GDT: Game 16: Czech Republic Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 4 - 3 CZE OT

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
3 on 3, it's basically man-to-man coverage, you can't let the player you are covering walk into the slot like that uncovered.

I’ve been beat by those before.

When the initial pass is made, there’s a split second where you watch the pass and your man gets that extra step and he’s gone.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Canada - Slovakia
USA - Switzerland
Russia - Finland
Czech Rep - Sweden

Yup this is probably what's going to happen.

Canada-Slovakia/Russia Finland would be one half of the bracket, Czech-Sweden/USA-Switzerland the other

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Czechs played their hearts out and I respect that a lot. The Czech team played up to its potential and got that crucial point - thats what should matter most. Hope that Jenik isn't out for the tourney, if so that would be a huge blow to our team and quite a shocker.

Congrats to US team for the win! The game got more even towards the end but the difference between our teams is and was still obvious today. You've got the quality players that are able to capitalize on those crucial chances, even if the momentum isn't on your side. Good luck for the rest of the tournament!

ASPIFC

Jun 20, 2019
So now Czechs need to beat Canada for us. One loss point is not making any difference but not happy how we played after first period. First period was more or less good but way too many missed chances. PP was horrible. 1/7 is not going to bee good enough when elimination round starts. Disallowed goal was 50/50 situation and honestly this victory feels bit undeserved.

No disrespect but Czechs without their number one goalie and two best forwards should not challenge us like that. Lets hope Finland beat Switzerland so least QF opponent should be good for us. Competition is harder tho. I don't remember that there has ever been preliminary round without easy games.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
I’ve been beat by those before.

When the initial pass is made, there’s a split second where you watch the pass and your man gets that extra step and he’s gone.

Not saying it's an easy play, especially since 3 on 3 is seldom played, but you got to keep the inside against your man.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Credit where it's due though, the Czechs play a strong game and didn't make this one easy.

Only further highlights the absurdity of this tournament's group "balancing"

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs played their hearts out and I respect that a lot. The Czech team played up to its potential and got that crucial point - thats what should matter most. Hope that Jenik isn't out for the tourney, if so that would be a huge blow to our team and quite a shocker.

Congrats the US team to the win! The game got more even towards the end but the difference between our teams is and was still obvious today. You've got the quality players that are able to capitalize on those crucial chances, even if the momentum isn't on your side. Good luck for the rest of the tournament!
For sure.. States were great. 5 posts, 2 missed empty nets. Congrats to them... I think the win allows them to avoid Finland/Sweden.

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
You do realize that he's one of the best 5 on 5 point producers in the NCAA right? Ya he's having a rough tournament but to say that he can't produce 5 on 5 is completely false.

I would worry if I were Canadien fan considering he has been pummeled on 5v5, I hope he goes Goalfield mode in the playoffs

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You do realize that he's one of the best 5 on 5 point producers in the NCAA right? Ya he's having a rough tournament but to say that he can't produce 5 on 5 is completely false.

With all due respect to the kid, it's this tournament that people care about.

If this lights a fire under him, and he starts to contribute more in regulation play, I think people will love it. But it would be a shame if this goal was the highlight of his tournament.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This game could have been 5-0 in the first. A couple of bounces and some strong play by the Czechs salvage a well deserved point. Better team won but it was a wonderful game.

Reactions: Czechboy

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
That's a scummy move and against IIHF rules. Czech should've had their powerplay nullified.

Also calm the hell down with the melodramatic sarcasm.
So you want the goal to be called off on a technicality after the previous goal was waved off on a technicality?
Also scummy is a bit much lol.

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I don't think getting 2 or 3 points made a difference for us but we f***ed up the teams in the bottom lmao you welcome

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
the regulation round should vs kaz vs Slovakia after the way Slovakia played the switz today its embarrassing that one of these group b teams got to play Kaz whle Slovakia gets pounded 8-1 in a qf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad