Pre-Game Talk: Game 17 Thursday with the Bolts, are bags on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Not sure why they have a perfectly good centre playing a wing and a wing playing a centre

Omark-Gordon-Jones
Smyth-Arcobello-Gazdic

is what I would like to see

Because we would then have two offensively void lines instead of only one. Looks like we are going all out on offense tonight. Should be exciting.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
I expected it to get a little ugly against Florida, maybe I'm a sucker for watching the wheels fall off. Either way, I'm glad it didn't.

Tampa's top lines are likely to give Dubnyk a few nightmares, so
hopefully our forwards are awake tonight.

It would be nice if Arco kept going too, I really hope this guy isn't just a flash in the pan.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Is this something that is going to require surgery in the future?
Probably, but don't worry, he'll play at a subpar level long past the time when the season is a total write off. Is it too early to call that he'll miss training camp and be rushed back just a little too quickly next October?

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Thank god Hall is back. Now we're only Perron away from having our entire top 6. Assuming Gagner is still in

I love that you actually think there's a possibility we don't suffer another injury to the top 6 between now and the time Perron is ready to return.

@EdmontonJack
Ryan Smyth will play centre tonight, with Gazdic/Jones. Hall and Yakupov on wings with Gagner in middle. Still Hemsky-RNH-Eberle. Gordon centres Omark and Arcobello.

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Omark - Gordon - Arcobello
Gazdic - Smyth - Jones

Very bizarre lines, but who cares? Getting Hall back is huge for us, knee brace or not.

I am all for giving Omark an opportunity, but even I would've taken him out of the lineup when it was decided Hall would be back tonight

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
God no. No more Hall-RNH-Eberle, it just doesn't work.
I would roll with Hall-Gagner-Yakupov for a while, they looked really good towards the end of the season and it could be the jump start that Yak needs.
I really want to see Joensuu back as soon as possible so that they can run these lines.

Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Joensuu-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Gordon-Hemsky
Jones/Smyth-Arcobello-Gadzic

I absolutely LOVE those lines, you're spot on, assuming Jonessu doesn't Harti and lose his lustre. 3rd line is awesome, the weasel is the catalyst.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I absolutely LOVE those lines, you're spot on, assuming Jonessu doesn't Harti and lose his lustre. 3rd line is awesome, the weasel is the catalyst.

Yeah, that would be my favorite line too. I think that Perron-Gordon-Hemsky could go against the tough matchups which will allow the skill lines to create offense against weaker matchups. Lets hope that nobody gets hurt or "sick" before Perron and Joensuu comes back because I would really like to see what this team can do when healthy which they haven't been all year at forward.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
@EdmontonJack
Ryan Smyth will play centre tonight, with Gazdic/Jones. Hall and Yakupov on wings with Gagner in middle. Still Hemsky-RNH-Eberle. Gordon centres Omark and Arcobello.

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Gazdic - Smyth - Jones

Good. Smyth is the perfect 4th line C. Keep him out of the top 9. Love these lines. ARco and Omark can feed of Gordon's defence and hopefully get us some goald. The top 6 should be deadly. I mean this is the top 6 we have wanted to see all year.

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I hope when Jonesuu and Perron comes back that we can remain healthy. How many years of injury filled seasons have we had? That's frustrating.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
@EdmontonJack

Hemsky - RNH - Eberle
Hall - Gagner - Yakupov
Gazdic - Smyth - Jones

I'm guessing this is Smith or Buckys contribution:facepalm:

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Good. Smyth is the perfect 4th line C. Keep him out of the top 9. Love these lines. ARco and Omark can feed of Gordon's defence and hopefully get us some goald. The top 6 should be deadly. I mean this is the top 6 we have wanted to see all year.

Except Perron might be a little better than Hemsky. That being said, I agree. We just need keep pressing offensively tonight. If we do that, we have a shot tonight.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Except Perron might be a little better than Hemsky. That being said, I agree. We just need keep pressing offensively tonight. If we do that, we have a shot tonight.

Ya, Perron on the top line over Hemsky. Guess I am just saying it is close lol. getting close to what we have wanted to see.

Any news on Perron?

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
Yeah, that would be my favorite line too. I think that Perron-Gordon-Hemsky could go against the tough matchups which will allow the skill lines to create offense against weaker matchups. Lets hope that nobody gets hurt or "sick" before Perron and Joensuu comes back because I would really like to see what this team can do when healthy which they haven't been all year at forward.

Would create nightmare matchups, especially at home. Can't imagine an oppposing coach's decision making process on how to handle the other 2 top three lines.

EDMOilers1984

Oct 28, 2013

we're missing Perron in that Top 6. That is why we should be shipping hemsky out......The guy needs a change of scenary....I really liked him but he needs a change.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
7m
--> RT @Bob_Stauffer #Oilers projected lines:
Hemsky-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov
Omark-Gordon-Arcobello
Jones-Smyth-Gazdic

Get Perron back right away, I would go
Hall RNH Eberle
Perron Gagner Yakupov
Hemsky Gordon Arcobello
Jones Smyth Gazdic

Starting to look like a team IMO.

Boy, those top 3 projected lines are awfully soft though.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Probably, but don't worry, he'll play at a subpar level long past the time when the season is a total write off. Is it too early to call that he'll miss training camp and be rushed back just a little too quickly next October?

is there anybody who doesn't think that this is a very likely scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->