An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Stars:
1. Ghost
2. Raymond
3. Veleno.

Scapegoat: Reimer.

Final thoughts? Man, our team defense really sucks. Stop letting teams take huge leads we have to dig ourselves out of, and games like this wouldn't need OT.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Looks like the Wings brought 2022 Chiarot with them to Sweden. Ugh, add that to an already awful Petry.

Gotta stop coughing up points in OT, playoff teams win OT games to get that extra point.

Juha

Feb 18, 2014
Finland
Stars:
  1. Ghost.
  2. Raymond
  3. Cat, I guess

Spacegoat: Lalonde. I'm starting to really doubt him. How come wings play so bad every time in the first period? They always dig a huge hole in the first period that they then have to climb out of. Some of that has to be on the coach. Like they are not prepared at all. No structure. I don't know. Very odd. This isn't going to work in the long term.

But at least it was a very fun game and I think the crowd got their moneys worth in Sweden, for sure.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
1 - Ghost

Spacegoat 1 - Team late start again. We don't seem to start actually playing until the second period in so many games this season, especially the last 8-9 games.

Spacegoat 2 - Myself, I guess! I watched until 3-0, and then slowly skipped ahead til I saw 4-0. I skipped way ahead after that until the late 2nd and it was now 4-4. So apparently the team plays well when I don't watch and does not much of anything when I do, as I watched most of the 3rd and we didn't do much.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Stars:
  1. Ghost.
  2. Raymond
  3. Cat, I guess

Spacegoat: Lalonde. I'm starting to really doubt him. How come wings play so bad every time in the first period? They always dig a huge hole in the first period that they then have to climb out of. Some of that has to be on the coach. Like they are not prepared at all. No structure. I don't know. Very odd. This isn't going to work in the long term.

But at least it was a very fun game and I think the crowd got their moneys worth in Sweden, for sure.

My main gripe with Lalonde is he never uses his blender within games when things are clearly not working.

Blashill brought all 11 blenders he owned and used them ad nausea m and with reckless abandon during his 7 years.

Lalonde apparently doesn't own even a single blender.

We need a coach down the middle, who blends when needed and isn't too into one or the other.

The other gripe is that he loves Chiarot so much, and keeps dressing Petry when he has been the runaway winner for bad play and penalties (all 5 have been dumb) this season on the blueline. Petry is also about as slow as it gets, and he is near interference penaltying other players just to slow them down, and getting away with it somehow.

1. Ghost
2. Ray
3. Sprong

Goat: Chiarot. Catapult him back home and make sure he lands nowhere near Detroit.

You should fly to Sweden, steal his passport and at least delay his return to Detroit, at least then we get a break.

• Haha
Reactions: Juha

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1 - Ghost

Spacegoat 1 - Team late start again. We don't seem to start actually playing until the second period in so many games this season, especially the last 8-9 games.

Spacegoat 2 - Myself, I guess! I watched until 3-0, and then slowly skipped ahead til I saw 4-0. I skipped way ahead after that until the late 2nd and it was now 4-4. So apparently the team plays well when I don't watch and does not much of anything when I do, as I watched most of the 3rd and we didn't do much.
To be fair... the Wings apart from the Petry/Chia pairing and Reimer started well. Every metric and most shifts they were controlling play. And then that pair would give up some bullshit chance and it would go in.

Those two got scored on 3 consecutive shifts.
1700198121877.png

That sort of takes the wind out of you.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
To be fair... the Wings apart from the Petry/Chia pairing and Reimer started well. Every metric and most shifts they were controlling play. And then that pair would give up some bullshit chance and it would go in.

Those two got scored on 3 consecutive shifts.
View attachment 769383

That sort of takes the wind out of you.

Yeah, it wasn't bad start, but it also wasn't great. I actually don't think most of the goals were on Reimer. That 2nd one especially, Chiarot literally stand inches in front of Reimer and enjoys the puck wiz past him for the easy goal. He didn't even try to put a stick on it to even try and stop it, and it wasn't like he just showed up there either, he seen the whole thing happen. The game winner was just more a fluke thing to me as well.

acetehubernoob

Jun 28, 2011

this has been a problem going back to the blashill era. i hope its one of those "culture" things that can change as time goes on.

Reactions: Juha

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Scapegoat is Chiarot Petry easily, specially Chiarot. This was maybe his worst game in wings uniform. He has been good this season, but this game he was brutal.
Reimer was not good, but not bad either. He made 2-3 strong saves when we were chasing the score.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00