GDT: Game 15 | Pens vs Yotes | 11.10 7PM EST | Let's Go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

5sna6NO.jpg

cXormwm.jpg

B4qhz7G.jpg

Nz4ozVT.jpg

cWBdXv3.jpg

xSy73CV.jpg

Line-ups are subject to change

Pens Injuries:
4 Justin Schultz
19 Derick Brassard

Yotes Injuries:
32 Antti Raanta
18 Christian Dvorak
6 Jakob Chychrun
33 Alex Goligoski

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Let's
Go
Pens!!!!

I want this:

But I think I will be playing this a bit too much:

Reactions: ColePens

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
I liked what’s I saw from the Guentzel/Crosby/Kessel line last game, hope they gonna stick with that line tonight. I’m kinda tired to see Crosby playing with AHLers

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I liked what’s I saw from the Guentzel/Crosby/Kessel line last game, hope they gonna stick with that line tonight. I’m kinda tired to see Crosby playing with AHLers

We get an advantage spreading out our stars. It’s not like it’s hurting Sid’s production. One of those current “AHL’ers” is 5th on the team in scoring at a 47 point pace.

If Kessel can produce close to what he could on the 3rd line and guys like Simon can produce more with Sid than lower in the line up it makes sense. At worst production is break even but what it does to the opposition is a big help.

They will constantly have match up problems. It’ll wear down the opposition especially their top 4 D because L1-L3 should feast on any bottom pair D.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We get an advantage spreading out our stars. It’s not like it’s hurting Sid’s production. One of those current “AHL’ers” is 5th on the team in scoring at a 47 point pace.

If Kessel can produce close to what he could on the 3rd line and guys like Simon can produce more with Sid than lower in the line up it makes sense. At worst production is break even but what it does to the opposition is a big help.

They will constantly have match up problems. It’ll wear down the opposition especially their top 4 D because L1-L3 should feast on any bottom pair D.
Yeah, there's merit in both setups. Building the best top end can work. Spreading the talent and coming in waves can work.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is it disloyal of me to hope the Yotes win so that this situation with the team can hit rock bottom and more meaningful changes be made than shipping out some 21-year-old healthy scratch?

Good news for you is that you don't really have to hope too hard. They'll lose this game on their own merits.

And by not being able to score because their lines are a goddamned clusterf***.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@DegenX - your GDTs are on fire, girl. Seriously. f***ing amazing.

As for Oleksiak, I don't get it. I've been on the record for saying his d game still struggles red line to our goal line, but his game DID improve red line to their goal line. So quite honestly from a d-perspective, I get it. But it's not like JJ/Olli are doing any better.

What I see right now is a panicked Sully who is just throwing things up in the air. I've always said the hardest thing to do is to reinvent after winning a Cup. Sully is falling into a trap that Bowman warned him about. And he's falling hard.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just bringing my comment form the salary cap thread into here, Oleksiak is 1st in goals/60 and is 2nd in points/60 among defenseman at ES this year. The team can't score, so Sullivan decides to scratch one of their most productive players on defense. Just throwing that out there in case you needed more evidence for how many bad roster decisions Sullivan is making this year.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I don't get scratching Olek either.

You never know though with JR talking about trades maybe Olek could be involved in something.

I remember when Scuderi got traded i was surprised he was getting scratched for that game and he ended up getting traded right before the game started.

I could see teams being interested in Olek and you would be selling high on him right now.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Man. I get Oleksiak is playing way above ability..But if they trade HIM...Zomg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad