GDT: Game 16: Preds @ Jets | 7:00 PM CST | Fox SportsSouth

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Rich Clune ‏@richcluneshow 13h
That was not real blood kids it was ketchup and I was just saying I love you to those Winnipeg fans. Hug your mother and do your homework ok

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Is he that awful?! I just grabbed him because I needed 3 starts and im at 2 right now. Do you think he would be starting?

Some blame our defense others blame hutton but the bottom line is he's giving up a buttload of goals on this roadtrip

And I don't know for sure but I wouldn't be shocked if Mazanec starts for us instead of Hutton

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You don't remember defensive miscues when the goalie makes the save, but they're still there.

When ever mistake ends up in the back of the net, the defense always looks bad.

Hutton breaks every rule. His angles are off, his doesn't keep his 5 hole covered, he kicks rebounds out high to the middle of the ice or to the empty side of the net. I'm trying to figure out what makes him a NHL goalie other than his uniform and paycheck.

Honestly, we've never seen a goalie as bad as this guy.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
You don't remember defensive miscues when the goalie makes the save, but they're still there.

When ever mistake ends up in the back of the net, the defense always looks bad.

Hutton breaks every rule. His angles are off, his doesn't keep his 5 hole covered, he kicks rebounds out high to the middle of the ice or to the empty side of the net. I'm trying to figure out what makes him a NHL goalie other than his uniform and paycheck.

Honestly, we've never seen a goalie as bad as this guy.

Chris Mason. That's all I have to say.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Mason was never this bad. Mason was slow and old and I'd take him in a heartbeat right now over Hutton.

Mason is no better than Hutton. Honestly I don't know if Hutton is better than Mason because we still have a small sample size, but to say you'd take Mason in a heartbeat is imo saying you want the same thing the team has experienced in the past few weeks..

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Last season's Mason might edge out what I've seen from Hutto so far. The Vokie backup Mason was pretty steady and lights out at times. I can honestly say that the thought of Hutton possibly playing lights out for this team has never entered my mind going into a game. We are in deep trouble without a legit back up on this team!!!!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Last years Mason was bad but then again so was the team in front of him. As CG said Mason from 6 years ago was a true 1A goalie.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Rinne covered up the defensive miscues the team made all the time. That is what good goalies do. Hutton needs to do that at least once but he doesn't. He is a good backup in the right matchup. I am guessing we'll give Maz a start against a not very good devils team before throwing him to the wolves against Pittsburgh or Chicago in the back to back later in the week.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
And we're not with Hutton.

Honestly, do you guys think Mason was this bad?

Mason in his first two starts was solid last season, in his third got shelled let everything in. His fourth start didn't come until the playoffs were a pipe dream and we skated too many AHL kids. It's easy to blame the goalie when he is but one of many factors in most goals scored against.

The last game vs the Jets and the season opener at StL had a few similarities that I noticed ... both times goalies let in 3 goals quick, the team was defensively lax early, both times we generated a lot of shots but not enough net presence or rebound control in the offensive end to capitalize on numerous chances that were there. Pavalec allowed juicy rebounds all night with a gaping net to shoot at ... our skaters didn't take advantage of the ones the Jets defense didn't collect. Their skaters did take advantage of the ones both Hutton and Mazanec left.

Hutton does leave a lot of rebounds and he's let in a few that he really needs to stop. Some of the goals he allowed, Rinnie might stop on a good night but end up in the net most times. Others are in the net no matter who wears the pads.

No matter which guy starts tonight, the team defense needs to tighten up. We can't keep letting d-men get clear blasts from the point (something other teams figured out when playing us) ... can't keep allowing breakaways with an open man on the backside to tap in into an open net .... can't keep letting forwards get open in the low slot for cross ice passes and rebound tap ins .... all common factors in the losses with both Rinne and Hutton in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad