GDT: Game 15 @ TML 4PT

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I get that. Is Hyka a better version of that? Guy is a stud in the A, but on the big club he struggles mightily. And he has tons of opportunity.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I get that. Is Hyka a better version of that? Guy is a stud in the A, but on the big club he struggles mightily. And he has tons of opportunity.
Hyka is a far more dynamic player. I think of it like this: if Pacioretty is struggling, Pirri has less than zero place on this team.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
FFS, SinBin talking about bringing up Pirri and other Knights fans are on board. I seriously can't understand why it so often feels like I'm the only one who sees him for the one-dimensional "almost pro-worthy" player that he is. Cause calling him one dimensional is almost to much credit. Half dimensional is more appropriate. He has one skill to his name: a hard shot. Is it accurate? Not really. Does he get into open areas well to utilize that shot? Not really. Does he makes space for himself? Practically never. Is he a good passer? Nope. Basically for Pirri to score the puck has to be passed tape to tape or bounce to him, and no one can be defending him. If all those conditions are met, there's like a 30% chance at best that the puck will end up in the net. And because it has happened in his very short NHL career, fans of all the teams he's been on think he just needs one good game to get the ball rolling on being an NHL stud.

Like, if we need a call up, Carr should be the first call.

Yup, Pirri is the proverbial "one trick pony". He literally cannot do much beyond that one-timer on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad