GDT: Game 17 - CBJ at COL - 9 Nov, 9pm

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I went back and watched this again three times....after video review (as the saying goes), I'm convinced Korpi has to make that save.
It's wasn't deflection it was a bouncing puck right from the release, it just rolled over him, yes. Like he saw Kadri shooting and closed his eyes to make a save.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I went back and watched this again three times....after video review (as the saying goes), I'm convinced Korpi has to make that save.

Korpi isnt the future of this team. Rather some necessary evil of this season.

In general this isnt the season to have any hopes to make it far, yet the one hope I have is that the 2nd half of the season wont be that bad. That theres light ahead here.

And kopri wont be staying. He has never been the main goalie material.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Korpi isnt the future of this team. Rather some necessary evil of this season.

In general this isnt the season to have any hopes to make it far, but the one hope I have is that the 2nd half of the season wont be that bad. That theres light ahead here.

Typical CBJ fashion. Give us false hope for a better year next year and a worse draft pick.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Typical CBJ fashion. Give us false hope for a better year next year and a worse draft pick.

Hoping to find the bottom and to start trending up is only natural. I didnt say anything negative at all, especially considering the reality of today.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Hoping to find the bottom and to start trending up is only natural. I didnt say anything negative at all, especially considering the reality of today.
I didn’t say it was negative. It’s just the truth,

The sad reality is the Penguins are the Penguins because they got top 3 picks 3 years in a row. The blackhawks are who they are because they got Kane a Toews in back to back years. The Capitals got Ovi and Backstrom in a 3 year span

The CBJ always seem to draft outside the top 5 even they’ve generally been terrible for most of their existence.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Boy does he even have the temperament to be an NHL net minder?

Ever hear of Billy Smith or Ron Hextall or Patrick Roy? Being a flatliner personality isn't a requirement for being a successful NHL goalie.

I'm more concerned about his talent than his temperament.

Reactions: EspenK

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I didn’t say it was negative. It’s just the truth,

The sad reality is the Penguins are the Penguins because they got top 3 picks 3 years in a row. The blackhawks are who they are because they got Kane a Toews in back to back years. The Capitals got Ovi and Backstrom in a 3 year span

The CBJ always seem to draft outside the top 5 even they’ve generally been terrible for most of their existence.

..and then those 4 free agents solidify the idea that living and playing in Cbus is one big meh.. :/

Im sure the Pens will squeeze out another 71 or/and 87 from the talent pool simply because they are such a marketable team.
:/

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Personality and composure are 2 different things.

I guess you never saw those guys. All HHOFers. What Korpisalo did wasn't even a loss of "composure" for those guys.

Some people can vent and go nuts for a minute and then regain their concentration. In fact, if they don't vent, they can't get their concentration levels to where they need to be.

Reactions: thebus88 and Dumais

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Nyquist tipped on in vs. Arizona and this shows zero tipped for the CBJ.
No credit for that. Wrist shot, hehe.
2bd9f035a8e438ae6.jpg

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Ever hear of Billy Smith or Ron Hextall or Patrick Roy? Being a flatliner personality isn't a requirement for being a successful NHL goalie.

True. Those guys, though, could turn their anger into a positive and play better. Korpi, most of the time gets worse. If he could funnel that anger into focusing better it would be different.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods

Yeah, I go back farther than them too! I've seen all those guys mentally take themselves out if their grooves.
I remember a Sports Illustrated article in the early 70's about Tony Esposito titled..." The Pressure is Unreal".
It was about exactly what we're talking about. "Yep, I sure blew that one! Ah well, I gotta get the next one". Get irate later on. Focus now.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I guess you never saw those guys. All HHOFers. What Korpisalo did wasn't even a loss of "composure" for those guys.

Some people can vent and go nuts for a minute and then regain their concentration. In fact, if they don't vent, they can't get their concentration levels to where they need to be.

maybe Korpi can go into the stands next game and fight some fans too? Maybe break a chair over someone’s head? That’s what this team needs , some good old fashioned 1970s “personality”!

I guess Torts and his teammates were all wrong when they told him it can’t ever happen again and it’s an embarrassing reaction.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I only watched part of the game, but what struck me was we sucked at getting the puck out of our own end. Which is all about effort and focus.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
..and then those 4 free agents solidify the idea that living and playing in Cbus is one big meh.. :/

Im sure the Pens will squeeze out another 71 or/and 87 from the talent pool simply because they are such a marketable team.
:/
Winning makes you marketable, something we haven’t ever done. You need to win more than 1 series every 20 years to get big names to play for you.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I don’t know why everybody’s complaining about John Tortorella here. HE DID YANK KORPISALO AFTER THE STICK-SLAMMING INCIDENT. (It was only for a minute or two, and we were playing with an extra skater BUT STILL...)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
maybe Korpi can go into the stands next game and fight some fans too? Maybe break a chair over someone’s head? That’s what this team needs , some good old fashioned 1970s “personality”!

I guess Torts and his teammates were all wrong when they told him it can’t ever happen again and it’s an embarrassing reaction.

Tuukka Rask very recently smashed a stick multiple times and broke it after a goal allowed. He's a regular at goalie stick abuse.

I guess you'd like everyone to be completely detached and reserved when they are getting their a$$eS handed to them. Which most of these CBJ are. About the only players with any outward passion on this roster are Foligno, PLD, Atkinson, Korpisalo and Dubinksy. Perhaps I should include Jenner and Elvis in this list. Jones, Werenski, Wennberg and most of the rest are complete flatliners. They probably get more upset when their play stations and cell phones have technical glitches than they do at being paid million$ for their dog manure performances.

And, yes. It would be cool as hell to see some in-the-stands action.:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad