Pre-Game Talk: Game 18 Hopeless vs Despair in the city of brotherly love: afternoon delight

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Giroux should break out of his slump pretty nicely since he'll be playing against Gagner for every second of his TOI.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Perron and Joensuu are coming off injuries. Eakins put them on lines in hopes that they play tomorrow.

I think it's safe to assume that Gordon will center the 3rd line.

The 4th line... I have no clue. I hope its Gazdic - Smyth - Yakupov. But I hate that line too. Hah.

Thanks Soli.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
imgres
well the Oilers chances to make the playoffs is at .6%

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Pacific/Edmonton.html

is that a decimal point lol. :laugh:

imgres

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
That might even be generous. When's the last time a team started 4-11-2 and ended up making the playoffs?

The last year the Capitals had Kolzig, the had a brutal start, but played out of their minds getting into the playoffs....then traded for Huet who got blown out of the water in the 1st round

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Giroux with a multi-point night and first goal of the season (at least). Take it to the bank.

Jul 19, 2012
Looks like I needs. Few more drinks before reading that chart.

Belov goes in? Please no.

Yak to 4th line, let's destroy his confidence entirely. Eakins has no clue what to do with him. None whatsoever. LW. RW. All 4 lines and pressbox (where presumably he eats potato chips with J Schultz). Benching. No clue to ice times.

Can someone tell me why for the love of Christ Hemsky, who will be gone by the trade deadline, is playing in front of a player like Yakupov who presumably will be here for eons to come according to Eakins.

Can someone tell me what any of the Oilers coaches see in Acton?

Can anyone tell me why Marcobello goes to wing on a checking line and Smyth centers the 4th line?

I do not understand Eakins. He sounds clued out in his interviews, completely. But I love how pissed off he gets when the other team scores. He looks like a pissed off kid.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Looks like I needs. Few more drinks before reading that chart.

Belov goes in? Please no.

Yak to 4th line, let's destroy his confidence entirely. Eakins has no clue what to do with him. None whatsoever. LW. RW. All 4 lines and pressbox (where presumably he eats potato chips with J Schultz). Benching. No clue to ice times.

Can someone tell me why for the love of Christ Hemsky, who will be gone by the trade deadline, is playing in front of a player like Yakupov who presumably will be here for eons to come according to Eakins.

Can someone tell me what any of the Oilers coaches see in Acton?

Can anyone tell me why Marcobello goes to wing on a checking line and Smyth centers the 4th line?

I do not understand Eakins. He sounds clued out in his interviews, completely. But I love how pissed off he gets when the other team scores. He looks like a pissed off kid.

Why is this a bad thing?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
He hasn't impressed me at all. I would like to see Larsen and Fedun for a few more games. I assumed one of those 2 would be yanked for Belov.

I think he's been getting better and better until he went down. Was adding a physical element too recently.

The only way he'll adjust more to the NA game is to play more, and I think that if he's ready to go, that's a plus for us.

That being said I like Larsen and Fedun as well, so if Belov isn't 100% then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Philadelphia has a 4.2 % chance, so they are 7 times more likely to make the playoffs than the Oilers...at this point in time.

Being in the Eastern Conference sure helps...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2012
I think he's been getting better and better until he went down. Was adding a physical element too recently.

The only way he'll adjust more to the NA game is to play more, and I think that if he's ready to go, that's a plus for us.

That being said I like Larsen and Fedun as well, so if Belov isn't 100% then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Your right, he has been improving. With Smid out of the way, it's all good now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad