GDT: Game #17 - "Revenge of the Edler" - Canucks vs. Coyotes - 6PM, SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Canuck

Mar 19, 2013
the couch
I want 4 straight wins in regulation. These teams in front of us don't need any extra points. Nice to see a good, competitive division, but c'mon!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
One time my youth hockey team was doing a fund raiser at the Coyotes game against the Canucks (this was like 3 years ago).

Anyways, my dad and I were working a booth and we met some guys from Vancouver that were extremely nice. They bought a couple raffle tickets as well as slipped my dad a $20 so he could buy us some snacks and stuff. Incredibly nice people.

Cheers
cheers1.jpg

To a great game tonight from me as well!

:cheers:

Great GDT!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Time to start separating the wheat from the chaff in the division. Man i hope the canucks are part of the wheat.

Frewen

Sep 21, 2006
Reading, UK
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks 50m
Luongo was asked about Smith's goal and if he's ever thought about trying to hit the empty net: "Have you ever seen my shot?! Not really."

Damn there goes my bet on Lu to get the EN (2-0) tonight :(

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say I'm sorry if anyone's offended by my GDT on the Yotes board. It's just a tradition to make fun of the other team with our GDT and since I don't usually make them I kept it up since our regular GDT maker went MIA and didn't post one.

I am only not offended if we can use Stay Classy Torts as a playoff tease.

:sarcasm:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say I'm sorry if anyone's offended by my GDT on the Yotes board. It's just a tradition to make fun of the other team with our GDT and since I don't usually make them I kept it up since our regular GDT maker went MIA and didn't post one.

You would think by this point Canuck fans would have thicker skin. We're probably the most reviled franchise aside from the Leafs. Toughen up Vancouver!

Take your best shots, most of us actually have a sense of humour.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver

He moved to Winnipeg?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto

We have a tradition too. Expect me to go full Narduwar the next time I do a Coyotes game. I'm gonna incorporate some kind of Phoenix/Arizona/Southwest institution into my GDT that you'd never expect any outsiders to know about.

"Wow, Zombotron knows about that?!"

;D

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
How do you do that?

Divisional games. Canucks next 5 games are divisional. A 4-1 record for instance will open up breathing room on some teams and go a long ways to putting the canucks into a divisional playoff position instead of the wild card. Opening up a 2 or 3 game lead is pretty big even with 60 games left. It's why you see those stats of teams on the outside looking in end of October most often stay there. Yes they are likely the lesser teams but in todays NHL it really is difficult to win 3 or 4 more games over 60 games than a few other teams can manage. 35-25 record turns into a 39-21...a 0.580 win %age (95 point pace) versus a much more difficult 0.650 win %age (107 point pace). Obviously I'm ignoring 3 point games for sake of argument.

It will also be a good measuring stick to see where they are right now given the sharks are 2 of those 5 games.

Last edited:

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Divisional games. Canucks next 5 games are divisional. A 4-1 record for instance will open up breathing room on some teams and go a long ways to putting the canucks into a divisional playoff position instead of the wild card.

It will also be a good measuring stick to see where they are right now.

I thought he was looking for farming tips. :sarcasm:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I see the Nucks have another trip down there in January, on my wife's birthday. Maybe I'll sell her on a trip down there for a break from the -30 weather :)

Checking out Westgate right now, looks cool. Not going to lie, I always pictured the Coyotes arena as being literally in the middle of the desert with nothing around it :laugh:

I've officially inceptioned myself. I'm in full on trip planning mode now.

Fairweather

Apr 28, 2009
Vancouver
I think I heard they are a combined 20-3-2 home record.

So a .500 / 4 points, IMO, would be an okay road trip.

Even if they weren't so strong as home, all of them are extremely good teams. Our division is simply too strong.

Hitting .500 would be great and I'd be feeling really good about the team if we pull out anything better.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002

Hey, no problem! BTW, I think I saw you on tv... I watched the ownership saga council meeting streamed live, when all of the Coyote fans, from miles and miles, filled that small room... Congrats :handclap:

Do you ever look at the Coyotes, and feel like James staring at a Giant Peach? Alone, Coyote fans can fill buckets... But together... you can drain... r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ bathtubs...

:p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad