GDT: GAME #16 - Canucks @ Stars - 5:30 (SPAC) - Honey Badger Goes to Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

Why do the Canucks keep turning back at their own blueline?

I understand the principles if puck possession, but rule #1 of hockey is don't turn the luck over at your own blue line.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
IVE GOT IT, switch Kesler and make him a defenseman. 100% defensive duties , no more trying to dangle in the offensive zone and making dumbass shots entering the offensive zone. He would actually be lethal with Edler cause hes a right handed shot.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
hipster-linden_zpsf8899bda.jpg

:D

anyone have just the screenshot?

asdfman

Weeeee
Nov 3, 2011
Why do the Canucks keep turning back at their own blueline?

I understand the principles if puck possession, but rule #1 of hockey is don't turn the luck over at your own blue line.

Because it's this stupid turtling strategy that someone on the coaching bench (I'm assuming) thought of when holding a lead in the third period. Has been going on for a while now

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
patience, young padawan.

I totally called this in the injury report thread too though.

all i'm saying is that if kesler is healthy, don't expect too much from him for a bit. He started practicing with the team 1 or 2 weeks ago and is coming off multiple surgeries in one extra long off-season in which he used a pain pump. I'm not a doctor, but i wouldn't be surprised if his situation is somewhat similar to raymond's was last year, i.e. Big surgery, long recovery period, etc. The difference i think is the most (besides the obvious reported severity in injuries [reminder: Still not a doctor]) is in personality. Last year raymond came back and i think adrenaline pushed him to have an excellent start back and his confidence looked like it waned as the season wore on. I think kesler will struggle early, but only get better as the season progresses.

ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad