Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
d3ef581057939b93670109aa6326e35a.gif

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Well we get a point, perhaps we'll play to win in OT, instead of trying to hang on to a zero gold lead.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This team has GOT to improve its passing.

Trap game - except for Karlsson, not strong down the middle, suspect that's why passing is poor. On the bright side, Petro looked real good, Smith was engaged. Need much more from Stephenson, who really isn't a #1.

Maybe called stupid for saying this, but if Fleury gonna play like this, what about trading Lehner, free up 5 mil in cap space and get a legit #1 or 2 center, move Stephenson to 4th line, we'd really be a Cup contender. Not impressed by Lehner before he was hurt, Fleury looks like the real thing, and average goalies aren't hard to find for backups. We aren't missing the playoffs so food for thought.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Trap game - except for Karlsson, not strong down the middle, suspect that's why passing is poor. On the bright side, Petro looked real good, Smith was engaged. Need much more from Stephenson, who really isn't a #1.

Maybe called stupid for saying this, but if Fleury gonna play like this, what about trading Lehner, free up 5 mil in cap space and get a legit #1 or 2 center, move Stephenson to 4th line, we'd really be a Cup contender. Not impressed by Lehner before he was hurt, Fleury looks like the real thing, and average goalies aren't hard to find for backups. We aren't missing the playoffs so food for thought.
This was the worst performance I've seen in a VGK sweater by Stephenson. Turnover after turnover, skating into his own puckhandler, etc.

Everyone gets a bad game, this was his.

Reactions: CupInSIX

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

No one is taking on a contract like Lehner's in this economic climate. Mcrimmon made his bed. Either they move Fleury or ride it out with 12m in goal.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
No one is taking on a contract like Lehner's in this economic climate. Mcrimmon made his bed. Either they move Fleury or ride it out with 12m in goal.
I'm not going to judge Panda yet because I didn't think he was at 100 coming off surgery.

It's a cant trade situation. Either he comes back with bad stats and no one wants him, or he comes back on fire and we can't let him go.

Mind you, I think Flower today is a better goalie than Lehner at his best.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'm not going to judge Panda yet because I didn't think he was at 100 coming off surgery.

It's a cant trade situation. Either he comes back with bad stats and no one wants him, or he comes back on fire and we can't let him go.

I wasn't referencing Lehner's play at all. I have full confidence in his game as long he's healthy. It's just not a movable contract at this point with the flat cap and lower revenues.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

I know it's a bit of a problem, but I think they felt like Fleury was deteriorating, which is why they gave 5 years to Lehner. Probably wouldn't have if they knew Fleury would find the Fountain of Youth (more likely, he's a great goalie as long as he doesn't wander, maybe he bought into THAT). But even in last year's playoffs, I saw nothing to endear me to Lehner. He gave up a lot of bad goals, particularly to Dallas.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

But it isn't just this game. Their passing has been headscratching for the better chunk of this season. They've been fortunate to win most of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->