Game #17: Kings vs. Canucks - 11/9/13 - Regulation Win! 5-1 Victory!

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I think the leadership dynamic is perfect as-is. Richards is a major influence on the team regardless if he is wearing the letter or not, and I am sure that is just how he likes it. It is not like he is afraid to go up and speak to the refs regardless if he is wearing a letter or not and the refs know who they are talking to.

Your captain doesn't have to be a superstar or even a 1st line player, just someone who has the respect of the room, and Brown has that in spades, no need to think about changing the letters.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Just an incredible game by the boys. Richards is just amazing, the Kings best player right now, period. Toffoli is a flat out stud, and has earned his place on the big club. Doughty, Quick, Vey, King, and Regehr all with very good games.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
LA Kings ‏@LAKings 26m
and this one is over! A standing o-Vey-tion from the crowd. #LAKings with a dominant 5-1 victory over the Canucks.

LA Kings ‏@LAKings 22m
Watch all the highlights from tonight's glorious Vey-ctory

Kings Website: Best Vey Ever

So. Many. Puns D:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
941289_10152156122319239_704691103_n.jpg

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Doughty on HNIC, credited Nolan for his fight and standing up for Martinez right off the bat. I really like how he always gives props to his fighters. He's mentioned a few times that the fights really jazz him up.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone noticed that all the teams ahead of us in the standings have played against Eastern Conferences more than us? We've only played 6 eastern teams while San Jose at 7, Colorado, Chicago, Minnesota and Phoenix at 8 and Ducks and Vancouver at a whopping 11 times (more than half their games played).

Last edited:

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
http://firstrowus1.eu/watch/220204/3/watch-los-angeles-kings-vs-vancouver-canucks.html

This is great stuff :P

Loves his fighters.

Hasn't met Gretzky since pissing next to him during the Olympics :laugh:

Called Sutter a bit of a dick :laugh: (But said he criticizes you in the right way)

Told Scuderi to get lost as he was trying to calm him down when going berserk during the Coyotes game in the 2012 cup run.

Talks about how a 5 minute meeting in Lombardi's office can go over an hour and him trying to get out of it after a while :P

Great stuff.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I kind of like the hate that the Kings are getting from the Canucks fans. Feels like a rivalry is brewing a little bit, and they are finally reciprocating what Kings players and fans have had toward the Canucks for years and years now :P I remember a couple years ago, every single Canuck fan liked to remind Kings fans that they didn't even think about them. Now that the division have been shook up, things should get even more interesting between the two teams.

Accidently went onto their PGT and man they seriously hate us with a passion! Most satisfying win all year! Best game by far and especially against the Casucks! :yo:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Sounds like Clifford might have a Concussion, that will be his 3rd ?

Come on down Tanner Pearson.

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Interesting. Doughty says that he can play left defense. Babcock asked him to in Vancouver to play against Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad