GDT: Game 17 - CBJ at COL - 9 Nov, 9pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Another late one against a team we've been pretty good against lately, although this one isn't on a school night (and is against our opponent in Finland next year). Will we finally be getting into the habit of winning games?

Projected lineup, per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Boone Jenner - Josh Anderson
Sonny Milano - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Emil Bemstrom - Riley Nash - Alexandre Texier

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Dean Kukan

Joonas Korpisalo
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Kole Sherwood, Adam Clendening, Markus Nutivaara (injury)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets did not practice Friday so it remains to be seen if any changes to the lineup are forthcoming. Defenseman Ryan Murray, who is on injured reserve with a broken hand, traveled west with the team but is yet to join for a full team skate.

As it's something like 6am over there, the Avs preview article is unsurprisingly not yet up. It's worth noting, though, that most of their top line has been injured and the rest left partway through the last game.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Avalanche's last game (TRIGGER WARNING if, like me, you're also a Preds fan):

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Can the Avs score more than six goals in an eight minute span? Tune in to find out. Kiv gets his first NHL action tonight, probably the third period when the Avs are up 8-1 (I have MacKinnion and Gru on my fantasy teams so that score would work)

Alright, Korpi, I got the reverse jinx in full effect, go get them!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Can the Avs score more than six goals in an eight minute span? Tune in to find out. Kiv gets his first NHL action tonight, probably the third period when the Avs are up 8-1 (I have MacKinnion and Gru on my fantasy teams so that score would work)

If you come out and say it’s a reverse jinx does it still work?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Riley Nash is +1 on the season, leading the team. 4 guys are 0, and everyone else is negative.

Insert +/- caveats here.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
giphy.gif

Sadden the Avs!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Gru is injured and very likely will not play and while MacKinnon is set to play, he missed atleast part of the morning skate due to an injury he picked up last game. Safe to say he won't be at 100%. We are also without Landeskog, Rantanen and Zadorov. So maybe change up your fantasy team a bit?

I bet some money on you guys given the odds did not seem to factor in all of our injuries. Aside from that explosion last game against the Preds, the Avs haven't looked good at all with all these injuries.
Should be winnable for you guys. I am fine either way (either my team wins or I win a bit of money) but if Torts and the guys can't win against an injury ravaged group like the Avs tonight, getting back into the playoff race will be difficult for you guys I guess.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
While I don’t think Riley Nash is anything special, not sure he deserves to be pulled from the lineup either. Especially for Sherwood

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
While I don’t think Riley Nash is anything special, not sure he deserves to be pulled from the lineup either. Especially for Sherwood
Who would you rather have in lineup , Nash or Wennberg ? Looks like Wennberg at this point so not much of a choice. Personally I would play Sherwood over both of them , but we need a 4th C

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Who would you rather have in lineup , Nash or Wennberg ? Looks like Wennberg at this point so not much of a choice. Personally I would play Sherwood over both of them , but we need a 4th C

Wennberg and it’s not close.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
TJ Tynan, former Monster who got a couple games with the Jackets, will be playing for the Avs.
Tynan always played full tilt and never took a shift off. Solid playmaker, and could really hit well for a smaller guy. Excellent assist guy. Would love to see him stick in the NHL as a 4th line guy.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
if the jackets are as active tonight as this GDT, shots at the end of the first will be 18-2 in favor of the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->