Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Anyone just catch Doughty's favorite Sutter quote right now on FSN? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh god he just quoted Stevens. I'm dying here.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'll never forget what Babcock said about Doughty during the Olympics.

Babcock "He’s just better and smarter than everybody else,†Babcock said. “He’s just been touched by God and he’s been given a gift and he seems to like hockey."

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
That past from Richards to Toffoli on his second goal was freakin amazing! Again and again and again I want to thank Philadelphia for Mike Richards!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Pheonix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played).

They've all piled up points vs the east and have benefited by playing many of the teams right after us.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Good game, fellas. That's one of those games where I turn the tv off early and sleep much better at night. :laugh:

I only expect to win 50% of the time playing against you, SJ, etc, so I can't say I'm surprised. Looking forward to a rematch and hopefully we put up more of a fight!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Good game, fellas. That's one of those games where I turn the tv off early and sleep much better at night. :laugh:

I only expect to win 50% of the time playing against you, SJ, etc, so I can't say I'm surprised. Looking forward to a rematch and hopefully we put up more of a fight!

Good game. Better luck against the dux tomorrow!!!

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
No. What was it?

That when the Kings played the Senators he kept telling Doughty how they have a great defenseman and how dangerous he is. He went totally overboard and kept emphasizing it. "This guy is pretty dangerous Drew."

The Stevens quote happened in a player meeting when he told Doughty to be so close to a certain player that he "would know what gum he was chewing." Him and Scuds bust out laughing and couldn't stop.

:laugh:

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
That when the Kings played the Senators he kept telling Doughty how they have a great defenseman and how dangerous he is. He went totally overboard and kept emphasizing it. "This guy is pretty dangerous Drew."

The Stevens quote happened in a player meeting when he told Doughty to be so close to a certain player that he "would know what gum he was chewing." Him and Scuds bust out laughing and couldn't stop.

:laugh:

That's awesome!!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played).

That's why standings this early in the year are worth...not a lot. The best teams over the years lose 30 games one way or another. If the month has two digits in it, the standings really aren't worth it. As long as you don't put yourself way behind the 8-ball during that time.

But yeah, Phoenix, Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, St.Louis, maybe Chicago. Nice little conference of hate for the Kings. It's good.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kings physically took it to the Canucks tonight. You hit them hard and often you take them off their game.

Kings record within the division pretty good, I think losses only to Calgary and Phoenix
Beating the Canucks, Yotes and Sharks, is a good start.

Actually Vancouver's first line should be pretty well rested for the Ducks on Sunday.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Great WIN!!!! I don't really hate the Canuk's too much... I mean lose in 5 to the Kings... then in 4 to the Sharks the next year... lol... Miss your old division yet?

Or Nic Delaurier, as he may be better suited for the 3LW, but I'm hoping for Tanner.

Delaurier has to clear waivers next year if he doesn't make the big club? Pretty sure that's right, but not 100%.... Still 6'1" and 230lbs is a built kid. Not sure where he is development wise. The size could help match up against the Sharks (when Burns comes back).

I'm just going to come out and say it... If Toffoli keeps playing this way should we trade Carter?
Forgot he has a no trade... damn.....
(joke)

Good game by Vey. I am dieing laughing when he's covering the crease in the D zone and someone passes him the puck... he launches that thing back to the boards so fast... The panic is hilarious. I'm sure he'll calm down and get more comfortable given some more time.

When Carter comes back adding a Pearson/Carter/Frattin line to split time with the top 2 sound like it could work?

King with 2 assists? Dominated by KING! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Great WIN!!!! I don't really hate the Canuk's too much... I mean lose in 5 to the Kings... then in 4 to the Sharks the next year... lol... Miss your old division yet?

Delaurier has to clear waivers next year if he doesn't make the big club? Pretty sure that's right, but not 100%.... Still 6'1" and 230lbs is a built kid. Not sure where he is development wise. The size could help match up against the Sharks (when Burns comes back).

I'm just going to come out and say it... If Toffoli keeps playing this way should we trade Carter?
Forgot he has a no trade... damn.....
(joke)

Good game by Vey. I am dieing laughing when he's covering the crease in the D zone and someone passes him the puck... he launches that thing back to the boards so fast... The panic is hilarious. I'm sure he'll calm down and get more comfortable given some more time.

When Carter comes back adding a Pearson/Carter/Frattin line to split time with the top 2 sound like it could work?

ND weighs 210 lbs, not 230 lbs. Not quite sure why all the hockey sites have him at 230 lbs. ND actually said that himself in an interview during camp if you're wondering.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Apparently Sutter does know how to coach. Imagine that.

But don't you see? The fact of the matter is he's just not a very good coach. Don't you see?

My favourite posts after games like these come from folks on the losing side who seem to think its in the rules that the officials owe each team a mandatory amount of powerplay time, and get in a snit when their fantasy is shattered.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
DL should try to trade Frattin while he still has value, he's just isn't looking like a better option for the team over the kids in Manchester. If we trade him do we still get to keep the salary space we got from Toronto?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad