GDT: Game 15: Slovakia Vs Switzerland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SUI 7 - 2 SVK

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Yes but chances are after 2 years in the AHL he will likely be heading home if he doesn't get a real NHL chance while any Canadians play there until they are 25 at least.
You could be right but the thing is switzerland is so much better to play like the ahl that’s a fact

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Yes but chances are after 2 years in the AHL he will likely be heading home if he doesn't get a real NHL chance while any Canadian plays there until they are 25 at least.

Yeah, that's right, but this chances are probably the same for all Europeans, also Finns and Swedes. But they still get drafted heavily in the later rounds.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Man, this is just disgusting. I honestly thought we could at least put up some resistance. That first period was the most ridiculous performance I have ever seen at this stage.

Reactions: masinaLFC

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
The D depth is really something special for Switzerland. They lose a 4 year veteran in Gross, and still can ice a very smart and mobile top4.

The puzzle pieces in the Nussbaumer line finally start to match. Fun fact, Nussbaumer and Kohler played for the same junior club, but rarely on the same line. They mostly played PP together, and Kohler was the playmaker and Nussbaumer the sniper. How things chance over time.

But as Schmid is a quality 3rd C, we really miss a 2nd C who can create with the puck. Mettler definitely can't be that guy. Sopa had a strong season as a C before he crossed the pond. He could profit from gaining a bit of space in the middle. Him, Knak and Gerber would be the best possible 2nd line on paper. But Gerber once again lost all his confidence after a few risky plays that went wrong in the first 2 matches, and is a total no show so far. Nevertheless, I'd try it.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
The D depth is really something special for Switzerland. They lose a 4 year veteran in Gross, and still can ice a very smart and mobile top4.

The puzzle pieces in the Nussbaumer line finally start to match. Fun fact, Nussbaumer and Kohler played for the same junior club, but rarely on the same line. They mostly played PP together, and Kohler was the playmaker and Nussbaumer the sniper. How things chance over time.

But as Schmid is a quality 3rd C, we really miss a 2nd C who can create with the puck. Mettler definitely can't be that guy. Sopa had a strong season as a C before he crossed the pond. He could profit from gaining a bit of space in the middle. Him, Knak and Gerber would be the best possible 2nd line on paper. But Gerber once again lost all his confidence after a few risky plays that went wrong in the first 2 matches, and is a total no show so far. Nevertheless, I'd try it.
On the iihf app sopa is registerd as 13th forward on the swiss line up is that true?

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Yet another piece of evidence to the file.

Slovakia continuously terrible, some of the fans continuously can't grasp that.
About what kind of evidence are you still talking about? You already have a problem when I do positive prediction for Slovakia. :laugh:

Since quality of both rosters is quite similar, we have to look for issues somewhere else. Players havent showed their best so far.

As have been said many, many times. We have one of the worst teams here and we still managed an elite group for next year. :naughty:

Reactions: Czechboy

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
About what kind of evidence are you still talking about? You already have a problem when I do positive prediction for Slovakia. :laugh:

Since quality of both rosters is quite similar, we have to look for issues somewhere else. Players havent showed their best so far.

As have been said many, many times. We have one of the worst teams here and we still managed an elite group for next year. :naughty:
Because of f***ing Kazakhstan, and we still barely beat them

Reactions: kudla

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Hollenstein needed a game like this. Paterlini's patients may pay dividents. Liked Hollenstein's reaction after his mistake. His head's right back in the game, and he read the incoming PP instantly and was quick enough out for Schmid. Who in the end scored. I'm not sure it was exactly his plan, but what a play by Aebischer.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
This is what I'm talking about. Slovaks have 4-5 decent players, Swiss have more quality on defense alone. How are these similar rosters?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad