PGT: Game 15: Russia 7 - Switzerland 4

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I want to wash Bragin's brand of hockey forever out of my eyes. It stinks. It is a kind of heavy duty mediocrity. Lots of sound and fury signifying nothing.

No more please.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Its 3 games in and he's been one of Russia's best forwards each game...

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Kravtsov and Kostin have been head and shoulders above everyone else. Kovalenko and some of the bottom 6ers like Galimov have been good too. Pod and Marchenko have been very underwhelming in the previous games.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
I want to wash Bragin's brand of hockey forever out of my eyes. It stinks. It is a kind of heavy duty mediocrity. Lots of sound and fury signifying nothing.

No more please.
Not sure that there is a good replacement for him. Kinda time to look some foreign coach.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not sure that there is a good replacement for him. Kinda time to look some foreign coach.

There are always good people around. Unfortunately the wrong ones usually get hired.

Bragin is a good person and coach, but his approach has grown stale. I was ready to move on from him a couple of years ago.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
This period has been one of the best I've seen the Swiss play. The speed, the poise, the intensity, the precision... very impressive.

Eggenberger, Kurashev and Müller work together fantastically. Even if they went out of the 1st with a -1, they could have scored several times.

Still think the Russians will turn that around.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Back in the day , all lot of Swiss players were Canadian turned Swiss . I wonder if that's still the case or against newer rules

Also not really the case. The Germans, Austrian and Italien had a lot of canadian players. Switzerland had only Gardner, Di Pietro, Almond and Dominicelli. And most of the time it was only one Player with canadian citizenship.

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Disagree wholeheartedly.

Kravtsov and Kostin have been head and shoulders above everyone else. Kovalenko and some of the bottom 6ers like Galimov have been good too. Pod and Marchenko have been very underwhelming in the previous games.
Think he's one of the few who is meeting or exceeding expectations. Whole first line I've found underwhelming outside a couple individual flashes. Agree on Kovalenko though, not having him this game is clearly a big loss. If you're underwhelmed by Podkolzin and his line you must have had some sky high expectations for such a young line. I think they've came out on the right side of the play most shifts and have generated offensively without sacrificing defence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad