GDT: Game #15 : KINGS vs. PREDATORS - Saturday, 11/2/’13 @ 7:30 pm PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
PK has not been good for about a couple of weeks now.

Ever since Bob and Jim bragged about it that one broadcast, it went into the crapper.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
He did, but it was momentum that carried him in. I notice players do that close to the boards too draw calls, Brown does it too.

There's no reason to wind up and hit a guy when his back is clearly turned. I don't care if it's embellished or not, it's a dangerous hit. Clifford is just worthless, plays 7 minutes a game, skates around a bit, does absolutely nothing. What a waste.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
He did, but it was momentum that carried him in. I notice players do that close to the boards too draw calls, Brown does it too.

It doesn't matter, its still all on Clifford. It's common ****ing sense, if you see the numbers don't follow through for **** sake. It's a stupid penalty to take in the neutral zone.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
There's no reason to wind up and hit a guy when his back is clearly turned. I don't care if it's embellished or not, it's a dangerous hit. Clifford is just worthless, plays 7 minutes a game, skates around a bit, does absolutely nothing. What a waste.

The guy turned his back a split second before the hit. I agree that Clifford needs to be a bit smarter, but come on. He created a goal just last game with a big hit. Its part of his game, and you take the good with the bad.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
It should be noted that Brown was garbage on both Nashville goals, and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first game this year he's been out on the PK due to the Carter injury.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Huge goal by Kopitar, that's a big difference going into the 2nd. The Kings did okay 5 x5 by man is their PK a mess. They used to dominate PK, not they seem to be one step behind and esp near the net, out of position . They need to clean that up, it's killing them every game.

And what's with Nashville taking fencing lessons? Keep the sticks down.

Muzzin was all over the place...like to see him drill one right thru Hutton.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
The guy turned his back a split second before the hit. I agree that Clifford needs to be a bit smarter, but come on. He created a goal just last game with a big hit. Its part of his game, and you take the good with the bad.

Only if he could create a goal using his stick every once in a while.. But that may be asking too much.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
It should be noted that Brown was garbage on both Nashville goals, and if I'm not mistaken, this is the first game this year he's been out on the PK due to the Carter injury.

Brown is just not 100% his game is not there.

Probably should have not played this season till he was, stayed on IR.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
Huge goal by Kopitar, that's a big difference going into the 2nd. The Kings did okay 5 x5 by man is their PK a mess. They used to dominate PK, not they seem to be one step behind and esp near the net, out of position . They need to clean that up, it's killing them every game.

And what's with Nashville taking fencing lessons? Keep the sticks down.

Muzzin was all over the place...like to see him drill one right thru Hutton.

Except when Muzzin does shoot it, it'll hit Mike Fisher's shinpads and float over to the boards. You know...like always.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site

I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic when I ask this, but did you see the play? It was a penalty, but he turned his back at the last second. It's an astute play that smart players are using to exploit the system.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009

At what point do we start to worry that this isn't just a product of Brown being injured... and instead is just regression? I certainly hope not, and his decline in play does seem to be rather sudden, but those remaining contract years are looking longer by the minute.

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
I'm not trying to be snarky or sarcastic when I ask this, but did you see the play? It was a penalty, but he turned his back at the last second. It's an astute play that smart players are using to exploit the system.

Your right, that's both sarcastic and snarky.. Ya I saw it. I saw that his back went from almost completely turned, to completely turned. I also think Clifford had enough of time to just rub the guy out, which would have accomplished the exact same thing as trying to put him through the boards.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I was referring to our sudden inability this year to be able to kill penalties when we take them. It's no coincidence that started this year with the loss of number 7.

Ahh, I agree. Regardless of who we have killing penalties though, we can't be taking this many

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
If Nashville hadn't been getting away with stick infractions all game I would be okay with that hooking call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad