Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Toffoli and Vey are playing great. Lombardi has some decisions to make.

As in who to waive or trade to make a permanent spot for them?

There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay. Vey I think was a bit tentative on Thursday but was much much better tonight. I just think about the goal he set-up to Nolan, if that is the guy he replaced it's either...

A) A slap shot high and wide
B) A puck dumped in behind the goal

It's just so nice and refreshing to see a player in the bottom six that is offensively creative and can make his linemates better. The guy he replaced is not only awful himself, but drags down whoever he plays with.

The big question will be when Carter comes back and when Stoll is healthy, will DS spread the scoring around and let Carter center his own line with say Frattin and someone and keep 74-10-73 together. Or is he going to get Carter and Stoll back and put them right back in their original spots and then put Toffoli on the 4th line or next to the black hole on 3rd line rw.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played).

Our next 6 are all against east teams. We just need to take advantage of them.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Where's that joker who was saying in the early parts of the season that the Kings should trade Mike Richards soon before all they can get for him is a 3rd round pick? He's been the most competitive and complete forward on the Kings. Even without Carter, he's lethal.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
It's just that you seem to be obsessing over Richards more than Sutter over Muzzin. :laugh:

Oh like you need to be a girl to do that :laugh:
tumblr_m5135tzdPe1qartaso1_250.gif

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
I'm at a geeky anime convention, so I couldn't see the game. But it warms my heart that we won so decicively.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
While I agree that TT should stay, I can see TT going back down until someone gets moved. That shouldn't come as a surprise.

There is no need to send him back with Elerby being claimed there is a roster spot for him. Right now Vey is the one that is on the outside looking in until someone can get moved.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
While I agree that TT should stay, I can see TT going back down until someone gets moved. That shouldn't come as a surprise.

No way, not with the way points are at a premium, not with the way Anaheim and SJ are playing. The Kings can't afford to ice the type of lineup they had the first 10-12 games.

When everyone returns then it's time for DL and DS to have a meeting and decide which one of their beloved bottom six grinders is sent packing.

I hated the trade for him, but honestly, Carcillo has looked pretty good and versatile for the Kings. Nolan is playing at a really high level and provides everything you would want from a 4th line winger. Fraser is fine as a 13th forward type. Once again, it's Stoll and Clifford who stick out with their poor play

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
There is no need to send him back with Elerby being claimed there is a roster spot for him. Right now Vey is the one that is on the outside looking in until someone can get moved.

You're correct. Totally forgot about Ellerby.

Heck, who knows, maybe Fraser gets traded and Vey remains a king as well. And we all know we'll have a lot of fun with Vey and his name.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Wow. All I'm trying to day is that Richards is a real leader on this team. There's no reason to act like such a ***** about it.

We have a real leader, and his name is Dustin Brown. Besides, someone with character like Richards isn't going to take the C from Brownie as it would be disruptive to the team not beneficial.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Impressive outing by the Kings, and nice to see all 4 lines pressing hard and keeping the pressure on. That made a big difference. From the physical push on every shift, the great work on the boards and the kids stepping up big time, just a treat to watch.

MOst impressive things for me was the Kings getting 5 ES goals. That's huge. They need to score more ES goals during their games.

Nice work by Richards tonight, really working hard on helping the team get a critical 2 points . And great work by him in the circle going 71% on faceoffs. I noticed during the game he was strong there and that helps control the play. And what a clutch goal...Torts and Henrik post game both said that goal coming so fast after they closed the gap was a killer. He's got a 3 game goal streak and 4 games with a point streak.

I guess with Clifford being injured (bell rung says Sutter which sounds like it might be a concussion) Vey will stay for a bit more. I really wish he could stay but when Stoll and Carter and Greene all come back ,somebody has to go back, they'll have too many .

TT continues to be impressive. He does all the big and small things that elite players do. Like on the first goal, that slowing up at the bluie line to avoid an off side , good vision And on the 2-1 , his second goal, holding onto that puck and timing it so he could dish to Richie and have room to catch the pass back. He's just a joy to watch. He seems to be building some nice chemistry with Richrds; they are getting more comfortable out there with every shift. Hopefully, they keep working their magic and finding the back of the twine on the East Coast road swing

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Richards is unbelievable. I wouldn't trade this guy for any player in the league. I really mean that. He is absolute guts and smarts.

Anyone got stats on Vey's performance in the dot thus far? Kid could turn into a real player.

KingKopitar11*

You're correct. Totally forgot about Ellerby.

Heck, who knows, maybe Fraser gets traded and Vey remains a king as well. And we all know we'll have a lot of fun with Vey and his name.

I wont be surprised if Fraser is gone tomorrow to another universe. Fraser had absolutely nothing to give to this team.

Call up Pearson too. The kings are just great with these prospects. Gotta keep Toffoli up.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
We have a real leader, and his name is Dustin Brown. Besides, someone with character like Richards isn't going to take the C from Brownie. Only those without character would suggest such a stupid idea.

There!

I actually like Brown, I'm not trying to put him down at all. I just think Richards is the epitome of a leader and I'm celebrating that fact with a slightly hyperbolic statement.

KingKopitar11*

I want to thank the ducks fan for making the thread about our centers not having any goals when they had no goals, now they are on a tear.

Also at the game there was a Canucks family that left after the second period. Talk about no support.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
38.5% right now. 5/13.

I don't know how he did tonight stat-wise, but apparently someone had a talk with him about it after Buffalo. At the Buffalo game, he'd skate into the circle & put his stick down 1st. Tonight he waited until the 'Nuck player put their stick down. He needs to remember to take advantage of that when he's on the home team.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I actually like Brown, I'm not trying to put him down at all. I just think Richards is the epitome of a leader and I'm celebrating that fact with a slightly hyperbolic statement.

I understand that you're not trying to put Brown down, but what you're suggesting would disrupt the team chemistry more than it would help it.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I wont be surprised if Fraser is gone tomorrow to another universe. Fraser had absolutely nothing to give to this team.

Call up Pearson too. The kings are just great with these prospects. Gotta keep Toffoli up.

If we called up Pearson, I would love for the lines to be:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Pearson-Richards-Toffoli
King-Vey-Nolan

Richards always works well with the rookies and Vey already has good chemistry with Nolan. King would add to that since he plays well with Nolan too. But Sutter will probably put Pearson on the 4th line if he is called up :/

Plus, If Carter or Stoll is coming back soon, they may not call up anyone and work with what they have.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Awesome awesome game

As in who to waive or trade to make a permanent spot for them?

There is no way TT is going back to Manchester, he is here to stay. Vey I think was a bit tentative on Thursday but was much much better tonight. I just think about the goal he set-up to Nolan, if that is the guy he replaced it's either...

A) A slap shot high and wide
B) A puck dumped in behind the goal

It's just so nice and refreshing to see a player in the bottom six that is offensively creative and can make his linemates better. The guy he replaced is not only awful himself, but drags down whoever he plays with.

The big question will be when Carter comes back and when Stoll is healthy, will DS spread the scoring around and let Carter center his own line with say Frattin and someone and keep 74-10-73 together. Or is he going to get Carter and Stoll back and put them right back in their original spots and then put Toffoli on the 4th line or next to the black hole on 3rd line rw.

Ye i'm hoping we will run with a 3 scoring lines look.

Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Toffoli
Carter-Frattin
Vey

Fill in the rest of the players wherever

Still unreal how long it took us to play Toffoli this year. And also, FreedMartinez, win games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad