GDT: Game #14|Tue., Nov. 5, 2013| Flyers at Hurricanes |7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadFerIt95*

It's definitely something they need to look at & possibly change in the future but the NHL's hands were tied with this one, it would have caused a ****storm with the NHLPA if they bended the rules & suspended Emery. That's why I think it's laughable when people say he should have gotten 10+ games for it.

Yeah I agree, nothing in the rules that says you can suspend him. But I even hear people saying Holtby should file a lawsuit..... sissies

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Yeah I agree, nothing in the rules that says you can suspend him. But I even hear people saying Holtby should file a lawsuit..... sissies

If he does, he should quit hockey, because he will get harassed every single game.

MadFerIt95*

If he does, he should quit hockey, because he will get harassed every single game.

Im sure Holtby won't, but I just think people are making a huge deal out of this when really it isn't If it were Anaheim's goalie we all would have forgot about it the next day, but since it was the goalie who plays for the Most Classless city in the USA, people cause a ****storm

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
:(

Luke should be playing, and IMO Berube should have rewarded Emery with another start.
Why should Emery be rewarded with another start when Mason is clearly the number one goalie at this point? Emery hasn't played that well in any of his games, and sure, in the last one he got a shutout and made all the saves he needed to, but those were ones that I think even AHL goalies wouldn't have trouble with. There's no need to start trying things out when things are, in my opinion at least, pretty clear in terms of goaltending matters.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Mason's last game was that WSH drubbing, you gotta get him back out to make sure he didn't go goofy again like he did in CLB

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't know why people think there is something up. Many people seem to notice that L. Schenn stinks this year, they mention bad footwork, bad decisions, bad angles. Basically everything he did well last year, he's doing the opposite.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Second, Schenn is right-handed. I know that many people do not think this is a big deal, but hear me out. Right now, seven out of the eight Flyers defensemen are left-handed. On Saturday, the Flyers started six lefties. When a defenseman is going to retrieve a dump-in on the goalies right side, a left-handed player must either play the puck behind the net, or pass it blindly up the boards. Because it is unwise to throw around blind passes, most of the Flyers defenseman on the right side just end up passing the puck to their defense partner behind the net. This gives the opposing forward more time to get up on the fore-check and disrupt the Flyers breakout.

http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2013/11/04/philadelphia-flyers-trade-luke-schenn/

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Don't see us winning this one. Don't know how Mason will perform after his first bombing of the season and Gill+Meszaros...just no. They barely survived against a team that not only is as bad as us but is the oldest team in the league (and thus one of the slowest themselves).

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Don't see us winning this one. Don't know how Mason will perform after his first bombing of the season and Gill+Meszaros...just no. They barely survived against a team that not only is as bad as us but is the oldest team in the league (and thus one of the slowest themselves).

Carolina is struggling right now too from what I understand (at least according to my friend who is a Canes fan.) Who knows. Hopefully the team can rally and win.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Everyone will have bad games, but EVERYONE played bad in that Washington game. Mason will bounce back.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Carolina is struggling right now too from what I understand (at least according to my friend who is a Canes fan.) Who knows. Hopefully the team can rally and win.

Struggling isn't the half of it. We're on a 5 game losing streak. Our starting goalie and our NHL backup are both out. Our goalies right now started the season as the starter/backup combo for our AHL club. We have no offense, the players you expect to produce (the Staals and Semin especially) have gone cold and the one player who was chipping in offensively, Skinner, has been out with a wrist/arm injury. Please, oh Bullies of Broad Street, have mercy on us.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

That's the only reason I think a win is even remotely possible, because Carolina sucks as badly as us right now. They're coming off five losses in a row and eventually that loss streak will end. No reason why it isn't favorable to end tonight when they're playing a team just as bad as them that's electing to bench Luke Schenn and Gustafsson to play a Gill-Meszaros pairing. Even against NJ Gill-Meszaros got hemmed into their own zone multiple times and that was against the slowest team in the league, with as many wins as us at the time (now less then us), and missing two key forwards.

Just saying that Carolina will win one eventually and probably some point soon. The Flyers are also playing with fire and asking to get burnt by playing a Gill-Meszaros pairing until it loses them a game.

Everyone will have bad games, but EVERYONE played bad in that Washington game. Mason will bounce back.

I don't doubt that, but he also has a history of doing the opposite in Columbus and he hasn't seen a lot of bad play from himself in Philly so I'm just waiting to see how he reacts.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Didn't we hold Devils to like 16 shots, what more could they have done ? I think it is insanity that Luke is benched again, but Canes are horrible and not an auto loss no matter who are the D men .

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Didn't we hold Devils to like 16 shots, what more could they have done ? I think it is insanity that Luke is benched again, but Canes are horrible and not an auto loss no matter who are the D men .

I don't know about shots, but the Devils are barely better then us offensively. 28th in goals for (two spots above us) and 25th in goal differential (one spot above us).

They were also missing Elias and Zajac, two forwards very key to their offensive group one way or another. The game the night after ours against Minnesota, they also only had like 20 or so shots on goal that night.

It was a really bad team offensively on par with us that was missing two key forwards. Not really a wonder that we limited the shots against. Did you watch the game? It was the most boring game I've seen in a long while because it was two horrible teams with injuries going at it. There were also times where the Gill-Meszaros pairing was visibly hemmed into the defensive zone.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I never used the words auto loss either. I'm just saying I don't see us winning this.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Can't believe Gill and Mez start again as a pair.

Yeh, Flyers may have won and not let up many shots (vs an awful debs team) but every time those two were on they got hemmed in their own zone.

Gill and Mez should not be here after next year, they bring very little with no upside, only decline.

Gus and Schenn have both played better than Mez, are good value and have a future.

Gill somehow had -39 and -18.41 corsi in that game... in 15 minutes, with a devils team that only got 16 shots off, and he was on ice for one of our goals! **** me that is poor.

Mez has -11 and -15 with the easiest QoC of any D man... the worst of any D man with more than 1 game!

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I never used the words auto loss either. I'm just saying I don't see us winning this.

Just saying FLyers held that ****** Devils team to under 20 shots and 0 goals, not much more they could off done. Canes are just as bad as Devils , so no reason cant do it tonight. Flyers offense has a better chance of putting up goals than Canes imo. Other than Staal and Semin, they are pretty weak.

I was out and watched loaded at like 1 am, but don't recall Emery standing on his head at all ? Could be wrong though .

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Can't believe Gill and Mez start again as a pair.

Yeh, Flyers may have won and not let up many shots (vs an awful debs team) but every time those two were on they got hemmed in their own zone.

Gill and Mez should not be here after next year, they bring very little with no upside, only decline.

Gus and Schenn have both played better than Mez, are good value and have a future.

Gill somehow had -39 and -18.41 corsi in that game... in 13 minutes, with a devils team that only got 16 shots off. **** me that is poor.

Mez has -11 and -15 with the easiest QoC of any D man... the worst of any D man with more than 1 game!

Nothing should surprise you with Holmer and now Berube. Berube has made a lot of questionable decisions in his short time as boss.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Just saying FLyers held that ****** Devils team to under 20 shots and 0 goals, not much more they could off done. Canes are just as bad as Devils , so no reason cant do it tonight. Flyers offense has a better chance of putting up goals than Canes imo. Other than Staal and Semin, they are pretty weak.

Refer to the post above you.

Also, the Hurricanes aren't the oldest team in the league and the Devils weren't on a five game skid when we faced them IIRC. I know it sounds odd to use losses of the opponent as a way to say we'll lose, but it's inarguable that the Hurricanes are going to win eventually. How often do you see six game loss streaks? Or anything greater then that?

Like I said before, the Flyers are playing with fire arbitrarily and the Hurricanes are going to have to win one eventually even if it is by luck or by crappy quality opponents.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
For what it's worth, the Devils have been shutout two games in a row (with Elias and Zajac missing in both games) and in terms of minutes played they've been shutout for well over two games now.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Mason bombed the WSH. game ???

umm he only allowed 3, Emery allowed 4..

and the entire team from waterboy on up to the Capn stank the place out...

gunna give Mason a full pass on that game (maybe if he stayed in the full game, i might think differently)

put i think he was pulled before the game got to him, and sas a message for the team to gets its head out of its ass, which obviously never happened, in fact i think the team drove its collective head even farther up its ass after Mase got yanked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad