Pre-Game Talk: Game #17: Vancouver Canucks @ Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday, Nov. 5th 6:00PM - SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
yep. we're looking at our bottom six right now and thinking... well, at least there's reliable ol' richardson.

...this is such a weird league sometimes.

Pseudonymous*

I didn't know the Canucks had such good archaeologists in their staff, where was Brad Richardsons hands buried? Four goals. My god

Wouldn't shock me to see him end the season with 15 goals to be honest.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
haven't been playing attention to the coyotes, are they just off to a good start like the leafs, or have they been actually dominating the opposition?

They are playing good, a bit risky at times giving up goals early, but they are showing alot of heart, the wings and nashville game they were down by 2 goals (3 in the nashville game) i believe and battled back to win both.

You cant take breaks against them.

They also have a pretty damn good PP when it comes to puck movement, the coyotes broadcast crew raves about riberio distributing the puck on the PP. The home PP is currently ranked 3rd in the nhl I believe.

Nov 1, 2011
I hear their goalie is both their biggest goon, but also their biggest goalscoring threat. That Mike Smith has the perfect power game that we've been looking for. Watch out!

Don't worry, Edler will take care of Smith...again.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Should be a good game. I'm glad the Coyotes have moved from doormat to pushing other teams. Can't take em lightly this year. 4-3 Canucks in OT.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Th Yotes are a hard working team. Similar to this years Canucks team in a lot of ways. I don't expect this to be an easy game for the Canucks. It could go either way. No predictions from me on this one, it's too close to call.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
3-1 Nucks. Minus flying elbow garbage like this:

Loved the outcome though.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Oh great, a game against Mike Smith...What's the over/under on goaltender interference penalties?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Looking forward to this Pacific swing. Pull out your rulers boys and girls, time to see how we measure up with this division.

This. I'm looking forward to this road trip as it's the first time the Canucks will get a steady diet of their real division rivals. Calgary and Edmonton aren't that.

How they play vs. these teams will give us a pretty good glimpse of this team. They've played so many Eastern Conference teams this year and the East is pretty much on a lower tier so we still havent got a real good idea as to their true capabilities.

Wetcoaster

3-1 Nucks. Minus flying elbow garbage like this:

Loved the outcome though.

Ray Ferraro commenting upon the Province article titled - The Attempted Assassination of Henrik Sedin By The Coward Joffrey Lupul. As he says Lupul of all players should understand how dangerous such a play is.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/1...-sedin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn
Embarrassing headline + you'd think player w past concussions wouldve understanding of danger of that play

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Ya, OEL being the one we hoped to get out of Edler. Not sure what's so difficult to comprehend there.

It only makes sense if it were phrased as "We were hoping that Edler was to be playing at OEL's level at this point".

They play completely different games. If you ever wished Edler was going to be an OEL type player, then you need to watch the game more.

What a stupid comment.

Betamax*

It only makes sense if it were phrased as "We were hoping that Edler was to be playing at OEL's level at this point".

They play completely different games. If you ever wished Edler was going to be an OEL type player, then you need to watch the game more.

What a stupid comment.

Closest comparable to another high quality d-man I can think of is the defenseman that plays for the Red Wings ... Kronwall. I remember when Edler had his #beastmode moments the comparisons were to the other Swedish guy that played there just retired a few years ago.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Canucks need to be patient and hopefully Sedins and Kesler can overwhelm their 5 on 5 match up and get us a goal or two. It's got to be a smart, 60 minute effort though. OEL, Yandle and Robiero really move the puck beautifully on the PP. With their grinding forward depth and a great puck mover on the ice almost all the time any line can capitalize on bad play.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Ray Ferraro commenting upon the Province article titled - The Attempted Assassination of Henrik Sedin By The Coward Joffrey Lupul. As he says Lupul of all players should understand how dangerous such a play is.
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/1...-sedin/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn
Embarrassing headline + you'd think player w past concussions wouldve understanding of danger of that play

You would think a phone call from Shanaban might be in order...yet, the orca on the front and 33 on the back suggests otherwise.
---------------------------------

@patersonjeff8m
Booth taking part in full skills drill with Archibald, Dalpe, Welsh, Sestito ahead of full #Canucks practice

@ElliottPap38s
David Booth out for practice today with Nux. Wearing red jersey along with other fourth liners Sestito, Dalpe and Welsh

@ElliottPap2m
Nux d-pairings same: 23-5; 2-8; 18-8. Fourth pair is Alberts-Weber.

@ElliottPap5m
Top 3 Nux lines in practice today: twins-Kesler; Higg-Santo-Burr; Archibald-Rich-Kassian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad