GDT: Game 19: Ducks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+ - Miracle Day

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Honestly, I think Dvo would be a neat pick for captain one day. He does the whole “quiet leading by example” thing much more effectively than OEL and he’s such a calm and DGAF presence on a team that too often looks like it’s running around with its head cut off.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
It's so funny how salty people get when their team loses to us. Honestly one of the best parts of winning, there's just something about us that triggers opposition fanbases.

I've gotten sooo much entertainment from visiting their GDT after their loses.

Reactions: Muppet

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Honestly, I think Dvo would be a neat pick for captain one day. He does the whole “quiet leading by example” thing much more effectively than OEL and he’s such a calm and DGAF presence on a team that too often looks like it’s running around with its head cut off.

Chychrun, Garland, Dvorak sounds like a great leadership group.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Please note: the Chipchura approved GDT was a winner. I have to travel back east this week and may not be able to post. Mom and Dad aren't able to safely take care of themselves so they're moving into a nursing home. Me and my sibs need to get their condo ready to be sold.

I say we go with ghetto Datsyuk until he loses.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
58% of our goals this year have come from Schmaltz, Dvorak, Garland, and Kessel. 69% if you include Keller.

Which is both a positive and a negative. Need more scoring from the bottom 6, and our defense has tallied only 5 goals, 4 of which are Chychrun.

Remember when our d-corps was one of the top scoring in the league?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Our first game under Tocchet we blew a huge lead to the Ducks. The opposite in this case.

I wish they were nice little book ends on his coaching career and we were firing his ass.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
What has surprised me most is how quickly OEL has lost his speed. His early years you almost never saw anyone turn the corner on him. His goal production is down, but too few games played by him to cast too much criticism. Those 10 goal seasons may be a thing of the past.

upload_2021-2-23_8-31-12.png

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
What has surprised me most is how quickly OEL has lost his speed. His early years you almost never saw anyone turn the corner on him. His goal production is down, but too few games played by him to cast too much criticism. Those 10 goal seasons may be a thing of the past.

View attachment 399495
Not sure if he's out of shape but he looks like he's dogging it most of the game. Effort is very disappointing but I haven't seen him dive yet so there's that.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not sure if he's out of shape but he looks like he's dogging it most of the game. Effort is very disappointing but I haven't seen him dive yet so there's that.

I think they rushed him back. I thought he looked better last night than the two King's games. It's still a long ways to go for prime OEL but hope he can start getting closer to that. 6 assists in 8 games isn't bad either.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
By the way, Zegras was interesting. I saw a lot of Hayton in him, smart plays, had a couple of chances that caught other players off guard. He seemingly was either ahead of other players or slightly behind them in decision making which is what I see Hayton struggling with offensively. Much zippier than I expect and a little bit like a cross between Schmaltz and Point. Much more slender than he looked playing against peers though. Will need to fill out because his jersey looked like it was hanging off him, ha.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
OEL likes to keep his enemies close and it often works defensively, but there are countless times I'd rather see him just go ahead and beat his man to the puck, thus removing self imposed drama.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad