Post-Game Talk: Game #16: Canucks spank the 'best' team in Canada. 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolClarkson*

maple-leafs-titanic.jpg

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I have the distinction of having been in attendance the last time the Leafs beat the Canucks. Spent a ton on eBay and took transit out to the furthest reaches of the Toronto region to pick them up, only to see the Leafs completely box the Canucks' offense out.

A couple guys on the subway home told me I was nicer than all the other Canucks' fans they've met. :laugh:

(In truth, Leaf fans aren't bad at all -- none of the politics or bile you get from other Canadian cities. The media is a different story.)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Meanwhile the oilers losing 2-0 after 8 min

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Best game I've watched in a long time.

This, we need more of this.

McLaren needs to be dragged out back and shot, Orr did us a favour getting Sestito off the ice for at least 15 additional minutes (although he actually didn't have a bad game), Lupul, Phaneuf and Clarkson all should be in three stars for the Canucks, and Kessel...it's not even fair to call that a fight, I was hoping Burrows would have broken him if they went blow for blow.

Bolland...well I feel bad for him, "leg laceration"...but Simpson needs to quit hockey and exile himself to somewhere tropical. He compared it, and seemingly it's intent, to Cooke's slicing of Karlsson. Typical of CBC...Hughson needed a new partner for me to fully enjoy this game.

Sedins took a lot of crap tonight. Anyone who calls them soft immediately has lost my respect, and we can point to tonights game as a single point as evidence. They do this every game, and get 0 respect for it around the league.

Kesler did well, I was hoping to see him be more physical, especially with Kadri who seemed to be going after him.

Burrows and Higgins are getting some insane chemistry, together and with Santo. Some tweaking and we will have an excellent 2nd line.

Kassian was playing like we need him to. Physical, nasty, and a touch of scoring.

Welsh and Archibald continued to play well in limited roles, and Richardson seemed to be almost a primary player for us tonight.

Weber I hardly saw on the ice, and Sestito I thought had a fine game, no glaring eff ups. His fight didn't need to happen, but you don't turn down Colton Orr I guess.

No glaring mistakes from our D, Edler and Bieksa were our best I think, and Hamhuis, Garrison and Tanev were all looking very good. Stanton was on and off, but I thought he had a good game overall.

Lu looked great.

We might have to amp up the physicality if we have another game like this, or at least use our PP to it's full potential. 1/8? 1/9? Not good enough when our teams stars are being cheap shotted and we are being handed opportunities to bury our opponents. If we can't score, some bigger hits to break up plays would be better then nothing, or otherwise...PP PP PP PP.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
That should shut up the Laffs for awhile. :laugh:

11 straight wins. That is called utter and total dominance.

It seemed like there was about 3 or 4 Sedins out there tonight. :handclap:

LolClarkson*

I have the distinction of having been in attendance the last time the Leafs beat the Canucks. Spent a ton on eBay and took transit out to the furthest reaches of the Toronto region to pick them up, only to see the Leafs completely box the Canucks' offense out.

A couple guys on the subway home told me I was nicer than all the other Canucks' fans they've met. :laugh:

(In truth, Leaf fans aren't bad at all -- none of the politics or bile you get from other Canadian cities. The media is a different story.)

Leafs fans are better the Calgary or Edm fans that's for sure

medhatcanuck

Jul 8, 2010
Inside JayZ's Belly
Best game I've watched in a long time.

This, we need more of this.

McLaren needs to be dragged out back and shot, Orr did us a favour getting Sestito off the ice for at least 15 additional minutes (although he actually didn't have a bad game), Lupul, Phaneuf and Clarkson all should be in three stars for the Canucks, and Kessel...it's not even fair to call that a fight, I was hoping Burrows would have broken him if they went blow for blow.

Bolland...well I feel bad for him, "leg laceration"...but Simpson needs to quit hockey and exile himself to somewhere tropical. He compared it, and seemingly it's intent, to Cooke's slicing of Karlsson. Typical of CBC...Hughson needed a new partner for me to fully enjoy this game.

Sedins took a lot of crap tonight. Anyone who calls them soft immediately has lost my respect, and we can point to tonights game as a single point as evidence. They do this every game, and get 0 respect for it around the league.

Kesler did well, I was hoping to see him be more physical, especially with Kadri who seemed to be going after him.

Burrows and Higgins are getting some insane chemistry, together and with Santo. Some tweaking and we will have an excellent 2nd line.

Kassian was playing like we need him to. Physical, nasty, and a touch of scoring.

Welsh and Archibald continued to play well in limited roles, and Richardson seemed to be almost a primary player for us tonight.

Weber I hardly saw on the ice, and Sestito I thought had a fine game, no glaring eff ups. His fight didn't need to happen, but you don't turn down Colton Orr I guess.

No glaring mistakes from our D, Edler and Bieksa were our best I think, and Hamhuis, Garrison and Tanev were all looking very good. Stanton was on and off, but I thought he had a good game overall.

Lu looked great.

We might have to amp up the physicality if we have another game like this, or at least use our PP to it's full potential. 1/8? 1/9? Not good enough when our teams stars are being cheap shotted and we are being handed opportunities to bury our opponents. If we can't score, some bigger hits to break up plays would be better then nothing, or otherwise...PP PP PP PP.

i likey your assessment. all character.

Also i think your underselling Archibald. He's big and he's gonna be a huge asset for us this year.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

How do you group Welsh and Archibald? One played 2 minutes and took a dumb penalty, the other played 9 and got an assist.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Looks like I have a Leafs GDT to attend. I'm going to read it from the very beginning.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Leafs were plain rattled and you can't even call out the Canucks for diving. So much for having inferior forwards to the Leafs, without Bolland they look as thin as us at Centre.

Was also nice to Bure honored, he deserved it and a large reason this franchise is where it is today. "The house that Bure Built" is Rogers Arena.

Last edited:

snizzbone*

How is it not a comparable play? Neither player meant to cut the persons leg.. but both plays resulted in the EXACT SAME injury. Bolland is having surgery right now on a partial tendon laceration.

Leafs were plain rattled and you can't even call out the Canucks for diving. So much for having inferior forwards to the Leafs, without Bolland they look as thin as us at Centre.

Bozak is also hurt. Our usual center depth is Bozak, Bolland, Kadri, McClement.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
obviously there's not many negatives to take away from the game but man, how can a powerplay be so ineffective. A 2 minute 5 on 3 needs to result in a goal especially when it means putting the game away. 1 for 8 is also unacceptable considering the leafs stopped trying for half of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->