GDT: Game 16: Czech Republic Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 4 - 3 CZE OT

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
That was a very beautiful goal to end the game.
Best game of the WJC so far, highly entertaining.

Not sold on how the US team is coached, some questionable players on the ice att odd times. However, strong team.

Reactions: KristichBabych

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Is the tiebreak for Canada their win against US, or goal differential?

Canada would win tiebreaker as they beat the US. But I think all Canada has to do is have a regulation win and they have the most outright points in the group

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry but this was just an amazing story for the Czechs...

Played our backup
Missing our top 2 Centres
Missing our best winger
Trailing going into 3rd
A disallowed goal
Our coach went insane and blew a gasket
1 win in the last decade over US and typical score is 6-1

It doesn't guarantee us a quarter (against Sweden) but it goes a long way.

This was worst case scenario for Russia. Before this, they could be relegated with a regulation loss to Germany.. now an OT loss would also relegate them. They need to beat Germany in regulation or OT now.

Czechs third straight 1 goal game... we've been good in the Pool of Death! 1 point of US and 3 points of Russia.

I expect us to have nothing left against Canada.. hopefully Sir, Dostal and Jenik can get healthy for Thursday (assuming we make it)

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Those give and go’s are hard to defend.

Especially if you’re a little tired.

3 on 3, it's basically man-to-man coverage, you can't let the player you are covering walk into the slot like that uncovered.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
That was a fun game to watch.

I don't know about anyone else but this years World Junior games are far more entertaining than NHL games.

I’m regrettably an Oilers fan so the World Juniors have been more entertaining than NHL games for the past 13 years or so

Reactions: 2525 and Czechboy

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
f*** yes! Called it has soon as he jumped on the ice, yelled at my gf to come see Caufield was gonna score!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad