GDT: Game #15|Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
So this is Berube's 12th game. What do people think of the coaching so far?

His lineup decisions have been enough for me to start to dislike him. He doesn't seem like he's having much success motivating the players to actually play either.

The more things change, the more they stay the same with the Flyers. We really need that fresh perspective Snider is so against IMO.

MadFerIt95*

As much as this team sucks, going to watch hockey games being played live is always fun. But they always lose when they play the Devils and I'm there, but Hedberg was in net each time they played, first time I actually get to see Brodeur.... hopefully we steal a victory...

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Schenn is the youngest of the four and the most important long-term. He's paid less than Coburn or Timonen,both of whom should rightly be held to a higher standard.

But really, the problem is this: Why dress Mez, someone who has played measurably worse, for Schenn, just to send a message to the unscratchable players to shape up? Its silly season here in Philadelphia.

Every season is silly season in Philly.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

His lineup decisions have been enough for me to start to dislike him. He doesn't seem like he's having much success motivating the players to actually play either.

The more things change, the more they stay the same with the Flyers. We really need that fresh perspective Snider is so against IMO.

Better then with Laviolette, but his lineup decisions are atrocious and baffling. Can't really fault him for the teams performance as a whole though since Holmgren never gave him a training camp or off season to work things out and into the lineup. Plus he's the one who has constructed the roster as is.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Better then with Laviolette, but his lineup decisions are atrocious and baffling. Can't really fault him for the teams performance as a whole though since Holmgren never gave him a training camp or off season to work things out and into the lineup. Plus he's the one who has constructed the roster as is.

I agree Holmgren's team management is the bigger issue right now, but I'm not sure Berube is doing the right things to help right the ship.

These lineup changes are awful. Same issue as with Lavi, giving vets undeserved ice time over the young guys who would benefit much much more from playing.

And the line combinations.. changing them every game isn't going to help trigger the chemistry that's missing. I wish he would keep the same lines and let them develop through this bad streak.

Schenn's still bouncing between wing and center, G's got new linemates every game. Our 4th line is atrocious most nights because for whatever reason we need Rosehill AND Rinaldo at the same time. 1st powerplay unit keeps changing.

Bleh. More of the same.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

It generally seems to take about 2 months for coaches to really have an impact.

That being said his lineup decisions suggest he needs a CT scan, very very soon.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I agree Holmgren's team management is the bigger issue right now, but I'm not sure Berube is doing the right things to help right the ship.

These lineup changes are awful. Same issue as with Lavi, giving vets undeserved ice time over the young guys who would benefit much much more from playing.

And the line combinations.. changing them every game isn't going to help trigger the chemistry that's missing. I wish he would keep the same lines and let them develop through this bad streak.

Schenn's still bouncing between wing and center, G's got new linemates every game. Our 4th line is atrocious most nights because for whatever reason we need Rosehill AND Rinaldo at the same time. 1st powerplay unit keeps changing.

Bleh. More of the same.

Like I said, his lineup decisions are atrocious and baffling. No matter what it's hard to get a good grip on Berube and how much of it is his fault because of Holmgren.

Giving vets undeserved ice-time happens a lot with most teams in this league. I also can't fault him for line juggling. Pretty much every coach does that when they can't figure out their teams struggles. No matter the line combinations out offense is inept it seems anyhow.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This will be the game where the offense starts to turn it around + Giroux will get a goal

(I'm gonna keep saying it until they ****ing do it)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
what did he say?

He was imitating an old man rocking on a rocking chair smoking a pipe making fun of Grossman because he is playing his 400th game tonight. It's was a reaction because Grossmann literally had no emotion when interviewed just before about how it feels to be in his 400th game.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Seems like Kevin Lowe is scouting Boston/Florida tonight. He is probably just scouting for Team Canada though. If he isn't, Edmonton has a lot of coals in the fire...

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Jagr winter classics jersey sighting :yo:

Also, why do they keep starting Emery? A few punches to the back of the head and one stupidly lucky shutout get you this?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I've got Tom Waits on cue if this game starts to get ugly, Old Tom helps ease the pain

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
I'm on board with the disgust of the schenn and gus scratches... I don't see the swaying logic to do this, even with a good argument to back it up, there are defensemen that deserved to be scratched instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad