Panthers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Quick question: Can you recall how many of those games you're vaguely recalling came at the tail end of a back-to-back?

I understand your point, but completely disagree with it.

The schedule was published long time ago, and it's a job of FO and coaching staff to design strategic approach to the "back to backs" as well as individual game plans. May be it's not a good plan to try to play "run-and- gun" game at the tail end of a back-to-back against the team that is fresher and ready to trap. And may be they need to evaluate personnel in this situations and put some previously scratched people on ice.

Also, I am not a hockey player, but today is my fifth "back-to- back" this week, and I do not think my employer would tolerate if I suck at what I need to do.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
People talking about Bryz throwing his stick, he's always done this. Last year was the exception. There are plenty of videos on YouTube of him in a cyotes jersey throwing his stick after a goal. That's just the way he plays. He'll be fine

It seems that he can never win with this crowd: he is either "too out to space" or "too emotional".

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Unfortunately for a lot of reasons, including some bad luck with injuries, Flyers are mired in mediocrity and will most likely be hard-pressed to overcome it. It's a bit frustrating to be a .500 team especially considering a good draft pick would really help this team and we're not exactly built for the playoffs right now even with injured players coming back later on (provided no new ones occur).

Two games Stanley, one game Seth. It is depressing, as an end result, that they won't seem to be consistent on either end of the win-loss spectrum. But I can swallow the loss to the Panthers a lot better with the memories of fighting out a momentously entertaining win against the Penguins the night before, rather than game after game akin to TSTSNBN.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
They were playing their 5th game in 5 different cities in 7 days against a team that had been off since Monday. Not to mention coming off a 60 minute war with Pittsburgh, fatigue happens and there's not much you can do about it especially dealing with the injuries they have.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Injuries and being tired are excuses for not showing up these guys get big bucks to play they should be ready NO EXCUSES.But this happens so many games with this team.:rant:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
A back-to-back can't be an excuse for a loss.

The Flyers play 10 back-to-backs this season, which is tied for 4th most (Chicago & Detroit play 12 each and Columbus plays 11), but most teams play 8 or 9. There isn't a serious disadvantage to the Flyers, so they need to figure out a way to play 120 minutes of good hockey over two days.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He makes ten times more money than you and me combined.

He can throw a stick if he wants to throw a stick. If we don't like the example it sets for our kids, we can go be fans of some other team.

I dont care how much money he makes. He lost his cool and composure. He looked like a fool doing that. This has nothing to do with setting an example for kids. Its not looking like a stupid jackass acting like that.
It was still the first period, its not like that was the GWG goal in the shootout. He should not be doing that.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
They were playing their 5th game in 5 different cities in 7 days against a team that had been off since Monday. Not to mention coming off a 60 minute war with Pittsburgh, fatigue happens and there's not much you can do about it especially dealing with the injuries they have.

Makes too much sense. Leave!!!

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
This loss was definitely disappointing and prior to the start of the game I was absolutely sure we'd win this one. Heck, even after the first period I believed in a comeback and that's the first time this season that's happened. So while it sucks to lose a game like that, we weren't really bad and created a lot of chances that just didn't go in. Not a lot of them were exactly prime scoring chances, but some were, and I think it's easier to correct for those mistakes that led to Florida goals last night than it would be if our game totally blew.

I have to say I really like that kid line Florida has, especially Shore and Mueller.

Oh, and poor Grossmann. Even for a big guy like him, he was clearly way out of his league sparring with Parros, and he got lucky there at the end that the bout ended when it did. He was holding out for dear life there, and things were looking to become way worse for him than just that trickle of blood he let out.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
I am just asking for him to keep his composure. this isnt about winning anyone over. if he wants to freak out like that he can throw all his equipment at the end of the game. Not with 50 minutes left in the game.

Goalie is a head game. I personally play best when I'm quietly pissed off but focused. Other guys "zone" might just be when they're waving their arms around and acting like knuckleheads. Bryz is a weird dude, after all.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
not a fan of Bryz acting like a diva and throwing his stick after the PS goal. You gain nothing from doing something like that. Only thing that comes out of that is people realize how easily frustrated you get.
He needs to stay focused and not act like a child when he gets beaten like that.
Why? Why does he have to produce and act according to your standards? Why is it not enough he does his job?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad