GDT: Game #17 - "Revenge of the Edler" - Canucks vs. Coyotes - 6PM, SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
One of these days I have to get down to Phoenix and catch a game.

Yotes are a good team, will be a difficult task to get a W.
HIGHLY recommend it, ours is one of the best buildings in the league, it's got a decent 4 square block development (Westgate) around it and - here's the kicker - many of us will be wearing shorts and flip flops tonight. Same as every night. :laugh: I'm making the Coyotes road trip next month (Tue EDM, Wed CAL, Fri VAN + Giants / Royals on Sat) and can't wait to see the town, drink some Kokanees and freeze my face off.

Should be a good one tonight, first time to see VAN in person. The slow, dangly goodness of Sedin + Sedin + Ribeiro could produce some exciting scoring chances.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I love watching great defensemen play. OEL and Yandle play a beautiful game in that Phoenix system. It's hard to find a gap in the Coyote's armor. Hopefully our top line can overwhelm their match up and produce something while our other lines hold their own. I don't like the idea of the Canucks 4th line matching up against any of their lines.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
HIGHLY recommend it, ours is one of the best buildings in the league, it's got a decent 4 square block development (Westgate) around it and - here's the kicker - many of us will be wearing shorts and flip flops tonight. Same as every night. :laugh: I'm making the Coyotes road trip next month (Tue EDM, Wed CAL, Fri VAN + Giants / Royals on Sat) and can't wait to see the town, drink some Kokanees and freeze my face off.

Should be a good one tonight, first time to see VAN in person. The slow, dangly goodness of Sedin + Sedin + Ribeiro could produce some exciting scoring chances.

I see the Nucks have another trip down there in January, on my wife's birthday. Maybe I'll sell her on a trip down there for a break from the -30 weather :)

Checking out Westgate right now, looks cool. Not going to lie, I always pictured the Coyotes arena as being literally in the middle of the desert with nothing around it :laugh:

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Lots of respect for this opponent. Very impressed with the start they have had. Should be an excellent test to start the road trip.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

YouCantYandleThis*

That's awesome man! Let us know when you come into town, I'm sure you can find a few good suggestions for bars/restaurants in town.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Is he a rough around the edges, take no prisoners NYPD detective who keeps thwarting your plans but never quite catches you?

Maybe. In this picture Kassian tried to help him with his sinuses:

1297470662643_ORIGINAL.jpg

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say I'm sorry if anyone's offended by my GDT on the Yotes board. It's just a tradition to make fun of the other team with our GDT and since I don't usually make them I kept it up since our regular GDT maker went MIA and didn't post one.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say I'm sorry if anyone's offended by my GDT on the Yotes board. It's just a tradition to make fun of the other team with our GDT and since I don't usually make them I kept it up since our regular GDT maker went MIA and didn't post one.

No worries. I didn't realize that it was a tradition.
Anyways, the diving reference is kind of ironic given that the Yotes have Smith in net. Best of luck except tonight of course! :)

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary

Oh noes............a rival team hating on their opponent. Whowouldathunkit??? :sarcasm:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver

MY FEELINGS ARE SO TOTALLY HURT.

:sarcasm:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
As far as the Mike Smith diving comments...hey, lets call a spade a spade...

Indeed. I don't think you'll find a canuck fan that doesn't realize they have in the past had guys take dives and still do to some extent. Though it is MUCH better than it used to be. Still the stigma exists such that people actually believe a canuck player will throw himself head/neck first into the boards to get a call in a 4-0 game they've dominated from start to finish.

I think what tends to be most humourous to canuck fans is the belief amongst some fan bases that they don't have divers. Every team has divers. Smith is one of those guys for the Coyotes (don't get me wrong Luongo has done plenty of embellishing in his career as well), Brown is the biggest Kings culprit, the Oilers have a new king of dive in Perron etc etc etc

Should be a good game. An important game for both clubs.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Forget Sedin points, you know what else we haven't seen in awhile? A great streak for Luongo. I'm not even going to say the word but you guys know what I mean. Let's see if he can get a real good streak going here.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

It's cool. We can just make a Phoenix Suns GDT to show off them in all of their "glory".

Riggin for Wiggins.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

So polite, you sure you're not Canadian? :P

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
One time my youth hockey team was doing a fund raiser at the Coyotes game against the Canucks (this was like 3 years ago).

Anyways, my dad and I were working a booth and we met some guys from Vancouver that were extremely nice. They bought a couple raffle tickets as well as slipped my dad a $20 so he could buy us some snacks and stuff. Incredibly nice people.

Cheers
cheers1.jpg

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
One time my youth hockey team was doing a fund raiser at the Coyotes game against the Canucks (this was like 3 years ago).

Anyways, my dad and I were working a booth and we met some guys from Vancouver that were extremely nice. They bought a couple raffle tickets as well as slipped my dad a $20 so he could buy us some snacks and stuff. Incredibly nice people.

Cheers
cheers1.jpg

No no no no no we're all classless people that burn down our city.

Please try to keep up with the narrative.

GL to you too. Can't really hate on Yotes fans or the team, I respect your dedication to keeping them put.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver

I just saw your GDT. I demand you fight me!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad