GDT: Game 19 Canucks host Flames Feb 15th / 7pm PST/ 10pm EST/ Feb 16th 4am CET/ 11am HKT/ 2pm AEDT

Canucks win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
69DB0975-ED64-4F2F-A37F-1F36D7B53C26.jpeg

Please note these are only projected. I will announce the update in the Thread one information is released.

317DE6BC-F847-477A-BAB5-9E9C8F4D880B.png
C1DBD9DF-A0DB-4888-8C19-A2073ECB7EB5.png
A11409CA-BE5A-4B15-AD2E-D4F450BA69B3.png
7F782E92-A353-45C2-B352-149170A7B202.png
7C2C0487-7EC2-4B89-9C65-743652F47AB5.png
F26189DE-32F1-4374-9A70-999952143C0D.png
9B1DB7C9-5045-4941-A42F-38A02A2F0ED3.png
82C13EB9-3EAF-4920-9C1F-DAAABF3F195F.png
5DE4C5AD-C047-4FD4-A37B-DCF446B0792D.png
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
As I expected the Canucks won the last game but in doing so their celebration mocked the Flames, or at least some of them.
With 4 games in hand the Flames took a night off and let Markstrom carry the team and that he did.
The team owes him one regardless of the outcome.

This game I would expect pain.

The Canucks reacted like they just got into the playoffs but they are still sub .500 and the Flames still have 4 games in hand.

The Canucks played as hard as they can but I don't think they have that effort 2 games in a row, I think they mustered up everything they had while the Flames looked like they were resting.

There just because I posted it now they get a 8 zip win :D

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
As I expected the Canucks won the last game but in doing so their celebration mocked the Flames, or at least some of them.
With 4 games in hand the Flames took a night off and let Markstrom carry the team and that he did.

The Canucks reacted like they just got into the playoffs but they are still sub .500 and the Flames still have 4 games in hand.

The Canucks played as hard as they can but I don't think they have that effort 2 games in a row, I think they mustered up everything they had while the Flames looked like they were resting.

the flames are awful, canucks are going to win the next 2

Reactions: geebaan

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I thought the Flames would be better, especially after adding Marky (they needed a goalie) and Tanev (a perfect partner for their young free skating D.) but they really don’t look good overall, and Marky is carrying them.

Calgary lacks a game breaker. I like Lindholm, Tkachuk, and Gaudreau but no one really strikes me as a player that can take the team on their back like Iginla did.

Their past few playoffs have been disasters and it was clearly evident that they needed to retool. To me, they seem stuck in that weird phase they were in from 2007-2012. Good D and goaltending, aging key pieces up front, and some young talent. Can get into the playoffs but not a threat once in.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

There needs to be a show on Discovery where conspiracy theorists and eccentric academics explain why the Canucks won their last game.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Calgary lacks a game breaker. I like Lindholm, Tkachuk, and Gaudreau but no one really strikes me as a player that can take the team on their back like Iginla did.

Their past few playoffs have been disasters and it was clearly evident that they needed to retool. To me, they seem stuck in that weird phase they were in from 2007-2012. Good D and goaltending, aging key pieces up front, and some young talent. Can get into the playoffs but not a threat once in.
Is Marky their new Kipper?

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Seems to be that way for Calgary. No big contracts coming off their books this off-season. Derek Ryan at $3.1 mill is a LTIR right now, can cut down on the $2.75. mill for a backup goalie, Michael Stone buyout comes off at $1.1 mill, and Bennett at $2.55 mill comes off.

Lucic has $5.5 mill of SB left, with $3.5 mill of salary, so minimal cap savings from a buyout.

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013

Do you think Vancouver has any game breakers ?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
There needs to be a show on Discovery where conspiracy theorists and eccentric academics explain why the Canucks won their last game.
More goals in the Flames net than in the Canucks net. Thatll do it normally

Reactions: WTG

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I think EP and Horvat both have elements of that game breaker quality, but neither is complete enough to be that kind of force on a reliable basis. Like, Horvat has shown flashes of that sort of physical talent that say Kesler also did, where he can take over a few games or series. But he doesn't have the high end skill to do more than that. Alternatively I think EP has the high end skill, to similarly dominate small stretches, but doesn't have the physicality to do it like say Matthews would. Hughes has had offensive stretches where he looks like Erik Karlsson, with an ability to just change the landscape of a game. I'm not sure he will ever have the physicality to carry an entire team like that over a long stretch though. He' just not a 30-min all scenarios type of defenceman.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Changed my mind. We are losers tonight.
Flameroos 5 - 2
Coffin nail driven home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad