GDT: Game 18 - CBJ at MTL - 12 Nov, 7pm

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Beaten to the punch, but agree with everyone. One of the better played periods so far this season,

Reactions: Lumbus

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
There's only one way? And it's the Wyler way?!? Oh, I suspect there are a LOT more ways than that! #UselessPuffery

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Starting to seriously think Korpi won't finish the season with this team
Slow down Speedy Gonzalez. I like Elvis as much as the next CBJ fan...if not more. And he seems to have looked better with each passing game but its just 20 minutes tonight. The team has rallied around him clearing out some of his bigger rebounds so he has some cleaning up to do.

Bobby Mac has been sobering in his critique of Elvis, would love for him to have to pedal back his words a bit.

Reactions: Madifer

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Slow down Speedy Gonzalez. I like Elvis as much as the next CBJ fan...if not more. And he seems to have looked better with each passing game but its just 20 minutes tonight. The team has rallied around him clearing out some of his bigger rebounds so he has some cleaning up to do.

Bobby Mac has been sobering in his critique of Elvis, would love for him to have to pedal back his words a bit.
What did Bobby Mac say? I'm just saying Elvis has the mannerisms of a #1 NHL goalie that Korpi doesn't. He's trending better with every outing. Korpi is the same Korpi we've come to know - except with more temper tantrums.

Reactions: AndrewGaze

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Someone ought to run Weber. Remember the time he sucker punched Tyutin in the back of the head and got away with it?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I really enjoy Bobby Mac's podcasts...good insight, his honest opinions (he was clear how he felt about Dzingel), and always ends the cast with The Tube's "I'll Talk To You Later" :) I think Bobby Mac would be a solid replacement if Rimer ever turns off his mic. Of course Bobby Mac said he would really like to have Mark Letestu sitting next to him as a regular in the radio booth.

I am paraphrasing:

During one of his mailbag sessions a couple weeks ago, I believe someone had asked why Elvis was not getting more starts. What Bobby Mac said about Elvis was that despite the fact Elvis had been playing better, he still lost those last two games...he didn't win them, he saw holes in his game and was not convinced he would ever clean everything up enough to be a feature starting goalie in the NHL.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I really enjoy Bobby Mac's podcasts...good insight, his honest opinions (he was clear how he felt about Dzingel), and always ends the cast with The Tube's "I'll Talk To You Later" :) I think Bobby Mac would be a solid replacement if Rimer ever turns off his mic. Of course Bobby Mac said he would really like to have Mark Letestu sitting next to him as a regular in the radio booth.

I am paraphrasing:

During one of his mailbag sessions a couple weeks ago, I believe someone had asked why Elvis was not getting more starts. What Bobby Mac said about Elvis was that despite the fact Elvis had been playing better, he still lost those last two games...he didn't win them, he saw holes in his game and was not convinced he would ever clean everything up enough to be a feature starting goalie in the NHL.
Let's hope he's wrong. Elvis still overcommits too much and gets himself out of position. I have steadily seen more efficiency in his movements, but he needs to keep improving. And I bet he will. (But I've been wrong before)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I am paraphrasing:

im curious what he said about dzingel

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
im curious what he said about dzingel
Let's just say he does not miss him...none whatsoever! IIRC he suggested he is not missed in the locker room either.

Come on people...listen to the Monday mailbag podcasts. They are like 20 minutes long...not a big commitment.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
g-d almighty Elvis don't scare me like that :scared:

EDIT: And it looks like covering for the guy pinching in is so ingrained that when Elvis did that, Jones immediately moved into the crease. :D

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That was a really really bad decision by Elvis to leave the net. Hope that was a learning experience and he doesn't do that again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->