GDT: Game #18|Wed., Nov. 13, 2013|Flyers at Penguins |8:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
In Pitts, they will get Sid out vs Vinny every chance they get. Ayden needs to rough him up a bit and try and get him rattled as that will be the biggest mismatch of the game !

Yeah, and they're going to try and get the Sutter line out against Giroux as much as possible I would assume. The line matching could ultimately determine this one.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah, and they're going to try and get the Sutter line out against Giroux as much as possible I would assume. The line matching could ultimately determine this one.

Tbh though Sutter has been pretty poor in the 3C role compared to Staal, both so far this year and last year as well... in fact, Giroux has been facing tougher defensive minutes than Sutter and been doing better.

The best linematching for the Flyers will be:

G on Crosby
Couts on Malkin
Lecav on Sutter

But yeh, doubt Pitt just let that happen.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
The NHL is pathetic. A nationally televised game and they make Philly travel to Pittsburgh on the second night of a back to back while giving the Penguins 3 days off? Absolutely ridiculous.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The NHL is pathetic. A nationally televised game and they make Philly travel to Pittsburgh on the second night of a back to back while giving the Penguins 3 days off? Absolutely ridiculous.

Eh, the scheduling generally has a way of working itself out. It does suck that they're playing the Penguins on the second day of a back to back, but they'll get the tough one eventually too.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Flyers last night seemed to be in a rythm..hopefully the layoff will be a detriment to Pitt and the Flyers can jump them and Mason can hold the fort if Pitt turns it up.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Despite yesterday's great win, it didn't do much for our position in the standings, we need to keep it going. Nothing better than a win against these fruitcakes. Get 'er done

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
What's kind of interesting stat

Pittsburgh, 17 Games, 40 Goals Against
Philadelphia, 17 games, 44 Goals Against

Its the offense that was losing these games. If and we still have to wait and see, but if this offense has found its gear, they are back to being a good hockey team.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
What's kind of interesting stat

Pittsburgh, 17 Games, 40 Goals Against
Philadelphia, 17 games, 44 Goals Against

Its the offense that was losing these games. If and we still have to wait and see, but if this offense has found its gear, they are back to being a good hockey team.

That includes that 7-0 debacle as well. Interesting indeed. I hope the forwards get their **** together. Last night was certainly promising.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
If they play anything like they did last night they will be right in this with a good chance to pull out a win.

Revenge game, back 2 back statement game. A lot on the line here and the G line is finally waking up at the right time.

Better see Mason out there.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Ehhh... if they were going to split the games between the goalies, I would have rathered Emery play Ottawa (even though the Sens were leading the East in goals per game).

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So they put the goalie with the lateral movement of an 80 year old in net against a team that likes to go cross ice a lot. This ought to be good.

This times 1000. Don't like this decision at all :rant:

But at least Mason goes in Wpg where a win makes my life a lot easier :handclap:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, considering how we shut down Ottawa, who can be very good offensively, I think we shouldn't have too many problems if we play the same kind of game. Emery could let 2 in, but I have a feeling we can light up MAF. Plus, we have a great record in the CEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad