GDT: Game 19 - CBJ vs NSH - 20 Feb, 7pm

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
To the people saying “blow it up”

careful what you wish for. If you think this is painful, blowing it up is doubling down on teams like this. This is the type of team you’ll see if Jones and Werenski plan to leave and get traded.

Also this is like the 5th youngest team in the league. Hard to blow that up
I’m not for blowing up the team. While we are the 5th youngest team, the problem ahead is that I’m not sure any of these young guys is a legit top 6 guy except Laine and maybe Tex. (Playing in the top 6 currently doesn’t make one a true top 6er). And on the D side, Werenski is legit, but are any of the others?

Keep in mind I don’t consider Bjork, Jones, Cam young guys.

Again I’m not for a rebuild, but I’m in the camp that feels a bold trade or two is needed to reshape this team, keeping in mind the trades could fail.

Reactions: hn777

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it but I cannot overstate how much I hate this team. It’s one thing to suck, which they do, it’s not about that. I’ve supported and liked a lot of CBJ teams that suck in my life. No, it’s about HOW they suck.

Today they didn’t care or give effort. Whatever, it happens sometimes. But they have zero identity and are utterly careless with anything they do. Some players give effort every shift (Robinson, Cam, Bjorkstrand for the most part, Jenner, even though he struggled id say Roslovic is in the group too) and the rest just throw their sticks out there and collect a check. That on top of being incredibly boring to watch. It’s just a team I will forget about very quickly and will likely only remember as being the last team Torts ever coached here.

I like Laine. But he is how he was billed. He’s a stud shooter but nothing more. He doesn’t drive a line, he’s a passenger, but he’s a damn good one.

Roslovic sucked tonight, and the overreactions in here are aggravating, but he was due for a game like this. I hope he continues to take chances.

both goalies hung out to dry and Elvis gets hurt because of it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Just watched the Forsberg goal again and have to say it was one of the most pathetic Jackets efforts I can recall. Three guys - two in particular - just gave him a path to the net.

Reactions: 60ntheville

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
They suck with open hockey and with "new age" hockey. Not built fully for either. Like a half-assed attempt either way. Fire Torts? We lose. Keep him? We lose. I'd suggest finding a preferred lube brand if you don't want your asshole to look like a diseased artichoke by the end of the season
Might as well try to make it entertaining. This aint it

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I like Laine. But he is how he was billed. He’s a stud shooter but nothing more. He doesn’t drive a line, he’s a passenger, but he’s a damn good one.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. If he’s not scoring, then what value does he provide?

I do think 28 on his off wing would be better for the team though, Bjorkstrand can finish Laine’s passes.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it but I cannot overstate how much I hate this team. It’s one thing to suck, which they do, it’s not about that. I’ve supported and liked a lot of CBJ teams that suck in my life. No, it’s about HOW they suck.

Today they didn’t care or give effort. Whatever, it happens sometimes. But they have zero identity and are utterly careless with anything they do. Some players give effort every shift (Robinson, Cam, Bjorkstrand for the most part, Jenner, even though he struggled id say Roslovic is in the group too) and the rest just throw their sticks out there and collect a check. That on top of being incredibly boring to watch. It’s just a team I will forget about very quickly and will likely only remember as being the last team Torts ever coached here.

Roslovic sucked tonight, and the overreactions in here are aggravating, but he was due for a game like this. I hope he continues to take chances.

I agree with everything you said. This is probably the first year I'm really not enjoying watching hockey, I despise watching this team play, it's awful. I can tolerate a shitty team, what I can't tolerate is having no hope things are going to improve.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
So.
1. Yes, Peeke made some mistakes but the most time he looked quite good plus he played not too many matches.
2. Carlsson was very good, connecting to the attack, a pretty good first pass... .
3. IMHO Laine with Domi was another than with Roslovic because Max understands him much more. I hope they will play together. But after the emotions passed, I feel sorry for Jack, he is a good player, simply he needs partners who play well without the puck.
4. Jenner was excelent. That`s all.
5. Texier gradually turns into a really good center.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Torts looks defeated.

He should feel that way. This team has tuned him out and I'm not sure he knows what else he can do to fix it at this point. The players here are far better than they have been playing.
I think this is a case of the answer being in the room and the room doesn't care enough right now. It has been 19 games of bad, stupid decisions.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I don't agree with Laine's account. Find me a creative player who will be good when the whole match will be forced to chase the puck, because the center loses virtually all face-offs and, importantly, plays poorly without the puck. And he creates chances in every match even today. By the way, do not forget that he is playing with an injury, so his game is far from ideal.

Jack needs players who play well without the puck, who will leave him to play and run around like crazy themselves.But he is a good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad