Post-Game Talk: GAME 19: Canucks 1, Rangers 2: Point streak over! Ice bags brought out.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
5-2 Canucks with goals by Pettersson (4) and Gudbranson

Reactions: jBuds

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
EP40 is gonna score tonight and its gonna especially hurt as the Rangers were wanting to draft him.

And Schaller continues to play over Gaunce. The same Gaunce that had 85% of his zone starts in the Dzone last year and churned out amazing results. The same Gaunce that's been, once again, very effective this year and it's actually translated into points. But Tim Schaller gets to ride shotgun with Bo for a few games and still gets in the lineup on the 3rd line despite being pretty bad all year. Hes probably gonna score because I wrote this out, but my point still stands.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
EP40 is gonna score tonight and its gonna especially hurt as the Rangers were wanting to draft him.

And Schaller continues to play over Gaunce. The same Gaunce that had 85% of his zone starts in the Dzone last year and churned out amazing results. The same Gaunce that's been, once again, very effective this year and it's actually translated into points. But Tim Schaller gets to ride shotgun with Bo for a few games and still gets in the lineup on the 3rd line despite being pretty bad all year. Hes probably gonna score because I wrote this out, but my point still stands.

It's absolutely insane that we're playing this crappy, older, more expensive dime-store version of Gaunce so much including sticking him on the first line, while the actual Gaunce is stuck in the press box or AHL.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It's absolutely insane that we're playing this crappy, older, more expensive dime-store version of Gaunce so much including sticking him on the first line, while the actual Gaunce is stuck in the press box or AHL.

I don't even get it.

Green had no problem scratching this player to start the season. What has he seen since to cement his position in the lineup?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Thanks, Mr. C - I, uh, didn't have time to draw up a GDT as I took a day trip to Vancouver yesterday (and then fell asleep for like 14 hours)

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004

Green loves Gaunce. If it were up to Benning, Gaunce would've been turfed a long time ago. Seems like to me, Gaunce is still getting in to game shape. Green is probably giving him some time off to heal up from any nagging injuries and get back to game shape.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well,..maybe lets watch him play first on Horvats line,before we start whining about it...Roussel does have 67 career goals,and is not an offensive black hole...

Last edited:

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
For once I agree with you Roussel is earning his contract this far. The fact that Green for some reason has kept Shaller on Horvats line over him has been a misstake IMO.

Cheers buddy. I wanna say that I’ve done some meditative reflection recently and came to the conclusion that you and others whom I have, in the past, considered to be too over the top critical of the Canucks against certain players and exectutives etc. Are just expressing your love for the Canucks in a different way and that’s your right and I don’t have any problem with it. We need elite supporters and elite critics alike to form a well rounded elite fanbase.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
What makes this game super exciting to me is, this is where we learn what EP40 is made of.

He was furious about losing in Buffalo. His post game comments reminded me of Kesler’s Burning desire to win.

Does he follow it up with an inspired performance tonight or is he all talk?

I’m leaning towards him having a monster game but so excited to find out.

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
TIL Pettersson and I have the same birthday. Just a bit older then him though.

Happy birthday. I told him he promised you a hat trick, so now he has no choice.

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad