Post-Game Talk: Game 17 Vs TOR - 3Stars

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Sprong with a beautiful deke on that penalty shot!
2. Raymond with damn near the exact same shot as the one yesterday against Ottawa!
3. Lyon for keeping us in the game for as long as he could.

Scapegoat:
The team. Stop making stupid errors and learn to defend.

Final thoughts: Yeah... the boys showed up on time today, so that's a start. It's just too bad they boarded their flight back to Detroit before the game ended. Maybe we could've won this one had we actually stuck around for the full 60.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Stars
Lyon. He looked sharp, he needs to be included in the rotation more. Or better yet, waive Reimer.

Raymond. Insane at this point that Lalonde is keeping Razor off the top PP unit. The PP is a mess, Raymond has been our best player of late, maybe put him on the top unit????

Sprong I guess for that sick goal

Scapegoat: Derek Lalonde. Switch the lines and PP units up....

sucks that Walman got hurt, the silver lining is that it's gotta be Edvinsson time.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
sucks that Walman got hurt, the silver lining is that it's gotta be Edvinsson time.
For better or for worse, this coaching staff and front office has rarely agreed with the fan base on when a given prospect should start getting regular time in the NHL. So it's entirely possible that they simply remove the rotation and keep a fixed defense of Seider, Ghost, Maatta, Chiarot, Holl, and Petry.

I'm definitely not endorsing this strategy. Just preparing myself for the chance it happens.

Reactions: dj4aces

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
For better or for worse, this coaching staff and front office has rarely agreed with the fan base on when a given prospect should start getting regular time in the NHL. So it's entirely possible that they simply remove the rotation and keep a fixed defense of Seider, Ghost, Maatta, Chiarot, Holl, and Petry.

I'm definitely not endorsing this strategy. Just preparing myself for the chance it happens.
The consensus seemed to be that Berggren was ready before Ray, but Ray was the one who made the team. He's on pace right now to put up 30 goals. Seider has never looked back. They gave Soderblom a shot and he couldn't stick.

Contrary to popular belief, they may actually know what they are doing.

Reactions: 14ari13

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The consensus seemed to be that Berggren was ready before Ray, but Ray was the one who made the team. He's on pace right now to put up 30 goals. Seider has never looked back. They gave Soderblom a shot and he couldn't stick.

I don't disagree, and I didn't mean to imply that previous decisions were wrong. Just that they conflicted with the fans.

As for the current situation, I don't know if Edvinsson is ready enough. But I do feel that every roster player left other than Seider has been mediocre to poor defensively, and unless they're only expecting Walman to just miss 1-2 games, continuing to run these guys out there isn't good enough to have a shot at making the playoffs.

So if it's not Ed, and Jake is out awhile, they need to find another fix.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Appeal to authority doesn't really fly when Chiarot's usage exists.

• Haha
Reactions: FMichael

CaptainZetterberg40

Nov 2, 2014
This is my pessimism speaking, but I get the impression that with how things are going in GR, and the amount of vets we have. We’ll see Edvinsson and Berggren be our “trade deadline” acquisitions/call ups.

I random question but has Veleno ever been on the Wing beside Larkin and Debrincat? How would you guys feel about that as an experiment? Good speed, even handedness on each wing, another element of speed with some skill.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wish it was Chairot that got injured instead. Does anyone know yet how long Walman will be out?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

They need to call Edvinsson up and staple one of petry or chiarot to the bench as 7th d.

I'd run Seider-Ghost, Maata-Edvinsson, Holl-Petry/Chia.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Wish it was Chairot that got injured instead. Does anyone know yet how long Walman will be out?

I haven't seen any follow up his injury. With the flight out the next morning, likely a delay in the medical work up until he gets back to the D.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

If this is case, I guess we should prepare ourselves for the 11th overall pick.

Chiarot, Petry and Holl are pylons

We've won 3 of our last 11 lol....thats terrible, but if management wants to pretend everything is alright I guess thats their decision. The reality is that changes need to happen now, or else we're back in 12th in the Conference soon enough.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
This is my pessimism speaking, but I get the impression that with how things are going in GR, and the amount of vets we have. We’ll see Edvinsson and Berggren be our “trade deadline” acquisitions/call ups.

I random question but has Veleno ever been on the Wing beside Larkin and Debrincat? How would you guys feel about that as an experiment? Good speed, even handedness on each wing, another element of speed with some skill.
At this point I’m willing to try anything.

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022

Wouldn't mind seeing Kostin on that line for a few games.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
rasmussen is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky that petry is on this team (fan-wise).

He'd be getting the cleary treatment at some point if petry wasn't.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Appeal to authority doesn't really fly when Chiarot's usage exists.
Sure. Ben Chiarot is outscoring Michael Rasmussen. :rolleyes:

6 of our top 10 scorers have been acquired over the past 2 years via trade or free agency. 2 of the other 4 were drafted by Yzerman. Only Larkin and Veleno are carry overs from Holland's failed 'retool on the fly'.

I'll be happy when Chiarot is no longer on the roster, but appeal to authority absolutely does apply when it comes to Yzerman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad