GDT: Game 15: Preds @ Avalanche | 8:30 PM CST | FS-TN

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Great GDT! With the movers coming in a week and a newborn baby, catching a game is really difficult. Keeping myself from seeing the final score and reading through the GDT is the next best thing. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the season Willy and Stalberg! Looking at the highlights, great passing this game. Good forechecking.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
After watching this game I like the road the Predators are heading down and how Trotz is rolling out his lines. I don't like the ice time some of our players are getting but hopefully it will change.

The Wilson/Spaling/Stalberg line was our best tonight. While spaling didn't get on the score sheet he was a key to how well Stalberg and Wilson played together. Spaling won 13 of 14 faceoffs. That really is impressive against a very strong faceoff team. This line is what I would call a possession line and winning faceoffs will be very key. Wilson and Stalberg should be kept together from here on out no matter what imo. They really played well together.

The Smith/Cullen/Bourque line I thought played well but I am not really sure why Smith is only getting 12 minutes of ice time. While Cullen and Smith have worked well together on the rush I have yet to see them cycle the puck really well once in. Smith might be better suited to play with guys like Wilson and Stalberg. This is still a strong line and I really hope they start getting 14-17 minutes a game.

The Legwand/Nystrom/Hornqvist line was also solid last night. I really like the make-up of this line and hope it is kept together. Legy and Horny have worked well together in the past and I think Nystrom has added to it as well. They need to stay with this line imo.

I won't bother with the last line as it will change based on match-ups more than anything. Forsberg looked like a rookie with some high upside yet again. Can't wait for him to really get going and as I have said before I think he needs some time before people get on him. I think he will be a top 6 forward but not this year.

Weber and Jones looked ok. This wasn't their best game as a pairing. Jones made some really nice plays and also some rookie mistakes. Weber was solid as ever but didn't stand out. We need him to stand out like the player he is and when he jumps up on a play one of our damn forwards needs to cover him. 2 times last night our forwards missed Jones and Weber pinching and didn't cover the zone and we gave up goals. I don't blame Jones or Weber for it though.

Klein and Josi played very well. I kind of hope they stick with these two on the second pairing. They really do work well together and I loved seeing Klein dumping some of those Avs players.

Ekholm and Ellis played well. I still think Ekholm is awesome and while he isn't playing perfect he is playing extremely well for a rookie. Ellis was also more physical than I have seen him in this game. That pass on the power play was awesome.

Misc: Loved seeing the scrappy Bourque jump on Mcginn after his hit on Jones. That is the second time an Avs player left his feet for a head shot. I wonder if the NHL will do anything about it this time. Can you say rivalry? The only other penalty we took all game was Josi and I am not sure how it was called. I generally don't complain about penalties but that call was really bad. Mackinnon was breaking in with the puck and Josi played the body. By doing this the puck was knocked loose and because it he gets called for interference. I guess that is what Josi gets for making a good play.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Two notes:

• Wilson's game-winning goal was his 50th as a Predator. He's only the 18th player in Preds history to tally 50 goals (regular season and playoffs) with Nashville.
  • Gabby Bourque's Empty-Netter was the 100th ENG in franchise history. David Legwand's assist was his 31st point on an ENG; he has scored 14 goals on Mr. Nette and assisted on 17.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Wilson got NHL.com's First Star of the day for last night's play. Great job.

Untitled.png

Another note. They said that he tied his career high in points in a game last night. The last time that happened was March 8th, the game before his season ending injury last season.

Badger22

Nov 6, 2013
Madison, WI
So another win, sweet.

Another two goal lead blown on the road, needs to be addressed.

Jones gets railed by McGinn and McGinn is able to walk out of the building without paying, really? Downie takes out Josi last time we play these guys. McGinn launches himself at Jones and boards him and nothing is done the next time McGinn hits the ice. What happens next game when we play them? I'm all for winning a game and making sure we do but if teams know they can run our players without payback, I wonder why our guys keep getting injured. This annoys the ever living stew out of me.

Exactly. Clune got over 10 minutes of ice time and I barely even noticed him out there. I thought for sure he would've been checking everybody out there.

Also looking at the boxscore, Forsberg only got 6:42 TOI, had no clue it was that low.

Last edited:

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
It's hot on the avs game board. They are now saying Downie didn't shy away from fighting Nystrom, Clune, or Bartley. Haha also said they traded Downie so Nashville fans will quit crying when they play each other..

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Damn I missed out on some fun on the Av's board it seems and now they locked it. Sounds about right to lock it. Downie is scared of us and now so are their mods. mwahahahahaha

:sarcasm:

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Exactly. Clune got over 10 minutes of ice time and I barely even noticed him out there. I thought for sure he would've been checking everybody out there.

Also looking at the boxscore, Forsberg only got 6:42 TOI, had no clue it was that low.

Anyone think Tootoo would've been more likely to exact retribution? At the very least Tootoo would've charged a couple of COL players even if he missed getting a clean shot. Maybe Trotz didn't give Clune the green light fearing an Avs PP goal as a result?? Clune isn't the type to shy away from protecting his teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->