GDT: Game #15|Thu., Nov. 7, 2013| Devils at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Got Free Tickets from Work for this one. Lower Level 107 right behind where the flyers shoot twice Hell yes

Nice. Maybe they'll score some goals tonight so you don't pass out from boredom. Lord knows I have to have a solid buzz on just to watch them lately.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Mason was mad at the end of the game, but more at himself because the gtg hit his arm and his pads and went in, loosing his SO and likely the game. He thought he should have made the save. been there, done that. Don't confuse that for bryz's pointing at everyone when he let in a goal. Emery got the SO the last time, no reason not to start him. Btw, he looks alot slower than his previous stint here. His undefeated record had a lot more to do with the blackhawks team D than him stealing wins. I haven't seen a guy mason's size with that athleticism since pre-groin injury hextall. They seem to have the same compete, which is saying a lot.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Mason was mad at the end of the game, but more at himself because the gtg hit his arm and his pads and went in, loosing his SO and likely the game. He thought he should have made the save. been there, done that. Don't confuse that for bryz's pointing at everyone when he let in a goal. Emery got the SO the last time, no reason not to start him. Btw, he looks alot slower than his previous stint here. His undefeated record had a lot more to do with the blackhawks team D than him stealing wins. I haven't seen a guy mason's size with that athleticism since pre-groin injury hextall. They seem to have the same compete, which is saying a lot.

By no means was I saying Mason was having a hissy fit. He has every right to be frustrated and I understand what you're saying.

I really like our goalie tandem. It's definitely been a strong point of our team this season, minus the Capitals debacle.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Don't know where this revisionist history of Luke playing horribly is coming from. He's been no worse then any of our other regulars and his ice-time was cut pretty severely pretty early on in the season to begin with. Gustafsson being benched makes no sense whatsoever considering his style of play fits the team better then Schenn, Meszaros, or Gill. Not to mention he was putting up points prior to his reasonless scratching.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Don't know where this revisionist history of Luke playing horribly is coming from. He's been no worse then any of our other regulars and his ice-time was cut pretty severely pretty early on in the season to begin with. Gustafsson being benched makes no sense whatsoever considering his style of play fits the team better then Schenn, Meszaros, or Gill. Not to mention he was putting up points prior to his reasonless scratching.

I totally agree. I honestly thought Schenn was a pseudo-bright spot during the games I've watched. He's had some good outlet passes and hasn't been scorched a ton.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, Schenn in no way sticks out more negatively then Coburn, Grossmann, or sometimes even Timonen. Schenn was also our biggest bright spot on D last season. Like I said before, far earlier before his scratching he was having his ice-time severely cut. Don't remember if that coincides with Berube being here as head coach or not though.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
Emery getting the start is a bad move. he got a SO last devils contest because he only saw 14 shots not because he played well. Mason is playing great hockey and needs to be rewarded for it, I'm tired of the goalie flip flopping, there is no need for it right now.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yeah, Schenn in no way sticks out more negatively then Coburn, Grossmann, or sometimes even Timonen. Schenn was also our biggest bright spot on D last season. Like I said before, far earlier before his scratching he was having his ice-time severely cut. Don't remember if that coincides with Berube being here as head coach or not though.

Of the four defenders you named, Schenn has been the most inconsistent. I am not saying he should still be scratched, but he has played extremely poorly to begin the year. Grossman has been a bright spot like always, besides the real bad turnover the other night that lead to a goal, but even so he was having a great game before that play. Coburn for some reason is skating more this year, it's strange to see but is happening. He still handles the puck like a grenade, but not like Schenn sometimes. Kimmo is Kimmo, like Giroux, they won't bench him. Rightfully so too, he will sort his game out on the ice, not in the presser.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Was thinking of going down, but choose to stay home and finish some homework so I don't have to do any after work on the weekends.... I will see if that was the right choice or not.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also, I find it quite convenient when a team is mentioned to be interested in Hal Gill and all of a sudden he starts playing. Mez as well, but I haven't heard any speculation about him. I understand Gus and Schenn seem to be treated unfairly, it's just strange those two are playing over them. Just speculation, but wouldn't be the first time a player was showcased before a trade.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Of the four defenders you named, Schenn has been the most inconsistent. I am not saying he should still be scratched, but he has played extremely poorly to begin the year. Grossman has been a bright spot like always, besides the real bad turnover the other night that lead to a goal, but even so he was having a great game before that play. Coburn for some reason is skating more this year, it's strange to see but is happening. He still handles the puck like a grenade, but not like Schenn sometimes. Kimmo is Kimmo, like Giroux, they won't bench him. Rightfully so too, he will sort his game out on the ice, not in the presser.

Schenn is the youngest of the four and the most important long-term. He's paid less than Coburn or Timonen,both of whom should rightly be held to a higher standard.

But really, the problem is this: Why dress Mez, someone who has played measurably worse, for Schenn, just to send a message to the unscratchable players to shape up? Its silly season here in Philadelphia.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Quite random question, but has the daylight savings time changed the clocks one hour backwards lately (in the US)? I know there's a difference between when Americans (later) and Europeans (sooner) adjust the clock, but I never know when exactly that happens. And now I don't know whether the game starts at midnight or at 1 am :laugh:

Nice. Maybe they'll score some goals tonight so you don't pass out from boredom. Lord knows I have to have a solid buzz on just to watch them lately.

Or maybe he could get a beer and pour it on Volchenkov flying through the glass :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad