GDT: Game 16: Czech Republic Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 4 - 3 CZE OT

SpartanProdigy

Apr 22, 2019
The TSN broadcast is just sooo much better than the NHLN broadcast. I don't even know why NHLN has their own broadcast, they should just buy TSN's like they do for other tourney's. In America we get better coverage of the U18s (because it's TSNs) than the WJCs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The TSN broadcast is just sooo much better than the NHLN broadcast. I don't even know why NHLN has their own broadcast, they should just buy TSN's like they do for other tourney's. In America we get better coverage of the U18s (because it's TSNs) than the WJCs.

TSN is the gold standard for hockey broadcasting.

Bob McKenzie providing his intermission and post game analysis? Yes please, he’s the best in the business.

SpartanProdigy

Apr 22, 2019
TSN is gold standard for hockey broadcasting.
Exactly, TSN makes you feel like you're at the game, with all the colorful details and little shots of players, crowd and trademark music. NHLN is like a generic live stream, they don't even post lines at the beginning of the game.

US needs to make sure they don't take CZE for granted and stay out of the penalty box (looking at you Stastny and Wahlstrom). Hopefully they don't let down their effort from yesterday.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
States can't win pool (realistically) but this win would allow them avoid Finland/Sweden in quarter.

Technically, Czechs can still win the pool... all they have to do is beat the US and Canada in regulation back to back!

No problem.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Exactly, TSN makes you feel like you're at the game, with all the colorful details and little shots of players, crowd and trademark music. NHLN is like a generic live stream, they don't even post lines at the beginning of the game.

US needs to make sure they don't take CZE for granted and stay out of the penalty box (looking at you Stastny and Wahlstrom). Hopefully they don't let down their effort from yesterday.
I feel like Wahlstrom draws a lot of penalties too.... I'm 99% sure I'll be complaining about him in the next 2 hours.lol

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

TSN is the entity keeping international hockey alive despite the NHLs best efforts to ruin it.

Their coverage of the spring WHC draws more viewers in Canada than the Stanley Cup finals.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2019-12-30_12-45-12.png

I mean, our 3 RD are pretty good. Our LD must have the US so excited as they get to play against them.

I wanted more ice time for Pytlik but I wasn't thinking first line.lol Our C depth is very poor. I'm not super high on Sir but he was one of our best Centre's.

Mysak and Pedar in bottom 6 is just plain madness!

Also, not sure why we haven't added a few players for this game. Plasek on first line is also something.

Our back is also starting.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Zero question States are better. Zero questions States will win by about 3 goals. Zero question that I wish the Czechs would adopt some of the junior programming models.

I will cheer to the end. I do feel Dostal is due to steal a second game for us. I'd prefer it tomorrow than last day against Canada (with a returning Veleno and maybe Laf). States had a tough game against Russia and a quick turnover. States are also pretty much guaranteed a quarter. Maybe a letdown?

Brain says US wins 7-2 and their elite forwards have been dreaming of play the Czech D all week.

Heart says Dostal steals the show and pulls a 'Mrazek' and we win 4-3 with Jenik getting 2 points, Dostal standing on his head and an insane finish. I feel Pytlik is due for a big game. Mysak is bubbling a bit as well.

What I really dream of - first 6 seconds in Russia game we lost Lauko who was one of our best forwards. First half second against Germany, Pekar took a penalty. I'd like to get out of the first minute without a major catastrophe in this one. Also, at one point, we had 2 of our 3 best D with 10 minute majors in the box. Let's avoid that. Assume Wahlstrom will do something to piss us off and skate away. FTR.. Huge Wahlstrom fan.
During this tournament you have become one of my favourite Posters.
3425E7E1-BB77-4C2D-B0DD-AA343431AC73.gif

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
TSN is the entity keeping international hockey alive despite the NHLs best efforts to ruin it.

Their coverage of the spring WHC draws more viewers in Canada than the Stanley Cup finals.
It's improved so much in the last decade. I remember getting Youtube channel subscriptions to watch the Czech games at the World's. They didn't used to show every Junior game too. Same with Spengler.

Now they show all the Spengler, all the World's, all the Juniors, the summer showcase, half the Hlinka (grrr, shoudl be all), semis and medal games for U17 and bronze/Gold for junior A challenge.

It's phenomenal!

Oh, and about half the U18's but I think they show all the quarters now.

NekcuP

Aug 9, 2019
States can't win pool (realistically) but this win would allow them avoid Finland/Sweden in quarter.

Technically, Czechs can still win the pool... all they have to do is beat the US and Canada in regulation back to back!

No problem.lol

Realistic, Czech gonna take 2-3pts as most from these two games.
I say this: OT-win today & OT-loss tomorrow/Loss after regulation.

But, i really hope you make the life tough for them both, 6pts would be fantastic :)

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's improved so much in the last decade. I remember getting Youtube channel subscriptions to watch the Czech games at the World's. They didn't used to show every Junior game too. Same with Spengler.

Now they show all the Spengler, all the World's, all the Juniors, the summer showcase, half the Hlinka (grrr, shoudl be all), semis and medal games for U17 and bronze/Gold for junior A challenge.

It's phenomenal!

Oh, and about half the U18's but I think they show all the quarters now.

They even have the U-19 Junior A world challenge covered.

TSN, and I hate to give credit to a telecom company but they are the reason why international hockey is alive and relevant right now.

The NHL has effectively tried to ruin international hockey but TSN hasn’t let them.

As I said, TSN and their coverage of the IIHF
WHC gets more viewers in Canada than the Stanley Cup Finals.

I remember seeing the 2015 finals last time it was in the Czech Republic when Canada sent a powerhouse team and crushed Russia in the finals. The viewership numbers on that were 10+ million viewers in Canada alone for the Gold game.

That’s capturing a nation and the hockey world, which far exceeds our North American borders. The NHL and Bettman still don’t get it.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
View attachment 299989

I mean, our 3 RD are pretty good. Our LD must have the US so excited as they get to play against them.

I wanted more ice time for Pytlik but I wasn't thinking first line.lol Our C depth is very poor. I'm not super high on Sir but he was one of our best Centre's.

Mysak and Pedar in bottom 6 is just plain madness!

Also, not sure why we haven't added a few players for this game. Plasek on first line is also something.

Our back is also starting.
Very odd to say the least. I thought Mysak should be on the top line. He would deserve it after game 1. Lets see what happens

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

I like Gord/Ferraro duo. World Juniors always comes to mind when you hear them.
Dave Starman's hockey knowledge, and familiarity with the American players in particular, is top-notch, but he just won't shut up. Let your partner call the game.

Miller and Ferraro are the best pbp team in hockey.

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016

As an American....I have grown to hate the NHL Network with a passion because of their coverage of this tournament. For the life of me I don't get whey they don't live stream the games not broadcast on TV, and the production quality of their own broadcasts is so much worse than when they borrow the TSN feeds. I don't even care about the pro-Canadian announcers, I'd rather have TSN coverage of all U.S. games.

I tried to get access to TSN with a VPN this year, but to my dismay I learned I also need a Canadian credit card to actually subscribe. For about 30 seconds after I managed to create a TSN account I thought I was finally done with the NHL network...which has only made my annual frustration with the NHL Network more bitter this year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I want to see the Czechs bully the Yanks.

Beat them up physically and they’ll crack. Those boys are playing in their homeland.

Punch the Americans in the mouth Czechia.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
LOL, Miller was confused.

"Six forwards and 11 D and that's all they've got."

I'm pretty sure he meant the opposite.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Very odd to say the least. I thought Mysak should be on the top line. He would deserve it after game 1. Lets see what happens
If the goal is to make him a bottom 6 dynamo, I don't mind it. I've noticed his speed has drawn some penalties. Still, our lineup is bizarre.. we don't even have a fourth line.

The States have first rounders in their bottom 6.lol

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->