GDT: Game #15 of the season Ducks visit Golden Knights 10:00 PM ET on 2 - 11 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wish we had better line mates for Steel to play with.

I think it might be better for him to go down to the AHL at this point. I don’t want him playing with dump and chase players and that’s what Silfverberg is right now

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I wish we had better line mates for Steel to play with.

I think it might be better for him to go down to the AHL at this point. I don’t want him playing with dump and chase players and that’s what Silfverberg is right now

Steel has centered two different lines already.

Early in the season: Comtois-Steel-Terry
Recently.................: Heinen-Steel-Silf​

We're not going to separate Comtois-Lundy-Rakell. That would leave Rico-Steel-Terry? Why not just step up his game like Lundy did. I dunno what happened to Lundy, but something in him went "bazinga"!

I'd like Steel to be sent down to the AHL for a quick spell. Steel is waiver exempt.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Steel has centered two different lines already.

Early in the season: Comtois-Steel-Terry
Recently.................: Heinen-Steel-Silf​

We're not going to separate Comtois-Lundy-Rakell. That would leave Rico-Steel-Terry? Why not just step up his game like Lundy did. I dunno what happened to Lundy, but something in him went "bazinga"!

I'd like Steel to be sent down to the AHL for a quick spell. Steel is waiver exempt.
They're going to glue Terry to Getzlaf.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
I've always been a big fan and defender of Henrique. IMO he's been an extremely reliable and consistent player for us who also scores goals. But I have to agree with Duxfan that this season he does seem disinterested - like there's something in his head or his life that's getting in the way of his performance. I hope he sorts it out.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm glad Steell got scratched. I really like him but he is obviously in some slump he needs to get out of. Weather benching or sending to the AHL, I hope we try different things and see if he gets back of being himself. He was really improving to end the last season, so he definitely knows better than this and I'm pretty sure it's frustrating on himself as well.

Other youngsters have been playing quite well. Lundy made a sweet sweet move, but Fleury made some magic. That pass by Comtois is being overlooked now, but it was really good, Comtois should have been 1+1 tonight. The other Max, Jones, I think made some nice plays today as well. It might not be scoring what he brings but I think he brings a very positive contribution with his active play.

We are drastically improving our Shots For and Shots Again metrics as well.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
A big question to posit is will Steel sit on the bench now that Grant looked better on the ice?
I hope he gets sent down, which is nothing wrong or bad. He is still very young, and carries decent potential, someone that is miles better than his current self. He just needs to find himself again.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
No - he's got the talent to be here. He needs to drink the same Kool-Aid the other kids are drinking and get with the program.
easier said than done. he hasn't shown any signs of progress at the NHL level and keeping him with the big club will only kill off his confidence

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I am feeling so much pride for this team. They are working so hard and have been legit fun to watch. Totally OK with this trajectory.
Yep they are now a threat to score and are skating hard. The beginning of the year was just bad and boring.

Props to the coaching staff too

Reactions: Ducksforcup

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Well I still have my standpoint that this is a good team. Things needed to come together and it looks like this happens step by step.

What I like most, they play a team game and they do it 200ft.

Ah, and hell yeah, I love the way Raks plays lately. His line looks like a natural fit. All 3 of them.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I've always been a big fan and defender of Henrique. IMO he's been an extremely reliable and consistent player for us who also scores goals. But I have to agree with Duxfan that this season he does seem disinterested - like there's something in his head or his life that's getting in the way of his performance. I hope he sorts it out.

He needs to go to whatever program Ricky went to in the off-season. Rakell looks consistently engaged at a level I haven’t seen from him since the playoff series against Edmonton a few years ago.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
We could have gotten some 1sts for silf and henrique when i said to blow it up 2 years ago. Dont think we can now

Reactions: Son of Gib

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
They have had a chance to beat Vegas 3 times despite being far less talented. I like what I'm f***ing seeing. Well deserved win.

Three out of the four games have been decided by one goal. We're 1-2-1 against VGK, and Comtois loves playing in Vegas. A win against one of the top-3 is significant for the team's mindset that it can compete. That was today's theme from the team, "changing the mindset."

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

He also looked out of shape to me. Lake of speed and motor.

steel needs to be in the AHL

I don't think Steel has much to gain in the AHL. Like Terry, a few games being scratched could/should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad