GDT: Game 15: Slovakia Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SUI 7 - 2 SVK

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
But it is not our problem that there is not wider competition and therefore we might survive with weaker teams from time to time
Next year we will have Austria to compete with and they will have Rossi, Nickl, and Peeters

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak roster this year is closer to Kazakhs. Let's just forget this year. For once though I agree that Slovak coaches should stop ommiting younger talents. Cajkovic last year, Chromiak this year. I rather see a younger kid with a high upside on the 4th line than a below average "elder."

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Ok. Let's talk about roster choices. They could cut Turan instead of Golian. Or there could be Chromiak instead of any F from bottom six. Or Rabčan(G) instead of Lackovic/Vyletelka. I mean, it wouldn't make any significant difference. We shouldn't blame Petrovicky for inability of players to pass damn puck. Those players hadn't been developing since wjc 18 tourney. They simply cannot make any swift and accurate combination. We can say staff could make more suitable tactics for them, however I doubt they would be able to beat SUI,SWE,etc.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Ok. Let's talk about roster choices. They could cut Turan instead of Golian. Or there could be Chromiak instead of any F from bottom six. Or Rabčan(G) instead of Lackovic/Vyletelka. I mean, it wouldn't make any significant difference. We shouldn't blame Petrovicky for inability of players to pass damn puck. Those players hadn't been developing since wjc 18 tourney. They simply cannot make any swift and accurate combination. We can say staff could make more suitable tactics for them, however I doubt they would be able to beat SUI,SWE,etc.
The fact that I'm missing Golian right now makes me depressed for the state of this team

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
About half this team has no place playing in top tournament.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Hollenstein needed a game like this. Paterlini's patients may pay dividents. Liked Hollenstein's reaction after his mistake. His head's right back in the game, and he read the incoming PP instantly and was quick enough out for Schmid. Who in the end scored. I'm not sure it was exactly his plan, but what a play by Aebischer.

Hollenstein doesnt make this mistake in a close game. We were up 4 nothing so he thought he could get cute. Typical brain fart.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
He's sitting the whole line. Berri had 1 minute, Mettler 52 seconds, Gerber none.
Gerber and Mettler sitting is measured by their input absolutely reasonable. But in the perspectives of more important games. It's a bit unnecessary to overforce the top-players and only playing with 3 lines and an extra forward for most of the 2nd.

I hope Paterlini's not to greedy in the 3rd and gives the 4th line and 3rd pairing more icetime.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak roster this year is closer to Kazakhs. Let's just forget this year. For once though I agree that Slovak coaches should stop ommiting younger talents. Cajkovic last year, Chromiak this year. I rather see a younger kid with a high upside on the 4th line than a below average "elder."
Why isn’t Stacha playing more? Watching him with the puck, he can do everything better than the 2000 born players who look like the worse defenders in the entire tournament

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Didn't you say that the rosters are similar and Switzerland has a bit better team than us? LOL
I don't see Slovak kids pretty much at all so yes, before WJC it seemed that way, considering my limited knowledge. Definitely Slovak (or Swiss, for that matter) fans could have provided a more accurate input. Having said that, Slovak fans seemed to be even more off the mark.

However, we have 3 more games of hard evidence to go on now. Just like I wrote after Kazakhstan game, you must admit this isn't just about the good players playing bad, Slovak defense is legitimately awful.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Next year we will have Austria to compete with and they will have Rossi, Nickl, and Peeters
Luckily, Hlavaj and Cajkovic are still available. Our next year defence will be much better (Knazko, Mudrak, Golian, Nemec, Stacha, Turan). Furthermore, we might use promising players as Chromiak or Myklukha. Nothing being taken for granted but I believe them.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Luckily, Hlavaj and Cajkovic are still available. Our next year defence will be much better (Knazko, Mudrak, Golian, Nemec, Stacha, Turan). Furthermore, we might use promising players as Chromiak or Myklukha. Nothing being taken for granted but I believe them.
Yeah we're really lucky, especially that we got to be in a group with Kazakhstan, and not someone like Belarus or Austria

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
1st place in the opposite group will get as close as you can get to a bye. They will need a goaltending miracle.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't see Slovak kids pretty much at all so yes, before WJC it seemed that way, considering my limited knowledge. Definitely Slovak (or Swiss, for that matter) fans could have provided a more accurate input. Having said that, Slovak fans seemed to be even more off the mark.

However, we have 3 more games of hard evidence to go on now. Just like I wrote after Kazakhstan game, you must admit this isn't just about the good players playing bad, Slovak defense is legitimately awful.
It is awful. But during the season, this team was nowhere near being this bad. And that's why no one here wants to give up on this team so easily. The next thing is the coaching, when a 17 years old D (who was scratched in first 2 matches) jumps into the game and after 2 minutes, everyone sees that he would be one of the best dmen you know something is wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad