GDT: Game #15 of the season Ducks visit Golden Knights 10:00 PM ET on 2 - 11 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Revisiting this. What a takeaway by Lundy, what a pass by Comtois over Pietrangelo, and what a move by Lundy, but unfortunately it did not go in.
Then this line scored later on. Rakell has really adjusted well to this line, he made a great play on the goal. Fun to watch.

Also, is Maxime Goaltois a thing yet?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
On a team this offensively inept Comtois is at an early 30+ goal pace

Should clarify that's over an 82 game schedule.
I feel like he's the replacement for what they used to get out of Corey Perry. Goes to the dirty areas, just scores goals and his passing is underrated like Perry. Pure confidence and high level of swagger in him.

I think the next step is him getting assists when Rakell or Lundestrom score a goal and he almost did when Lunde nearly had a goal.

Reactions: Deuce22

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I completely forgot that Comtois's NHL debut a few years ago he scored a goal only 49 seconds into the game. He just gets the NHL.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
This version of Terry feels like he could actually run his own line but with the way they've been playing I really feel like Getz and Terry together is just good for everybody right now.
Terry needs space to operate and playing with Getzlaf makes that possible as Getz draws so much attention to himself.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel like every goalie we play turns into an allstar.

Well they got 4 against Vegas the other night and 3 against the Kings and 4 against San Jose. They are 3-1-1 in their last 5 games and averaged nearly 3 goals a game in that time. If they averaged close to 3 goals to start the season could easily be like 9-4-2 now, maybe even better.

Ducks issue are not creating plays and scoring chances but finishing them obviously. They need to continue to be aggressive and spend more time in the O-zone but they need to change their strategy to finishing, lift the puck, get more bodies to the net more, shoot from all angles. That play Getz made on Fluery was very good but again couldn’t cash in on a goal.

Reactions: Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
In the first 9 or so games, creating scoring chances was a HUGE issue for the ducks. Now the only issue the last 5 games is burying them in the net. I think in the beginning of the year we were averaging like 19-23 shots on goal. Now we’re in the 30s most nights it seems like

Problems still exist for this team but they’re a pleasant surprise to me so far

Reactions: Kalv

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I feel like he's the replacement for what they used to get out of Corey Perry. Goes to the dirty areas, just scores goals and his passing is underrated like Perry. Pure confidence and high level of swagger in him.

I think the next step is him getting assists when Rakell or Lundestrom score a goal and he almost did when Lunde nearly had a goal.
He also loves to stretch the ice. It can really pull the d back and help with the breakout if he is disciplined with when he releases. It also creates a lot of scoring chances.

I really like him

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
For anyone who grew up with Bionicle...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
there's people who aren't on the fire BM train?
Me.
He is not the greatest ever, but people only acknowledge his wrongdoings. No one is complimenting him for supporting youngsters with good veteran players, no one is telling "well, fighting for playoffs turns out to NOT be unrealistic after all, etc". Instead people come up with ridiculous trade proposals (like Steel for TDA just above), imagine that Bob would do it, and rant about how bad he is. Lol, Bob would never do it.
I'm very thankful he's not building a loser franchise like Oilers, Sabres and some others, including LA now.
He has done some mistakes, yes, but often they are somewhat arguable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->