GDT: Game 17 - CBJ at COL - 9 Nov, 9pm

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bemstrom has been very limited on powerplay all year . I have no clue why u keep repeating this . A few games ago he was put back on , because the powerplay was BRUTAL, and rightfully so with Foligno , Anderson , Boone , manning the powerplay. At that point he was moved to the center spot of the 1-3-1 for some unknown reason , 2 games ago he was moved to left wing of 1-3 -1 and has scored in both games .

If you think player development isn’t the job of the staff in today’s NhL , your are badly mistaken . The league is as young as it’s ever been . But no, I should have no opinion on a message board , because after all Torts has all the answers
I said they shouldn't be developing players at this level and I stand by it. They are obviously still coaching them, but if you are bring a guy in that still needs to take steps in development, he needs to be in the AHL. Torts and other coaches have enough pressure on them to win. If he goes into a press conference and says, yeah we lost, but I was trying to let, (insert name here), work throught his mistakes and learn how to be better at this level, people would be yelling that we need to fire Torts because we need a coach focused on winning now. Oh wait, they are already doing it. If Bemstrom needs more playing time to get better, he should be sent down, or overseas, or wherever he would go. He was picked for the team because they thought he could play at this level and they would need to coach him a little bit, not develop him. Yeah players are younger now, but that is because of the system in place with juniors and all the other lower developmental leagues. If they aren't doing the job at the top level, then either move on or send them back down. Frankly, developing the wingers is not even the main problem right now. If the top players on Columbus would find their game, then the play of the younger guys wouldn't be amplified so much.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So then this goes back to showing up his teammates if it is truly what you say. I’m sure that makes them want to play well for him.
Or maybe he just hates to lose , which based on the same robot answers many of the players give after a loss , time and time again , is refreshing . Honestly his team has been a disaster in front of him . That Colorado game could have easily been 7-2 . And with the defenseman we have , there is absolutely no excuse for some of the breakdowns this year.

Reactions: thebus88

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Or maybe he just hates to lose , which based on the same robot answers many of the players give after a loss , time and time again , is refreshing . Honestly his team has been a disaster in front of him . That Colorado game could have easily been 7-2 . And with the defenseman we have , there is absolutely no excuse for some of the breakdowns this year.
It can't be both. If he is upset because he is playing well and there are defensive breakdowns in the team in front of him that means he's pissed at his teammates. It might not be intentional but it is what it is.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Have to laugh that we’re even discussing Korpisalo, better yet referencing the last goal against as korpisofty . Makes you question if some here even understand hockey , but whatever . Korpi kept that game from being a 7-2 game . Almost every goal he’s gave up lately has been brutal defensive coverage.

I've been pretty absent, but for the most part you are just describing the last few seasons. Korp has not shown to be a difference maker, Bob was. As I said for a few seasons, Bob covered up a lot of mistakes.

We had a lot of people around here stating we had one of the better defensive units in the NHL. I cringed every time.

I can't really speak to what we're doing on the ice. I'll be honest, I haven't been all that interested in watching us. However, the team will need to adjust to have having Bob back there. This includes the coaching staff. We have to play a different game, how we played the last 3 seasons isn't really going to cut it now. Even if we do that, I don't really think this team is going to run off double digit winning streaks like we did in the past. I tend to think this will aide us in the future, but it's probably going to be a painful period for the team and the fans. I think that no longer having Bob as a crutch will force the team to play a better overall game.

I figured we would struggle, however our team has been known to show a lot of character so I wasn't prepared to make any predictions. We could turn this around quite quickly, but I tend to think this is going to be a struggle this season.

Reactions: Monstershockey

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It can't be both. If he is upset because he is playing well and there are defensive breakdowns in the team in front of him that means he's pissed at his teammates. It might not be intentional but it is what it is.

Or maybe, both of you guys are overthinking things and he's just mad in general that BOTH HE AND THE TEAM got scored on and/or lost the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad