GDT: Game 18: Ducks vs Wild @ 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Currently, the Ducks are on pace to tie with the 2013-2014 Buffalo Sabres, for fewest goals per game in a season minimum 70 games NHL Records. Of course this season there won't be 70 games, but I just wanted to point out how crappy the Ducks "offense" has been this season, they're historically bad. That Buffalo team went 21-51-10.

Reactions: McDonald19

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I didn’t watch the game. But sounds like more of the same. What a disaster. Time for real change. The Samueli’s need to take control of their franchise

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Currently, the Ducks are on pace to tie with the 2013-2014 Buffalo Sabres, for fewest goals per game in a season minimum 70 games NHL Records. Of course this season there won't be 70 games, but I just wanted to point out how crappy the Ducks "offense" has been this season, they're historically bad. That Buffalo team went 21-51-10.

That’s the one positive, this season is short, so don’t have to put up with this for a full 82 games.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I hope Bob and Henry are proud of the product they have assembled.

I think Bob presented the long term goal and the Henry's are okay with it. Everyone's begging for an instant gratification turnaround, but it's not happening due to several unlucky reasons. We tried to trade for D Justin Faulk last off-season, but we were used as pawns. We tried to trade for PLD this early season, but couldn't beat out a Laine + offer. Yet we were in the final 3 teams for PLD. The only sure way any GM can control is the drafting. If that's so, then that's the plan Bob presented to Henry as a possibility, but the draw back is it will take time.

What GM Bob should be grilled over for is his coaching hires. I'm not liking Eakins much, but I'm also trying not to be an instantaneous turnaround guy either. Bob is listening to Eakins and did the unthinkable... waived Rico. In that respect, I like Eakins is willing to make changes. But I really want Eakins to develop a culture of playing 100% all game, which hasn't happened and that's all on Eakins. Essentially, that's also on Bob.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I think Bob presented the long term goal and the Henry's are okay with it. Everyone's begging for an instant gratification turnaround, but it's not happening due to several unlucky reasons. We tried to trade for D Justin Faulk last off-season, but we were used as pawns. We tried to trade for PLD this early season, but couldn't beat out a Laine + offer. Yet we were in the final 3 teams for PLD. The only sure way any GM can control is the drafting. If that's so, then that's the plan Bob presented to Henry as a possibility, but the draw back is it will take time.

What GM Bob should be grilled over for is his coaching hires. I'm not liking Eakins much, but I'm also trying not to be an instantaneous turnaround guy either. Bob is listening to Eakins and did the unthinkable... waived Rico. In that respect, I like Eakins is willing to make changes. But I really want Eakins to develop a culture of playing 100% all game, which hasn't happened and that's all on Eakins. Essentially, that's also on Bob.
murray should've been fired the second he brought back his drinking buddy to coach the team

it goes beyond his coaching hires though

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Whelp Bob, so much for scapegoating a player again for your bad management. I think the players let you know what they thought of your 4-D chess game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still have a headache from last night. Shouldn’t have had that entire bottle of Sake.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Such nonsense. Everyone's begging for an instant gratification turnaround?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Such nonsense. Everyone's begging for an instant gratification turnaround?

Many do. Many.

I didn’t watch the game. But sounds like more of the same. What a disaster. Time for real change. The Samueli’s need to take control of their franchise

murray should've been fired the second he brought back his drinking buddy to coach the team

it goes beyond his coaching hires though

Whelp Bob, so much for scapegoating a player again for your bad management. I think the players let you know what they thought of your 4-D chess game.

I hope Bob and Henry are proud of the product they have assembled.
Well

when fans can return to games
Tickets will be easy to get
Be like old days when we sucked but could buy tickets cheap on game days

So who gets waived tomorrow? Bob has no f***ing clue how to run this club. Changes need to be made, starting with him.

I won't go to another Ducks game until Murray is gone.

Time for ownership to take control. Bob needs to go!

glad i missed this one

nothing will improve until murray is gone. this franchise is long overdue for some change at the top

I've already listed that we re-signed Kesler (6-year contract) in 16-17 and Eaves (3-year contract) in 17-18. Kesler and Eaves were affected by healthy as we partially fell off in 17-18, but still made the playoffs. In 18-19, everything came off when Perry's talent fell off. Murray thought Eaves and Kesler could return fully healthy in 18-19 as well. 19-20 we were talentless with a lot of unproven youth. By this time, GM Murray has given the Samueli's the heads up on the Ducks today and for the future as the team bought out Perry for the 19-20 season. We can't replace Kesler, Eaves, and Perry in a hurry. It's going to be a long process and we're in near the end of the infancy stage of the turnaround.

I was prepared for the Ducks to be a low scoring team and if they were to win, then it would have be based upon its defense to step up and steal games. Shattenkirk is a failure and injuries have hit us again. If everyone isn't begging for instant gratification, then why are there so many complaints about this team today? Are we oblivious that we are lacking talent and are waiting for talent to develop as the most viable way to improve? We are cap strapped for this season going into the season after the TDL by accruing Backes' salary. The Samueli's knew this. Of course, there were some chances to add a player to help improve the team in D Faulk in 2019-20 off-season and C PLD early 2021 season, but still far away a fringe playoff team if played at their best. Those chances didn't happen. The only significant addition we had was D Shattenkirk, but we had to trade off D Gudz to make room for such a salary.

Anyhow, if all those quotes don't reflect instant gratification when all we did between last year and this year was add more salary as well as swapped defensemen in Gudz for Shatty. The only thing to bank on improvement would be effort and strategy. Our PP strategy sucks, but our PK has vastly improved. The 200-ft game relies a lot on effort. With it, then we've shown we can compete even when we lose. Without out, the game is meh and feel pity on Gibby or whoever our netminder is for those games. It's simply effort between last year and this year because we do lack high end talent.

Shatty gamble has failed so far and the added salary netted us Perrault, who looks better than expected with motivation and ahead of Tracey's development. Zegras and Drysdale will be joining the NHL club far sooner than our previous prospects (save Lundestrom), but are still very young to be deemed an NHL stalwarts. And yet, their talent do bump up the talent quality at the NHL club level. And there will be a lot more cap space in 2021-22 off-season. It was always about the future. In the PLD sweepstakes, we offered a futures package to Columbus without Zegras and Drysdale. Thus, re-emphasizing it's all about the future.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Many do. Many.

I've already listed that we re-signed Kesler (6-year contract) in 16-17 and Eaves (3-year contract) in 17-18. Kesler and Eaves were affected by healthy as we partially fell off in 17-18, but still made the playoffs. In 18-19, everything came off when Perry's talent fell off. Murray thought Eaves and Kesler could return fully healthy in 18-19 as well. 19-20 we were talentless with a lot of unproven youth. By this time, GM Murray has given the Samueli's the heads up on the Ducks today and for the future as the team bought out Perry for the 19-20 season. We can't replace Kesler, Eaves, and Perry in a hurry. It's going to be a long process and we're in near the end of the infancy stage of the turnaround.

I was prepared for the Ducks to be a low scoring team and if they were to win, then it would have be based upon its defense to step up and steal games. Shattenkirk is a failure and injuries have hit us again. If everyone isn't begging for instant gratification, then why are there so many complaints about this team today? Are we oblivious that we are lacking talent and are waiting for talent to develop as the most viable way to improve? We are cap strapped for this season going into the season after the TDL by accruing Backes' salary. The Samueli's knew this. Of course, there were some chances to add a player to help improve the team in D Faulk in 2019-20 off-season and C PLD early 2021 season, but still far away a fringe playoff team if played at their best. Those chances didn't happen. The only significant addition we had was D Shattenkirk, but we had to trade off D Gudz to make room for such a salary.

Anyhow, if all those quotes don't reflect instant gratification when all we did between last year and this year was add more salary as well as swapped defensemen in Gudz for Shatty. The only thing to bank on improvement would be effort and strategy. Our PP strategy sucks, but our PK has vastly improved. The 200-ft game relies a lot on effort. With it, then we've shown we can compete even when we lose. Without out, the game is meh and feel pity on Gibby or whoever our netminder is for those games. It's simply effort between last year and this year because we do lack high end talent.

Shatty gamble has failed so far and the added salary netted us Perrault, who looks better than expected with motivation and ahead of Tracey's development. Zegras and Drysdale will be joining the NHL club far sooner than our previous prospects (save Lundestrom), but are still very young to be deemed an NHL stalwarts. And yet, their talent do bump up the talent quality at the NHL club level. And there will be a lot more cap space in 2021-22 off-season. It was always about the future. In the PLD sweepstakes, we offered a futures package to Columbus without Zegras and Drysdale. Thus, re-emphasizing it's all about the future.
are we really gonna act like perry, kesler, and eaves declining were the reason for the ducks decline the last few years?

perry fell off after the 2016 season. eaves was great when he first arrived but then only played 9 more regular season games after he was diagnosed with that mysterious illness. kesler wasn't the same after 2017 and that's when the decline began for the team as a whole. that obviously isn't a coincidence because no one's stepped up to replace him as the 2C but kesler falling off isn't the reason why this team is trash now

it's been a combination of the young talent not developing quick enough, failing to add scoring wingers to play alongside getzlaf, and murray making some real shitty decisions. rakell's decline factors into this as well. he was great in 16-17 and 17-18 and has put up back to back dud seasons since then

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
are we really gonna act like perry, kesler, and eaves declining were the reason for the ducks decline the last few years?

perry fell off after the 2016 season. eaves was great when he first arrived but then only played 9 more regular season games after he was diagnosed with that mysterious illness. kesler wasn't the same after 2017 and that's when the decline began for the team as a whole. that obviously isn't a coincidence because no one's stepped up to replace him as the 2C but kesler falling off isn't the reason why this team is trash now

it's been a combination of the young talent not developing quick enough, failing to add scoring wingers to play alongside getzlaf, and murray making some real shitty decisions. rakell's decline factors into this as well. he was great in 16-17 and 17-18 and has put up back to back dud seasons since then

I mean, you add Getzlaf to that(and take away Eaves) and it's exactly what's happened. It's all quite cyclical, people shouldn't overthink it.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Remember when people started talking playoffs because of a fluke win against Vegas? Anyone that says this is a good team is living on another planet.

Outside of 5 games or so, they have played putrid hockey.
Well, when we are on our best we are really good. As it is with other bad teams, we can't keep up the consistency and other teams are picking us apart.
I still hope we make the playoffs, but I realize how slim chance there is now.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Well, when we are on our best we are really good. As it is with other bad teams, we can't keep up the consistency and other teams are picking us apart.
I still hope we make the playoffs, but I realize how slim chance there is now.
This team isn't bad because it doesn't have consistency - it's bad because it massively lacks talent outside of about 4 players.

EDIT: And the team at it's best is basically Gibson being superhuman in goal. Half of our wins this season are shutouts, and the other half are when the opposition scored one goal :laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
This team isn't bad because it doesn't have consistency - it's bad because it massively lacks talent outside of about 4 players.

EDIT: And the team at it's best is basically Gibson being superhuman in goal. Half of our wins this season are shutouts, and the other half are when the opposition scored one goal :laugh:
We got some scoring rolling at one point and did not gave up too many chances. The ones Gibby stole were at the very start of the year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
They’ve scored more than 2 goals just 4 times this year. It’s tough to say they’ve ever had the scoring rolling at any point

But they did have a stretch before the SJ game where they looked better. It was from the La game until the most recent VGK game that it occurred. They’ve proven recently that that run might have been the outlier. Because they’ve gone back to being the same boring team that gets outplayed and can’t score since then

Reactions: mightyquack

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
They’ve scored more than 2 goals just 4 times this year. It’s tough to say they’ve ever had the scoring rolling at any point

But they did have a stretch before the SJ game where they looked better. It was from the La game until the most recent VGK game that it occurred. They’ve proven recently that that run might have been the outlier. Because they’ve gone back to being the same boring team that gets outplayed and can’t score since then

If that’s a real stat...wow, that’s depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->