GDT: Game 16: Czech Republic Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 4 - 3 CZE OT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc16.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lukas Dostal (G)
Nick Malik (G)
Lukas Parik (G)

Defensemen:
KLIKORKA Karel (D)
KUCERIK Radek (D)
HAS Martin (D)
ZABRANSKY Libor (D)
DAJCAR Tomas (D)
KUBICEK Simon(D)

Forwards:
PEKAR Matej (F)
TEPLY Michal (F)
LAUKO Jakub (F)
JENIK Jan (F)
PAVEL Ondrej (F)
SIK Otakar (F)
BLUMEL Matej (F)
PYTLIK Jaromir (F)
CAJKA Petr (F)
RASKA Adam (F)
MYSAK Jan (F)
SIR Jan (F)

full

USA
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Spencer Knight (G)
Isiah Saville (G)
Dustin Wolff (G)

Defensemen:
Ty Emerson (D)
Jordan Harris (D)
Zac Jones (D)
K'andre Miller (D)
Mattias Samuelson (D)
Spencer Stastney (D)
Cam York (D)

Forwards:
John Beecher (F)
Bobby Brink (F)
Cole Caulfield (F)
Jack Drury (F)
Parker Ford (F)
Curtis Hall(F)
Arthur Kaliyev (F)
Shane Pinto (F)
Jacob Pinvoka (F)
Nick Robertson (F)
Alex Turcotte (F)
Oliver Wahlstrom (F)
Trevor Zegras (F)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Zero question States are better. Zero questions States will win by about 3 goals. Zero question that I wish the Czechs would adopt some of the junior programming models.

I will cheer to the end. I do feel Dostal is due to steal a second game for us. I'd prefer it tomorrow than last day against Canada (with a returning Veleno and maybe Laf). States had a tough game against Russia and a quick turnover. States are also pretty much guaranteed a quarter. Maybe a letdown?

Brain says US wins 7-2 and their elite forwards have been dreaming of play the Czech D all week.

Heart says Dostal steals the show and pulls a 'Mrazek' and we win 4-3 with Jenik getting 2 points, Dostal standing on his head and an insane finish. I feel Pytlik is due for a big game. Mysak is bubbling a bit as well.

What I really dream of - first 6 seconds in Russia game we lost Lauko who was one of our best forwards. First half second against Germany, Pekar took a penalty. I'd like to get out of the first minute without a major catastrophe in this one. Also, at one point, we had 2 of our 3 best D with 10 minute majors in the box. Let's avoid that. Assume Wahlstrom will do something to piss us off and skate away. FTR.. Huge Wahlstrom fan.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Zero question States are better. Zero questions States will win by about 3 goals. Zero question that I wish the Czechs would adopt some of the junior programming models.

I will cheer to the end. I do feel Dostal is due to steal a second game for us. I'd prefer it tomorrow than last day against Canada (with a returning Veleno and maybe Laf). States had a tough game against Russia and a quick turnover. States are also pretty much guaranteed a quarter. Maybe a letdown?

Brain says US wins 7-2 and their elite forwards have been dreaming of play the Czech D all week.

Heart says Dostal steals the show and pulls a 'Mrazek' and we win 4-3 with Jenik getting 2 points, Dostal standing on his head and an insane finish. I feel Pytlik is due for a big game. Mysak is bubbling a bit as well.

What I really dream of - first 6 seconds in Russia game we lost Lauko who was one of our best forwards. First half second against Germany, Pekar took a penalty. I'd like to get out of the first minute without a major catastrophe in this one. Also, at one point, we had 2 of our 3 best D with 10 minute majors in the box. Let's avoid that. Assume Wahlstrom will do something to piss us off and skate away. FTR.. Huge Wahlstrom fan.
Zero question this division has been full of surprises. Czechia with an upset would be surprising, not shocking.

Reactions: Czechboy

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Dostal is a beauty

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I think the U.S. wins fairly comfortably, but the way this tournament is going I have a gut feeling the Czechs might pull an upset.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Definitely not double digits.:laugh:

A lot of people underrated the Czechs. They might pull win off here, though. Would not be surprised by that at all.

2-1 Czech republic

I don't underrate the Czech's. They could beat any team, except the Americans. We routinely destroy them. They do much better against the other top programs.

Reactions: NyQuil

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I hope the US just keeps playing like they did in the 3rd period against GER and vs. Russia. Keep improving and playing every shift like your tournament depends on it.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't underrate the Czech's. They could beat any team, except the Americans. We routinely destroy them. They do much better against the other top programs.
In fairness, Canada routinely destroys us at this tourney too!lol. Could be a 'fun' two days as we need a point desperately and have US and Canada coming up and are playing our backup!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
For those curious as to what the minutes have been like so far:

View attachment 299923

Robertson is the type of guy that every coach loves. Always one of the hardest workers but has the skill to play high in the lineup as well. Not surprised to see him leading the forwards.

Definitely need to work Zegras in more though, he's a star. Reminds me of Barzal.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In fairness, Canada routinely destroys us at this tourney too!lol. Could be a 'fun' two days as we need a point desperately and have US and Canada coming up and are playing our backup!

Relating this to football, I’m a Borussia Dortmund fan. Borussia Monchengladbach are a good team that we aren’t that much better than most seasons. It should be a game they can win, but somehow every time we play them, we play our best and they play their worst. Recently, I never believe there’s any chance we won’t win when we play them, and I’ve not been wrong.

I find it very similar as an American fan against the Czech’s in all levels of ice hockey. Finland is our bogey team. We always underperform against them. The Czech’s are the team we bring our best against.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Relating this to football, I’m a Borussia Dortmund fan. Borussia Monchengladbach are a good team that we aren’t that much better than most seasons. It should be a game they can win, but somehow every time we play them, we play our best and they play their worst. Recently, I never believe there’s any chance we won’t win when we play them, and I’ve not been wrong.

I find it very similar as an American fan against the Czech’s in all levels of ice hockey. Finland is our bogey team. We always underperform against them. The Czech’s are the team we bring our best against.
Finland is everyones bogey team.lol I've been told it's called 'sisu'.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My afternoon consists of cheering for the Czechs to beat US, Trinec to beat Ambri (Spengler) and Slovakia to beat the Swiss. I could be in a very bad mood by 3pm EST!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->