GDT: Game 16: Vegas Golden Knights @ Columbus Blue Jackets | 4:00PM | VGK Effort Edition

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So how many wins in a row for Fleury before another gk gets a win? Subban will win one at home eventually but the question is when?

Man eff me. Just looked at the schedule and we only have two back to backs with 2nd night at home. Colorado. And Arizona.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Eventful night in the Pacific.....

We'd be sitting nicely if we hadn't wet the bed against the Habs and Jets. As it stands, giving opposing teams 2 points for each game in hand on us, we're at 3 points behind VAN and 2 points behind EDM and ARI. ANA is now 1 point behind us with 1 more game played, and CGY is even with us with 2 more games played.

If we could get off this roadie at 3-1-0 or 2-0-2, that would help immensely.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
These games are so important and we didn't play well. We got a fortunate bounce and then some posts and Fleury saves to win, we can't rely on that every game, they still have things they have to fix with this team.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I would give the third star to the Columbus boards because most of the game was played there. I haven't watched CBJ much before- do they always play this style of grind it out, dump and muck game? It was ..... not great to watch.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Only 4 offensive zone starts for Schmidt vs 8 for Merrill & Holden. It's no wonder they can't sustain any type of pressure late in a game, or build any type of momentum.

At least their first 2 years they had Miller, as bad as he was in his own end.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Only 4 offensive zone starts for Schmidt vs 8 for Merrill & Holden. It's no wonder they can't sustain any type of pressure late in a game, or build any type of momentum.

At least their first 2 years they had Miller, as bad as he was in his own end.
I mean you rather don't play Merrill-Holden in the d-zone, which means they're in the o-zone... And if Holden is playing poorly in the o-zone(which is pretty much the only thing he's played for) then cut him.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Too bad Tuch can't stay healthy because Eakin has got to go for the sake of trading for a defenseman in his salary range that can play 18+ minutes a night and not be a liability. Playing 2 or all 3 of Merrill, Holden and Engo is just too much. This team is in trouble if Fleury doesn't continue to stand on his head night in and night out.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean you rather don't play Merrill-Holden in the d-zone, which means they're in the o-zone... And if Holden is playing poorly in the o-zone(which is pretty much the only thing he's played for) then cut him.

Or don't give them so many offensive zone starts & keep their minutes the same. They're losing momentum & the opposition is gaining momentum from the Merr-Den usage after good shifts, TV timeouts etc.

It's an easy out for the other team when it gets to the point, and it's easy to hem VGK in their zone when Merr-Den are on the ice. 2 or 3 critical faceoffs are wasted.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Or don't give them so many offensive zone starts & keep their minutes the same. They're losing momentum & the opposition is gaining momentum from the Merr-Den usage after good shifts, TV timeouts etc.

It's an easy out for the other team when it gets to the point, and it's easy to hem VGK in their zone when Merr-Den are on the ice. 2 or 3 critical faceoffs are wasted.

We have to put them on the ice sometime.

We need another defenseman who can be helpful on the ice and take up big minutes.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Eventful night in the Pacific.....

We'd be sitting nicely if we hadn't wet the bed against the Habs and Jets. As it stands, giving opposing teams 2 points for each game in hand on us, we're at 3 points behind VAN and 2 points behind EDM and ARI. ANA is now 1 point behind us with 1 more game played, and CGY is even with us with 2 more games played.

If we could get off this roadie at 3-1-0 or 2-0-2, that would help immensely.

It was awesome when the team came back and stole 2 points in Chicago. But now the team gave away 2 points.

This team would be on a 4 game winning streak without the 2 collapses. Instead the biggest winning streak of the season is only 2 games. Until that changes the position in the standings will always be disappointing.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We would be tied for 1st and on a 4 game winning streak if we won the games against the Canadians and the Jets. :puppy:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We would be 1st and on a 16 game winning streak if we won all of our games tho.

I wouldn’t put out a hypothetical like that unless I use it to illustrate a point. I didn’t just put that out there to say “Hey look this is awesome we almost won 4 in a row.”

A point I was making is I’m surprised we are this close to leading this division. It doesn’t say much for the division.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
With Oilers losing, next 20 put team to win will be ahead of them. Vegas needs to play hockey for 65 minutes tomorrow night, then win the shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->