GDT: Game #19| Feb. 21, 2013|Panthers at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Clown Baby*

This team comes out of the gates flat more often than not. And that is not just this year but has been a problem for a while IMO. That is a coaching problem if you ask me.
Quick question: Can you recall how many of those games you're vaguely recalling came at the tail end of a back-to-back?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
All I know is that I've heard plenty of trade Voracek talk by flyers fans in the past and that would be a huge mistake. That kid has the tools to completely dominate games and he's only 23. He could/will be insane in the playoffs (you know when the team actually makes it :laugh:)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I thought that this month we could go 10-5 due to not playing Bos and NYR and only playing NJ and Pitt once each. We are 6-6 now. Unless we go 3-0 in the next 3, we are in a huge hole with March being a tough schedule. We have 8 games against either NYR, Bos, NJ and Pitt, in the other 5 games, 2 are back to back. At least we will know at the end of March if we are buyers or seller

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
After catching a bit of the Flyer game tonight, I really dislike how Bryzgalov throws visible temper tantrums every time he lets one in. It's okay to get upset, but he's got to keep things together while he's in the game. Get mad after the game, not during it.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
After catching a bit of the Flyer game tonight, I really dislike how Bryzgalov throws visible temper tantrums every time he lets one in. It's okay to get upset, but he's got to keep things together while he's in the game. Get mad after the game, not during it.
I don't know that I'm worried about it, I saw it once last night and once tonight. But when he did it the second time last night I was thinking "oh no, this could be a problem". Then I saw the replay it was the kicked-in goal.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Before he was emotionless and didn't care now he's throwing temper tantrums and doesn't have his head in the game

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I just feel so angry and so depressed right now... I don't even think the Blue Jackets, who have the worst record, have embarrassed themselves this much this year.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Honestly I was surprised how much energy the Flyers showed today and they played better than I expected. It sucks to lose but they were the better team this game and I think they were more unlucky.

They've had such a hard schedule both travel and lack of rest days wise. All they need to do is get back to .500 as soon as possible and then have a strong second half of the season.

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
I just feel so angry and so depressed right now... I don't even think the Blue Jackets, who have the worst record, have embarrassed themselves this much this year.

Its not that bad, they had two big wins before this and last nights game was rough. As long as they don't go on another losing streak here I am feeling a lot better about the team then I was last week.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Unfortunately for a lot of reasons, including some bad luck with injuries, Flyers are mired in mediocrity and will most likely be hard-pressed to overcome it. It's a bit frustrating to be a .500 team especially considering a good draft pick would really help this team and we're not exactly built for the playoffs right now even with injured players coming back later on (provided no new ones occur).

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Its not that bad, they had two big wins before this and last nights game was rough. As long as they don't go on another losing streak here I am feeling a lot better about the team then I was last week.

I agree. You never want to say it's okay to lose. But they had a big gut check against the Isles and they passed. And then in a measuring stick game against Pitt they fought for a W. So I'm not pleased by tonight, but if they come back firing on all cylinders against the Jets, I'm willing to overlook it.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Eh I'm not too worried. Flyers had tons of chances to score in this game, just had no luck finishing. It's not like they were completely dominated as the score would suggest. These types of games happen every season to every team. Unfortunately it gets magnified because of a shorter season.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I agree. You never want to say it's okay to lose. But they had a big gut check against the Isles and they passed. And then in a measuring stick game against Pitt they fought for a W. So I'm not pleased by tonight, but if they come back firing on all cylinders against the Jets, I'm willing to overlook it.

This. It's not like the loss in Montreal that makes you lose hope in the team, a couple bounces going our way could've changed the game. And like Timonen said, excuse or not, they were tired coming off that pitt game the night before. I'm not worried, although I am disappointed we couldn't get back to .500.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Next time on a back-to-back they should dress all of their healthy scratches.

Throw in Sestito, Foster, maybe even Wellwood or some other callups to play at least with some fresh legs.
This is just embarassing...

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Next time on a back-to-back they should dress all of their healthy scratches.

Throw in Sestito, Foster, maybe even Wellwood or some other callups to play at least with some fresh legs.
This is just embarassing...

A very good idea! But no Shelley please.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not a fan of Bryz acting like a diva and throwing his stick after the PS goal. You gain nothing from doing something like that. Only thing that comes out of that is people realize how easily frustrated you get.
He needs to stay focused and not act like a child when he gets beaten like that.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
not a fan of Bryz acting like a diva and throwing his stick after the PS goal. You gain nothing from doing something like that. Only thing that comes out of that is people realize how easily frustrated you get.
He needs to stay focused and not act like a child when he gets beaten like that.
He makes ten times more money than you and me combined.

He can throw a stick if he wants to throw a stick. If we don't like the example it sets for our kids, we can go be fans of some other team.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
People talking about Bryz throwing his stick, he's always done this. Last year was the exception. There are plenty of videos on YouTube of him in a cyotes jersey throwing his stick after a goal. That's just the way he plays. He'll be fine

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He makes ten times more money than you and me combined.

He can throw a stick if he wants to throw a stick. If we don't like the example it sets for our kids, we can go be fans of some other team.
What exactly does his salary have to do with his comments?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad