GDT: Game 15: Preds @ Avalanche | 8:30 PM CST | FS-TN

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Our goalie is the best dude ever and can't play because surgeons botched a surgery and could never be the same again. Their goalie bea............well.......you know.....and still gets to play. Sometimes life isn't fair, eh?

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I think we can focus on hockey tonight without Downie in the lineup. Hopefully we can hang with Hutton though. We will live and die by his play in net.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I still don't think Hutton has been that bad. I would say without hesitation that he has exceeded my expectations thus far, and I think that's pretty great. Likely not enough to beat the Avs, but sometimes life throws a wrench...and a 2x4 and a bag of mixed cement and some old Jack in the Box tacos...in your plans; we'll see what happens.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Our goalie is the best dude ever and can't play because surgeons botched a surgery and could never be the same again. Their goalie bea............well.......you know.....and still gets to play. Sometimes life isn't fair, eh?

Hard to say the surgery was botched... after doing some research through NIH journals, bacteria that attaches to non-natural surfaces can go into a dormant shell and be undetectable on implants till it goes back to normal form. Seems like we rarely hear about it b/c it usually happens in the elderly that already have many health issues to begin with. Pretty scary to think about really.

I'm just hoping that Duchene doesn't get another goal on a blown offsides call. Sure that loss netted us Jones in retrospect; but still gives me a chapped arse to think about it.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
This game gets ugly Avs win 6-0. Preds don't even get 20 SOG. Trotz gripes in the post game about his team's lack of Defense and how the Offense looked good.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Are those the confirmed lines? Would be nice to get some physical revenge on these guys. That and win the game. 3-2 preds.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Are those the confirmed lines? Would be nice to get some physical revenge on these guys. That and win the game. 3-2 preds.

I sure hope not because that is not a place to help Forsberg gain confidence. If that's where Trotz feels Forsberg needs to play, the team should just go ahead a trade Forsberg so that he can play somewhere where he's appreciated.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN

Never got confirmation from anyone at morning skate.

I know (per Trotz on 102.5 this morning) that Forsberg is indeed in tonight.
I read an article this morning that had Fisher and Hendricks as doubtful, although according to Josh Cooper, Hendricks did skate this morning.

Just tried to put people in the places that I thought they fit. Although i don't like Forsberg on the 4th line, i can definitely see Trotz playing him there again.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Never got confirmation from anyone at morning skate.

I know (per Trotz on 102.5 this morning) that Forsberg is indeed in tonight.
I read an article this morning that had Fisher and Hendricks as doubtful, although according to Josh Cooper, Hendricks did skate this morning.

Just tried to put people in the places that I thought they fit. Although i don't like Forsberg on the 4th line, i can definitely see Trotz playing him there again.

nope, never get much info from cooper about morning skate or the lines............he tweets about kale salad and how there are healthy options in Denver and nothing about the lines this am....
what a waste......

Go Preds

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
If the Avs goalies keep standing on their heads we will lose this game. If they come back down to earth and play like the goalies they really are we will win. It is that simple.

If you look at how the Avs have played this year they are still giving up an alarming amount of shots on goal. Their 12-1 record is largely dependent on their goalies continuing to play lights out.

Kind of ironic coming from a team that leans on Rinne to win games...

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
We are going to get our butts kicked. Then get trolled by annoying Avs fans telling us how great their team is because they got McKinnon instead of Jones.

Last edited:

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Good luck! Hoping to see a close game tonight. With Fisher out, wonder what lines will look like?
Nystrom Legwand Hornqvist
Wilson Cullen Smith
Borque Spaling Stalberg
Forsberg Gaustad ....who am I missing?
( this line up would look good. Colorado going to be tough to beat )

Ah....Clune!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->