GDT: Game 19: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+ - Miracle Day

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Oel not responding? Why all this OEL bullshit? He and Chick are keeping the D respectable. He has been on an island by himself for the two or more years. All the other teams target and punish OEL more than any other D on the roster. Hopefully Chick continues to mature and teams start to zero in on him and OEL can get a breather.

That's pretty much what I said. Goligoski, Hjalmarsson and Demers have been getting off scott free and pretending they only need to stay at home. They're highly paid and should be capable of carrying the puck. Instead for years they've completely absconded any responsibility for it and default to dumping it all off on OEL and then Chychrun who showed willingness. However there's been a change this year in that I can see they try harder to be 2 way players.. even Bush is trying.

OEL however hasnt really changed anything. I hoped to see a return to form or participating in our new offense or enjoying being #2 to Chychrun at times. Still he's pretty much the same. Which is consistently playing against the opposition's best players. It's only a few games back though. He's probably still feeling very much unwanted which is something that affects him more than others. With so many UFA's I think OEL and Chychrun is what we'll have next year too. Which is fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->