GDT: Game #18 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No need to go down like that and put yourself in that position. Falling on his face was a nice touch at the end.

If he didn't stretch and go down he wouldn't have stopped the first shot.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I wish the crowd would just start chanting WE WANT NYQUIST!! WE WANT NYQUIST!!

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why do we have so much trouble at home all of a sudden? It's been so long I can't remember when we last won a game at the Joe. And just 2 years ago we break the record for consecutive home wins.:dunno:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If we could connect on a pass at some point in this game it'd be great.

#1 reason we're being outplayed in this period, so many easy passes mishandled.

f1seb

Apr 7, 2007
Tell me how he saves the 1st shot without doing what he did. Howard isn't some godly goaltender-he's a very good goalie-he cant save everything.

He didn't have to commit and go down early. He could've just covered the right post and stood his ground. He then would've been able to easily slide to his left and cover the post while standing up.

Very good goalie is not where Howard is. He's a good goalie. Right now he reminds me of an over the hill Curtis Joseph that came over to the Wings.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Missed the first.

I see Z scored on a good forecheck from D.

Malone scored on a Lashoff/Howard combo.

Cleary is on line 4?
Tatar line 2?

How are things going???

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Don't you hate how the refs are always conspiring for us and giving us all the powerplays?

It simply bolsters the argument that was made back in the day: The Wings got a lot of powerplays not because of some phantom favorism but because they were the best puck possession team in the NHL. Ergo, they always had the puck.

Now that we rarely possess the puck, we aren't giving the opposition many chances to even commit a penalty.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It simply bolsters the argument that was made back in the day: The Wings got a lot of powerplays not because of some phantom favorism but because they were the best puck possession team in the NHL. Ergo, they always had the puck.

Now that we rarely possess the puck, we aren't giving the opposition many chances to even commit a penalty.

No arguments here. Makes perfect sense.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

pretty much. well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad